Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Lajoie

dwent to discuss an issue - and she performed an excruciating surgery on my cervix - even though I told her I had "just had one" (and that experience, though still excruciating ) was polar-opposite. That other gynacologist talked with me, described what it was for; got my consent; used a local anesthetic and the kindly nurse held m hand; they knew I would bleed and warned me it may go on for "up to a day or two in some women, although not usual"; (I was one of those); they gave me a pad immediately afterward; the nurse continued holding my hand until the adrenaline/pain subsided - Dr Lajoie was like a butcher except even a butcher asks what kind of meat you want, and a description of what the meat is, etc - this doctor did NOT warn me - I thought she was just "having a look" - the nurse left the room ASAP, blood everywhere, no pad given. I was in shock, crying, in so much agony, and only finally to tell me "the next patient needs the room" did a nurse or receptionist come in; I was in a daze. I bled for days. I couldn't attend an important function that night I felt so physicaly dreadful and emotionally brutalized. Since no pad was provided, I bled through my clothes and onto my car seat - which had to be cleaned. I was so shattered, I didn't want to ever deal with them again (to send the car detailing bill at the very least) - I'm very relieved this site exists. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Be wary of this doctor. She was the doctor-on-call for a high risk, dangerous pregnancy and delivery. During a previous hospital encounter prior to the birth, she caused pain to the patient causing distress and fear. This lack of skill previously left the patient frightened when Dr. Lajoie ended being up the doctor on-call for the actual birth. During the birth Dr. Lajoie ignored the patient's history of previous dangerous deliveries and did not take any of the patient's complicated current social-medical circumstances under consideration. She was abrupt, dismissive and void of any empathy. More disturbing, her leadership style was negative and abrasive resulting in negative interactions between the nurses, the patient and family. The nurses appeared rattled, rushed, uncertain and eventually a few ended up being very rude to the patient. Dr. Lajoie was argumentative with the family members whose role was to provide support for the mother, eventually she demanded everyone out leaving the mother by herself. There was no medical reason for this demand, only her own need for control. A doctor with better skills could have handled the situation in a less distressing and less demanding way. The biggest problems are that she makes assumptions; acts abruptly without thought; does not engage in much conversation; asks few questions; is disrespectful of the family providing support and employs absolutely no listening skills at all - instead she relies on giving orders. Essentially she lacks the skills required for patient care. This makes her a dangerous doctor in grave situations. Bizarrely, she denied the father any role in the birth process. She made assumptions about his intentions; without asking any questions; without seeking understanding; or even listening to the father. Her complete disrespect for the father was very disturbing. It disrupts the essential bonding that should be part of a positive birth experience. She did not seem to comprehend the negativity of her behaviour; nor did she appear to care. If her behaviour had not been challenged by the other family advocates, this high risk patient would have been sent home under negative circumstances; leaving the mother & baby very vulnerable and the father disrespected & alienated. Fortunately, the baby was born safely at the hospital later under the care of a different doctor.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Lajoie is adorable. Respectful to the patient's decision, which is not that common. She does not talk much, but she knows what to do, and does her job in the most professional way. As a mother of three, I have met few obgyns and can compare. Great doctor. Period.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Just recently had a benign tumor removed from my ovaries as well as my right ovary and Dr Lajoie did a great surgery and was so kind and understanding of my pain very knowledgeable and asnwered my questions before I could even think to ask and all the ones I forgot I wanted to ask. I am only 25 so she did her best to keep everything that she could down there so i still can get pregnant the easier thing to do was a fully hysterectomy but she went in there and all I lost was an ovary even though they were sure I had to lose my fallopian tube as well. I have a hard time believing anyone who had a bad expereince with her. one of the top 2 doctors and medical professionals I have ever dealt with. thank you so much Jennifer .

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

If you need A gynaecologist ,OBGYN in Nanaimo ,BC stay away from this one . Her surgical skill's and post opritive care suck . I have A vaginal prolapse repair on November ,30,2016 and I started experiencing issues with the incision swelling ,pain ,bleeding after two week's and A week later I had A full out infection ,however she would not even see me to examine what was going on . Luckily I had some left over antibiotic cream from A skin infection I had ,had some year's ago . My dissolving stitches which in the past when I had the surgery by A different surgeon where gone in two and A half week's and with Dr Lajoie I ended up removing the stitches myself after 5 1/2 week's . When I went for my 6 week check up and I told her I was still spotting her only comment was well everything look's fine . I also know I was able to resume intimacy the last time after 8 week's and was asked by the surgeon who did it when I came in for my check up asked if I had been intimate and how did it feel . I was told by Dr Lajoie oh no no heavy lifting for several more week's and the same for intimacy I need to wait several more week's . I also lost allot of blood when Dr Lojoie operated on me even though it was A much shorter surger then my first rectoseal and the removal of my overlies . Just stay clear of this doctor .

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

She is great. A little reserved and quiet but that is just a personality type. Make a list of questions you have and she will answer them all, she is very educated. She was running late during my appointment but she did not make me feel rushed at all. I feel very confident in her care. Also, a nice bonus - her reception lady is very sweet and kind.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I seriously do not understand how anyone doesn't like DrLajoie? I saw her with both of my pregnancies and she is both an excellent doctor and extremely nice person. And Annette at reception is great as well.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

Dr. Lajoie is the most amazing Doctor ... She is so caring and kind, Dr Lajoie explained everything thoroughly. She went above & beyond for me. After reviewing my ultra sound report, Dr. Lajoie immediately ordered a CT scan & I was having surgery within 2 weeks. After she received the pathology report she called me at home after hours with the good news, also checking on my pain level . Annette is the sweetest receptionist they make a great team. Thank you both so very much. Linda

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I have suffered with endometriosis for several years at a very young age. No one diagnosed this but Dr.Lajoie! Dr. Lajoie is so professional and explains things CLEARLY. True she is not a joking buddy for you, but why would you want a Doctor like that? I want professional. She knows her information, she puts patients dealing with life and death first and I respect that. She was THOROUGH every step of the way. I LOVE her receptionist, always answered my questions and got back promptly. Over all my pain became her focus and she helped with every decision until I had to have everything removed for being at a LEVEL 5 of this disease. Healed beautifully and she was very please. She is french Canadian and this comes across, reserved but caring. Thank you again to them both.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Poor care - caused a vaginal laceration, which has never happened before. Doesn't know simple procedures. Patient need to adjust to her schedule at all times. Disinterested in her patients, and not sincere. Cant be bothered. Afraid of her. Questionable front desk staff - poor.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016