Ratings for Dr. Vivian Ang

I've been Dr. Ang's patient for over 20 years. She took care of me from the time I was a teenager until now and is the doctor for all 3 of my kids. Sometimes you wait a long time in the office and sometimes you don't. All good doctors get behind because they take time with their patients and don't rush them which is why she likely gets behind. There's no way to tell when booking how complicated something will be and how long it will take. This office will see their own patients if there's an urgent issue on a walk in basis which I appreciate as a patient very much but yes it means that they are going to get behind and they have signs all over explaining that. I have found Dr. Ang to be a good listener, careful, thorough and kind. She even called me about something once herself and didn't have staff call. If you pay attention in the waiting room you can tell that there a lot of older, sicker, more complicated people in the practice ---those patients take time. People need to give Dr. Ang a break --she's a great doc and I'm glad I have her. And yes currently they are closed Tuesday but they are open Sat am which is really nice for a lot of patients including myself who works full-time and has a hard time getting time off even to go to a doctor. My only complaint about the office is the front staff who used to never pick up the phone or it was constantly busy and they were really kind of hopeless with booking appointments however in the past 8 months that I've been there there's been a new secretary who is a HUGE improvement. She answers the phone and she's very nice. I hope she stays--unfortunately one of the old ones is still there but it's better than before. Bottom line I think a lot of comments about Dr. Ang are unfair. She's a good doctor, careful and conscientious and kind. Thank-you for all your care over the years.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

Double booking is common at Dr. Ang's clinic. For the past 5 times I've seen her this year, wait times are approaching 3 hours, regardless if you have an appointment or not. The wait time for a physical is 10 months. As well, you cannot see her more than once in a day. So, if you had a test and forgot to ask something, you'll have to wait for another day (take another sick day) to speak to her. Closed Tuesdays. Staff are generally nice and caring and attend to you within 5 minutes of arrival. However, their double booking practice and charging outrageous fees for uninsured services ($20 for a sick note, $75 for any other note) is outrageous. As well, the new staff aren't aware of the "norms" in the clinic, such as telling a walk in patient vs. her patient. Finally, quite often they ignore the phone if someone calls, or the phone is busy. Dr. Ang herself is an intelligent and logical doctor. The only complaint is that I've never seen her smile. I hope she is a doctor because she genuinely likes to help others and not because of the $360,000 level 5 salary she is entitled to via the Ontario College of MDs. In summary, I trust Dr. Ang, but the wait times and odd staff practices outweigh the benefits of seeing her.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr. Ang has been my doctor for many years and she is an excellent doctor. She is very intelligent, knowledgeable and competent. I trust her with all of my health issues.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

My family has been seeing Dr. Ang and/or Dr. Chan for many years. Though it is true that the wait times can be very long, it is not always the case. I always feel listened to and Dr. Ang always shares many sides to each recommendation. Her follow-up is excellent and she is has always been kind to my son. I am supportive of Dr. Ang!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

I used to go to this clinic and they had very good doctors. Dr. Dana Kan was very good. Gone. There was another one can't remember her name it's been a long time. Gone. Then they had this male Dr. who gave me the creeps. Eventually there was Dr. Ang and her husband Dr. Chan left. I would go in and waiting four to six hours was the norm in her office. Yes she would check her medical book when looking for Scripts. Then one day I went in and I had enough. I waited for one and half hours to even speak to a receptionist because they had ordered take out and they all went downstairs to eat while the waiting room became standing room only and the patients that were already in the rooms waited. Only to wait for another hour or more wait. After thatI started looking for a new Dr.found a great one. I also ran to one of the doctors that used to work there&told me they didn't want them there because patients wanted to see them instead so she got rid of them. Chan is nice but can't deal with the wait

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Used to go to her clinic, thank god found other doctor. The wait times even with an appt were inexcusable - it was always several hours. Staff were incompetent, from the receptionists to the nurses and clinical assistants. No one ever answered the phone. If you can find another doctor/clinic, you should take your health care issues elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

My problem with this clinic primarily is the difficulty in getting in touch with them by phone. I have been trying for 4 hours to get through and no one will pick up the phone. They need to improve this asap. Pick up the phone and place person on hold if necessary.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

Dr. Ang is my family doctor. I agree that she can be curt, but that's not a bad thing in my opinion. She's very straight forward; I guess people have a problem with that. But I appreciate having her as my doctor, as she went out of her way to call a clinic where I had my xrays done to make sure they send my xrays over to her clinic asap; also when TPH was giving me a runaround and making me undergo the same exams, Dr. Ang gave them a call, explained why I need not do the said exams again, which helped a lot in expiditing my immigration process. Thank you, Dr. Ang!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2009

She is definitely Curt to put it nicely, and she is solely about getting "paid" not about patient care. The entire clinic is run very inefficiently and the staff are just as rude as the doctors. If you have 3 hours to wait around to see a doctor you might as well just go to a hospital emergency because you'll get better care and service. She is also not keeping her knowledge base up to date and needs to look up absolutely everything. She will give you the most basic treatments a keep you coming back for check up after check up until you demand to see a specialist. I do not recommend going to her for even the simplest of problems.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

During my visits with Dr. Ang she has always been late to see me and in a terrible rush to get me out the door. After having health problems I soon realized that she was not up-to-date with reviewing her patient test reports as she seemed to have missed a vital abnormal test result. Since that time I lost trust in her and only used her as a gateway to taking care of my own health as I cannot write my own prescriptions or referrals. The scheduling in the office is another issue on its own as they leave no room for emergency appointments. Overall, this physician and her office do not practice with a patient centered care approach, something that is vital in a family medicine practice with today's health care system.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009