Ratings for Dr. Mubeen Rafay

Where should I start with Dr Rafay she was the one who initially diagnosed me with seizures she was a literal life saver. Although there were many blood tests she assured me it was for the best and once I turned 18 she referred me to my current neurologist Dr Barnes I cant thank this woman enough for what she has done for me I can still drive and be independent even with my seizures which my family didn't know was possible absolutely love this woman

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Doctor Rafay has been with my Cyrus since he was born at woman's. Her assistant too knows of my son. I respect her so much! She has been taking care of him since his seizures began when he was 3 months. Without her and her team I don't know where we would be. All the late night calls her team takes from us. She is it for us! She is the best and has been nothing but excellent taking care of him. I was not sure of the medications at first but they do help him and have saved his life. I am so very thankful for everything Dr Rafay and her team have done for my son!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I'm sure that a visit to the doctors can definitely have varying opinions but we had a good experience with Dr. Rafay. I found her to be concise, took her time (nice not to be rushed for once!) and asked me many questions before making any decisions. She was great with our little boy and was very friendly. No complaints :)

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

My friend's daughter have been seeing this doctor for over 2 year. She is the only neurologist with sub specialty in Paediatric Stroke in Manitoba. She is a passionate person. She is not quick but knows how to deal the problem. We are very fortunate to have one paediatric stroke specialist in Winnipeg.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr Rafay was more worried about her Vacation than helping my daughter. Thank god I have an amazing Neurologist now. I could no longer tolerate her and she would not listen to anything that I would suggest. I believe as parents we know our kids the best. She should listen to the parents more to find out all the meds she prescribes is working or making it worse! In our case it made it worse.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

her experience and knowledge combined with persistance of finding a proper treatment helped saved my daughter from sever brain injury.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2011

I heard good reputation of her. My few friends consult her and have relatively better experience than her other colleagues. She explain in a soft manner. My family is completely satisfied. Manitoba has the shortage of all kind of doctors creating a stressful work environment. I understand that the different people has different experience with a same doctor.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

-She made hasty decisions, then she acted like a heart spcialist, and when we questioned why she was prescribing a med, she acted like we had no right to ask, we had to ask her about tests to check certain conditions. We found the Pediatric neuroloy/neurosurgery dept. in winnipeg, not only 10 years behing the rest of the world, but they seem to be more worried about vacations, then their patients. We left Winnipeg, before one of their mistakes kills our kids.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010

Dr. Rafay Has been my daughter's pediatric neurologist since she was 2 months old. For the most part she is OK. I do feel like she discredited my concerns at times. I felt like I was second guessing the seizure symptoms that I saw because she said "I shouldn't look so hard" When it is your baby who's health is at stake you don't want to leave any stone unturned and I appreciate if a doctor understands that and doesn't belittle the concerns a parent has.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2007