Ratings for Dr. Peter Hughes

I must first say that this review isn't regarding Dr Hughes Medical care, as I was never able to actually see him with my son. I called just over a week ago to book a circucision for my new born son, the secretary told me he was very busy and than taking holidays. She than informed me that he occasionally works through his lunch or stays later in the day to squeeze patients in and that she would talk to him and call me back. I got a phone call the next day saying he will stay later this Friday (today) to see my son, than she stressed to me not to be late because Dr Hughes was headed straight to the cottage after and told me how lucky I was that he was staying. I thanked her and booked the appointment. Today I received a phone call from his receptionist at 2:42pm stating she had called me 6-7 times today and left multiple messages asking that we come at 1:00 pm instead of 5:00 pm, and that he could no longer see my son. I have no voicemails from his office and one missed call from an unknown number at 11:53am which doesn't give us much time to get to a 1:00pm appointment as we live outside Peterborough. Now after waiting for this appointment our son will be too old to see a pediatrician now by the time he gets another appointment and now we are being refffered to a specialist. As I said I have heard great things about Dr Hughes so I really hope this is not a reflection of his professionalism.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr. Hughes is the best doctor I have seen for children. Staff at his office are super nice and friendly

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

My daughter had CSVT diagnosed at Sick Kids and they referred us to Dr Hughes for emergencies. His reception blew us off with our daughters emergency and then when he did see us all he could talk about is how he talked about our case at Queens where he was lecturing!! Stay away as his focus is not on your child!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr Hughes is a phenomenal pediatrician! I appreciate most his genuine love, respect and nurturing for our three children. We are thankful for his wisdom, his awesome staff Colleen, his guidance for our children's health issues with asthma, anxiety, autism, eczema, and a referral to the PHIT team. The kids love him - that is important to us - that mutual bond!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Told me I was faking seizures and I blame the mental illness stigma because I have some mental illnesses. He really told me that I was faking seizures.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Amazing doctor with a great sense of humour which is greatly appreciated. My son loves going to him. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

He is fantastic at making my daughter feel at ease. Dr Hughes is a smart man and his confidence is reassuring. Thank you so much Dr Hughes!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

He was very good with our Son. He is very informative as well as his secretary.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

I was left a single mom just before my daughter with Down Syndrome was born. Dr. Hughes has made us all feel like we were always on the right track and it is heartbreaking that my daughter has grown out of his care. She is a healthy contributing community member with much credit due to the good Doctor Hughes.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I could not ask for a better Doctor for my Children. Doctor Hughes saved my oldest Daughters life when she was born 2 and a half months early. He stayed by her side until she was transferred to a level 3 nicu. He stayed even when his on call was over. He is our hero! Thanks to him my oldest is healthy today.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015