Ratings for Dr. Peter Hughes

We just had our first visit with Dr.Hughes and we thought he was so intelligent and welcomed all our questions.He and his secretary were very friendly and helpful . There was some issues with our referral and his secretary went out of her way to make sure we had all the test results etc that we needed for our first visit.Loved the atmosphere in the office,they are a great team

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Dr.hughes is an amazingly nice ,down to earth doctor that you can approach with any concerns and questions and he will always do his best to give you excellent knowledgeable advice.His office is run efficiently and as close to your appointment time as they can. It's obvious that he cares about your child will do all things necessary to give you the best medical care he can. His secretary is always polite and very friendly, my kids love going to their appointments, she makes us laugh.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

We went to him because my daughter was coughing. Be thought it was asthma as it ran in the family. He sent us for testing & sure enough it was. He’s been excellent with us. Very punctual, great bedside manner and easy to speak to.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr. Hughes is a great doctor, however, I have tried numerous times to call the office to book and change appointments and it is next to impossible to get through to anyone. After calling 7 times over a time span of 4 months with no luck, we ended up needing a prescription renewal, to which I rec'd a voicemail stating that an appoint has been made and they will renew the prescription this one time, but if we can not make the appointment we will need a new referral. I needed to change the appointment date and the message said to call on March 5 when the office would re-open. I have called 17 times today, and keep getting a message that says "The person you are calling is not accepting calls, "

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I must first say that this review isn't regarding Dr Hughes Medical care, as I was never able to actually see him with my son. I called just over a week ago to book a circucision for my new born son, the secretary told me he was very busy and than taking holidays. She than informed me that he occasionally works through his lunch or stays later in the day to squeeze patients in and that she would talk to him and call me back. I got a phone call the next day saying he will stay later this Friday (today) to see my son, than she stressed to me not to be late because Dr Hughes was headed straight to the cottage after and told me how lucky I was that he was staying. I thanked her and booked the appointment. Today I received a phone call from his receptionist at 2:42pm stating she had called me 6-7 times today and left multiple messages asking that we come at 1:00 pm instead of 5:00 pm, and that he could no longer see my son. I have no voicemails from his office and one missed call from an unknown number at 11:53am which doesn't give us much time to get to a 1:00pm appointment as we live outside Peterborough. Now after waiting for this appointment our son will be too old to see a pediatrician now by the time he gets another appointment and now we are being refffered to a specialist. As I said I have heard great things about Dr Hughes so I really hope this is not a reflection of his professionalism.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr. Hughes is the best doctor I have seen for children. Staff at his office are super nice and friendly

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

My daughter had CSVT diagnosed at Sick Kids and they referred us to Dr Hughes for emergencies. His reception blew us off with our daughters emergency and then when he did see us all he could talk about is how he talked about our case at Queens where he was lecturing!! Stay away as his focus is not on your child!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr Hughes is a phenomenal pediatrician! I appreciate most his genuine love, respect and nurturing for our three children. We are thankful for his wisdom, his awesome staff Colleen, his guidance for our children's health issues with asthma, anxiety, autism, eczema, and a referral to the PHIT team. The kids love him - that is important to us - that mutual bond!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Told me I was faking seizures and I blame the mental illness stigma because I have some mental illnesses. He really told me that I was faking seizures.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Amazing doctor with a great sense of humour which is greatly appreciated. My son loves going to him. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016