Ratings for Dr. Donna Hurlock

Need a place to give stars FOR COST. NOT TAKEING INSURANCE IS COSTLY AND HARD ON WORKING PEOPLE. that being said I went to first appt. For my thyroid, changed meds, feeling better. She does take the time to talk to you, truly listens, and explains everything. ( she is charging you by the minute, cash only) but for my, health, sanity, family, work , I will have to suv it up for a year. But will be looking for someone to take over , do the same thing (which will be hard) that takes insurance.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Hurlock is a rare find. She treats and helps suffering women...women often misdiagnosed by the non-thinking doctors that blindly follow AMA recommendations and inaccurate blood testing. My family found out from Dr. Hurlock that prior to modern medicine, women suffering multiple miscarriages were treated with thyroid replacement which is a very inexpensive alternative to 30,000 to 50,000 for fertility treatments. She also treats with Armour Thyroid which is way better than Synthetic medications. Synthetics do not fully treat the T4 and T3 that low thyroid people are lacking. In response to the negative reviews, we must always be our own doctors. She carefully describes symptoms of too much thyroid medicine. It is always up to us to monitor whether we are getting too much medicine or not no matter which doctor is prescribing the medication. We are supposed to be monitoring our nightly pulse and whether our low thyroid symptoms are being relieved. Personal negligence is not her fault.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

My 16 year old daughter has Hashimoto's disease and was a mess when we went to see Dr. Hurlock. She said she never reads thyroid blood test results, instead giving us Armour and telling my daughter to keep upping the dose until "she felt better." Well, it was a very poor way to practice medicine. My daughter became "hyperthyroid" and she was over-medicated, with a dangerously high pulse, sweats and shakiness. I would be very cautious about any doctor who would tell you to treat yourself without more guidance.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

My story is-This doctor does not work with any insurance company-fine. I understood that walking in. However, when my insurance company wanted verification on a medication she prescribed she wrote a nasty note to the pharmacy telling me I needed to change my insurance company (this is through my employer so not sure how I am to do that) AND that she would charge $25 for every 5 minutes on the phone. Who is she charging? It should be noted that this doctor never gave me the courtesy of a call to explain this, just a nasty letter to the pharmacy. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and seeking legal ramification to get my money back as I paid over $400 my first visit for a prescription I can not have but need.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

I am amazed by how much time Dr Hurlock spends both in person and on the phone. She never rushes an appointment and whenever I have a question she always returns my call, usually that same evening. She takes the time to get to know her patients and works with them to help them be the healthiest they can be. She truly cares about her patients as people.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

Dr. Hurlock is a one trick pony. Everyone is diagnosed with hypothroidism.I was and it landed me in the ER. I went hypothyroid.After getting misdiafgnosed by Hurlock, I went to a good doctor who diagonsed low estrogen, progesterone and vitamin D. Dr. Hurlock cares about money, not the patient. She didn't return my phone calls when I got sick on her "treatment."There are better doctors who take insurance and care.Don't waste your time and money.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

5 years of debilitating fatigue, mental fuzzies, and weight gain - - 4 different doctors - - if I heard "honey you're over 40 now" I was going to curse loudly! She listens, works with you, and is very good at follow up. Today, I'm awake, back to my original weight, mentally alert, and happily pay the price of feeling good and being a functioning 40+ year old! Really . . . what's up with the concept that when women turn 40 they just turn tired and crazy? Thank you Dr. Hurlock for not being that doctor and helping women thrive (even over 40)!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

I have had thyroid issues for years. No one ever treated them because my blood test came back normal. Over the years I became fatter and more tired. She fixed me. I have lost 20 pounds since my first visit 2 months ago and I have so much more energy. Yes, her appointments run a little late but that is because she speaks to her clients. Schedule a morning appointment.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

Saved my life! I was on Synthroid for many years very undertreated Dr Hurlock switched me over to a natural thyroid medication. It took a few months but now I feel incredible.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

I have been hyperthyroid for over 20 years and she is the only Doctor that has ever listened to me.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

Dr. Donna Hurlock's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1979)