Ratings for Dr. Alan Eppel

Can't say enough about Dr Eppel and Marcia. Thank you for getting me through very toxic times in my life and finding the medications that helped me live a near-to-normal life. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

He believed that PTSD could be cured by drugs alone. He was court ordered, so I could not get away from him. He loaded me up with antidepressants. I was fighting a compensation case, which he got mixed up in. I had been fighting the case for almost ten years. Every Psychiatrist I had said I had PTSD, but him. He submitted a loosely worded report that gave the compensation board an out. The time I spent with him was not only a waste, physically, and mentally, damaging and helped to destroy my case. I should have won that case. Now I am into my old age and live on nothing. It's a miracle I survived that man. God bless him.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I was a patient for 35 years and have never found a psychiatrist that could understand and stabilize me. Many times he came to my rescue after other Dr.'s mismanaged my meds and diagnosis so badly I became psychotic. He supported my family as well when I was very ill in hospital. Always caring and dependable. I could trust him. He respected my intelligence and treated me as an equal partner in my treatment-never putting me down because I was ill. A very caring, intelligent doctor trying not to find precise medication use. Thanks to him I am alive.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

he only wants you to be on antidepressants all the time, I've seen him for years and he did not help me when I didn't want to use medication to treat my depression. He was very emotionally closed off. Hes a good doctor if you want a purely medical approach.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I've had the pleasure of knowing, both Dr Eppel and his Administration Assistant, Marcia for 14 years. Marcia's smile, always brightens my day; her prompt, professional and compassionate response to my needs has resulted in my immense trust in the mental health system.....finally after 24 years, prior to meeting both Marcia and Dr. Eppel. Dr. Eppel, has been my rock for all of these 14 years. He has been my Psychiatrist, working diligently to form the appropriate medications to move forward in managing my illness. Dr. Eppel has been my Psychologist, there for me always in various traumatic situations I have encountered. He always calls me back the same day, when I'm in need. Dr. Eppel has always treated me as an equal and worked in partnership with me to weed through my challenges. I have never experienced a Health Care Professional who cares so much. I am so thankful I have met both Marcia and Dr. Eppel. Words can never express the gratefulness and deep trust, their actions and behaviours have impacted me. Thank you both. You shall always have a large slice of my heart.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr Eppel has been extremely helpful and available when I have needed him. He possesses a lot of knowledge which is comforting as his patient.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Really nice guy. I felt like he genuinely cared, but seemed a little at a loss as to how to help me. Having said that, my issues are famously challenging to treat, and I'd say that for most issues, Dr.Eppel is very competent informed and certainly trustworthy. A good man, but not a miracle worker in my case, but they can't all be miracle workers, and I think he did his best, which is all we can ask of anyone. He was certainly very patient with me, which is greatly appreciated. He is a bit reserved, emotionally, which is perhaps as he was trained, and helpful to many, but I found it a little hard to connect with him. Again, that's not really his fault per se. I never once had an issue with Marcia, his secretary - terrific.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Saved my life when i was in crisis, saw through my defences and had tremendous clinical judgment of the dangerous situation

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

I have been treated by Dr. Eppel for ten years and he has always been kind and caring, Marcia is prompt in getting messages from me to doctor Eppel and I feel that I wouldn't be alive without him today, great doctor! would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Staff) Dr.Eppel's receptionist Marcia is not only polite and helpful but can access my file and will remember details in an instant.Punctuality) Dr.Eppel if ever late for an appointment is due to the fact that his patient may be keeping him from finishing on time and will humbly apologize for those few extra minutes. Helpfulness)Dr.Eppel has been helpful with good common sense advice to me over the course of my divorce and has provided supportive letters on my behalf throughout his therapy to me. Knowledge)Dr.Eppel I believe is not only well versed in his specialty but seems to have a broad knowledge base in his understanding of other cultures and faith systems,can relate and respond with historical facts,quote authors and isolate current social trends in a fair an unbiased manor. J.K.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010