Ratings for Dr. Stephen Reed

Dr. Reed has been my orthopaedic surgeon for many years. I have had numerous surgical procedures 2 knee replacements, 1 hip replacement and 1 shoulder replacement. I have found him to be a very caring and compassionate surgeon who takes pride in his work and follows up with his patients even when they have been discharged from hospital. He is known to call his patients after surgery to let them know how it went and what follow-up is required. The office administrator, Karen is a very professional and caring person who takes the time to explain all surgical procedures and appointments. I am sad to see that she has retired from the office after many years.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I recently had rotator cuff surgery performed by this extremely competent orthopaedic surgeon. It is only one week post-op and already I feel better than I have felt in months. Thank you Dr. Reed for your care and also thanks to Karen (office administrator) for all your help !

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Dr Reed is simply the best. Two chronic exertional compartment syndrome surgeries and medial tibial stress syndrome; once on the right and once on the left. Both times went extremely well. He really cares about his patients. Lots of follow up to ensure everything was healing well and took lots of time with me to answer any questions I had. Would recommend to everyone, plus the new hospital he works at is awesome. -Amber L

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr. Reed are amazing Doctor In Toronto he did my knee surgery and it heeled fast I see him every year for follow-up. He is the best Doctor and his team are amazing too.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Reed is a terrific surgeon. He is very knowledgeable about how surgery affects the specific sports you participate in and how best to approach rehab. I had a great experience under his care.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr Reed was excellent in assisting my recovery and was genuinely a nice guy! It's been 7 months since I tore my acl and mensicus

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Reed and his team are amazing. They are a considerate and compassionate team that truly care about their patients. After getting the run around from other doctors for nearly a year, my referral to Dr. Reed was life changing! I was scheduled for my procedure promptly and found his assistant to be professional and helpful. I felt well prepared for my surgery and recovery time. Dr. Reed's 'handiwork' is amazing - tiny, tiny stitches that left minimal scarring on both my legs. My post-operative care was also excellent. I felt encouraged and supported by Dr. Reed and the Humber River physiotherapy staff. My recovery has gone smoothly and my quality of life has increased dramatically since my surgery with Dr. Reed.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Reed has helped me repair my knee, my ligaments and re-align my leg- a process that took several surgeries and a manipulation. He is a wonderful surgeon, very knowledgeable and has great bedside manners. I am no longer in Ontario, but if I ever need more work done, I would definitely speak to Dr. Reed first. It is because of his expertise that I am able to walk again. For those who say he is rude- he is definitely not- he has a great sense of humor and is very professional.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

WRT "Unfortunately his lack of expertise will not be discovered until after his patients are left not only without any improvement but in far worse pain than before and in a few incidents reported, in terrible pain where there was none before. " Not a chance and it sounds like whoever wrote that maybe has a personal problem (just saying), Dr Reed was excellent!!. I don't need to get into a long story (he fixed my elbow)about my time there but I work for the Canadian Gov and was referred to DR. Reed. I can’t say enough good things about him. A+++ BOOOM! (mic drop.)

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Dr. Reed is an outstanding surgent who truly excels at his profession. He is caring, knowledgeable and sympathetic towards his patients. His charismatic staff makes you feel welcomed and comfortable. I under went knee surgery through Dr. Reed and he made me feel confident and optimistic in regard to my operation and recovery. I am now fully recovered and feel great, other professionals who see the operation incision scaring say it appears clean, precise and looks like the doctor truly put care into the operation. I highly recommend Dr. Reed he is prompt, inteligent and dedicated to his profession and his professionalism is unmatched.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015