You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Paul Cooper

I hate to report on my bad experience but like the other reviewers here, I did not have a good or even average appointment with Dr. Cooper and his resident doctor. Dr. Cooper spent maybe 5 minutes talking to me about his opinion of medications and their uses (suggested I take some sort of triptan), handed me a printed-off sheet with some general info about migraines and left me with a "Merry Christmas". I was stunned that my appointment with him ended with NOTHING. No prescription, no recommendation, no follow-up as to how to proceed. I am so disappointed and even sad that this was my experience after having waited so long for an appointment and being hopeful that I would receive some treatment for my chronic migraines. I even asked the secretaries (who were wonderful) if this was normal. To leave without any indication as to what would happen next. No prescription, no referral. When I went back to ask him what he suggests I do he responded "follow-up with your family doctor". My family doctor sent me to you because you are the one who was suppose to guide and aid in the treatment plan. I hope this is not the 'norm' for Dr. Cooper and his team - to just dismiss their patients without any real care for their situation. Also, why a 15 page questionnaire to not address ANY of the reported issues. What a scam. Give all this personal information so he has data to support and probably fund further research projects. Resident Doctor - please be more cautious and self-aware of your tone and body language. You came off as very abrupt, slightly rude, and insensitive - telling me you that you can sense I'm nervous and that is making you nervous was so insensitive and hurtful. Worse thing to say to someone who has some anxiety.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr. Cooper has been absolutely amazing. Both his knowledge and genuine concern are not often found in one physician. I have been seeing Dr. Cooper for 5 years and drive from the Windsor area monthly to see him I would highly recommend him to anyone with chronic head pain.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

This man is pure genius. He has not only helped me personally, but also family. He is very caring and has a very real passion to help the ill. Please read these prior reviews with a grain of salt. The delay is an example of our total healthcare situation and doctors are running thin and trying to manage as many patients as possible. Perhaps the delay is because rather than most healthcare providers, he isn't rushing through the last patient. I don't mind waiting a couple hours if it means a lifetime future of relief. This man is the best doctor in his speciality. Not just my own opinion, but also other patients I know who see him regularly.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

I would not refer my animal to see this man! He looked completely unprofessional (sloppy), definitely not what I've ever seen from any other doctor.He had me wait about 2 hrs to see him only to give me maybe 10 mins of his time.He had no idea about my neurological condition & just passed off my information I provided him because I happened to be a patient that had done my homework, which by the way I had already been diagnosed over 25 yrs ago with my condition so it's not like he had to diagnose me.When he rudely questioned me about how legit my information was, I explained it was from a world renowned institute.He fluffed it off & left the room only to come back stating he looked it up and my information was in fact legit.He then passed off all my symptoms & said he would refer me to another neurologist many hrs away which I've been waiting to see for over 2 yrs now because the first referral from his office got messed up so I had to go at the bottom of the list again.A complete joke!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I couldn't believe after spending 2 hours filling out the questionnaire that was requested of me, that I was 'assessed' in 10 minutes. I didn't have a good expereince with Mr.Cooper at all. He seemed like he was in a rush, was still chewing food when he walked into the exam room, and seemed completely out of tune with the severity of my migraines. Unless you suffer from migraines, I don't think ANYONE can grasp the pain and frustration associated with them. I read some of the comments praising his work, and perhaps this is just my perception, however, perception is everything. I was sent away with a recommedation of a drug that I was already taking, and that was that. A year waiting to see a man who is suppose to help me, confirmed that I was a migraine sufferrer in a 10 minute assessment and sent me on my way.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

BEST Doctor by far! Worth the wait...I will cotninue to recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

I waited over 1year to see Dr Cooper and it was worth it other Dr's didnt believe me that i was suffering, while Dr Cooper believed me and helped me with them..

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

I had to wait 11 months to see Dr. Paul Cooper, and it was definitely worth the wait. He is understanding, personal and extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Finally, I'm getting results with Dr. Cooper, after seeing 4 other (useless) Neurologists first!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2010

Dr. Cooper is one of the best Neurologists I have seen. He is caring and empathetic. His skills and knowledge have helped me more than any other physician. He is worth the drive from Kitchener.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

I have been seeing dr. cooper for many years. He is knowledgeable, caring,pleasant and a great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Paul Cooper's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I hate to report on my bad experience but like the other reviewers here, I did not have a good or even average appointment with Dr. Cooper and his resident doct..."

December 14, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.brixtontherapycentre.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "N5V0" to "SW9 8EN". Address has been updated from "None" to "510 Brixton Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "442077339944".

June 3, 2015