Ratings for Dr. Van Hota

Dr. Hota and staff worked on my hand - went well and I am happy - will be having my other hand done soon

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Very nasty experience, felt prejudged then ignored, he also was unable to see a large rip in my backside even though he put a camera up there .

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

My Mother was blessed to have Dr.Van Hota as her surgeon in December of 2013. I have to admit prior to the surgery I had read many of the vitriolic remarks on this website with respect to Dr.Hota , coming from out of town I did have some concerns based on these remarks. All concerns were alleviated when I had the pleasure of meeting with Dr.Hota and observing his level of expertise as a surgeon and the care he provided to my Mother. I have never heard of a surgeon that monitors the progress of his patients more closely then Dr.Hota. He attended the hospital morning, noon and night even contacting my Mother at home after discharge to check on her progress. Dr. Hota may be a man of few words but the care he provides his patients speaks volumes. The City of Napanee is blessed to have such a skilled surgeon provide services to them.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

My first colonoscopy. I heard so many horror stories from people who had this done by other surgeons and hospitals. I wasn't nervous because I just had to have it done. Dr. Hota and his team were amazing in every way. Kind, efficient, professional and absolutely no complications or side effects. I would have no hesitation having this procedure done again by Dr. Hota. My husband had his gallbladder removed May 2013 by DR. Hota and again excellent support in every way. Yes he does ask about weight and so what - its a health concern and extra weight impacts one's health and the health system. Yes I have battled weight all my life and need daily reminders, exercise and a good diet to keep it in check so I know this is hard to do. But don't shoot the messenger. I appreciate his directness. He doesn't have the time to mollycoddle people. Dr. Hota knows his stuff-he is an example of excellence in his profession. We are blessed to have him in our community. Thanks!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I went to Dr Hota for hemmroid banding. He never told me that I would have no freezing or anything, just lay there and take it. When I went back for a check up I informed him that every time I have a bowel movement now I get really bad pain in my feet. I had never experience this before. He replied NOT MY FAULT! Well I never had it before he worked on me and the surgery did not work. I had to go to a specialist in Brockville. To this day I still have the same problem and no one knows what he did. I also believe he has an issue with over weight females. I will never go to him again.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

Dr. Hota has seen me on a few differnt matters. He was always polite and clear in his explanation. He answered every question clearly, and with sensitivity. While I believe he is paid per procedure, he has never been pushy to proceed with anything, and in fact is clear of the disavantages of proceeding, and the advantages of waiting. If something is a priority he is clear about that too. I feel very fortunate to have him in my community hospital. Caring, skilled and ethical specialists are not to be taken for granted. Just be thankful when you have the good fortune of having one serve you. That is my experience with Dr. Hota, his staff, and the staff at the Napanee General Hospital.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr Hota is a very nice respectfull suergon very kind and careing he repired my 2 hernia and tied my tubs he is the best suregon i will refer anyone to him thank u so much dr hota, he was very pleasnt and happy i was nervous and scared and he made me smile,

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Very polite doctor. He removed almost 10 inches of my bowel and I did not require a colostomy bag i now need a hernia repair and he has told me to lose weight. Yes he dislikes overweight patients but he is generally right. I went to the Shouldice Hospital in Toronto who specialize in hernia repair only. I Hadley the weight as required (10 lbs) The surgeon there refer me to the Chief Surgeon who specializes in the type of hernia I have. I would have Dr Hota do the surgery but I decided that a specialist would be more appropriate. This surgeon now wants me to lose ANOTHER 10 pounds . Dr Hota is right in admonishing overweight patients as the surgery is easier for the surgeon if the tissue is tighter. Stop ragging on surgeons and Dr Hota is one of the best and we are fortunate to have him here. Oh and by the way he has no say on the anesthetic it is handled by another doctor who specializes in sedation.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

I had a colonoscopy Aug. 31 2012 My experience was very professional, extremly efficiant I would go back when needed.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012

Hey, it cost me nothing for the removal of my Gallbladder. I did not wake up, or have any issues with this guy. Yup he's a little cold, and has no patience for fat folks, my bmi was 25, putting me on the scale of a tad overweight, and i mentioned that i had lost some weight since my attacks, and yes he did say i could loose a little more, but you know what? he's right, i could loose a bit more. good for him for saying it like it is. im not looking for a friend, i just want to get in and get the hell out. he came by a couple of times to check in after surgury. now 1 month on, i feel great thanks to him. no issue at all. i dont want a joke cracking doctor. i can get that at the comedy club.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012