Ratings for Dr. Paul Whidden

Dr. Whidden did a tummy tuck on me about 9 years ago. It was amazing! I've seen many tummy tuck pictures online and on TV but I have never seen one that looked as good as mine. Right after surgery the scar looked so good. So thankful he was my surgeon. I'm 58 and can wear a bikini!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr.Whidden is phenomenal. He takes the time to answer questions, every single one. He is straight with you can explains his approach and his recommendations beautifully. I had a BA and he suggested a size larger than I intended, but I had heard everyone wishes they went a little bigger, so I went with it. He explained his reasons for choosing the size he thought was best, walked me through the procedure, and spoke to me like an equal. My recovery was amazing, I had very little pain and was thrilled with how thorough they are on follow ups. Highly recommend him to anyone looking for any cosmetic procedure!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr. Whidden is fantastic. I had a rhinoplasty and breast augmentation done together in September. I realistically only spent about 15 minutes talking to him before I had the actual surgery done but, for some reason, I trusted him from the second I met him. I nervous going into the consult and I came out very confident about the surgery. He took all the time needed to answer any questions I had and also gave me his input about what he thinks needed to be done, based on the results I was looking for. Some people have written reviews about his "lack of bedside manner", Dr. Whidden comes off very laid back and confident in his abilities, which he should be. My results were amazing and I am so happy with the whole experience. The staff at Macleod Trail Plastic Surgery were also fantastic, I cant say enough good things about them.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I did a lot of research before going ahead with my breast augmentation. I contacted different surgeons in Calgary and one in Banff. I also contacted other women online that had breast augmentation surgeries that had left reviews on other websites to get further insight as some reviews you can't trust as people can very negative or one sided on their reviews. The Whidden name is known in Calgary as being great surgeons. The feeling that I got from the consultation and how Dr. Whidden conducts his consultations I knew he was the right choice and I felt extremely comfortable. Not all doctors do consultations the same way and will do a group consultation which to me is so impersonable for a serious surgery like a breast augmentation. I will note that Dr. Whidden is a doctor and not a nurse, he is there to provide his expert opinion, he's not a nurse so he won't give you the feeling that he's there to hold your hand through the decision to get a breast augmentation. He did advise of the largest size of implant he would insert for myself and my body size/shape and said if I wanted to have a bigger implant that he would not do it and I would have to go somewhere else and see another doctor. I really respected him for saying that and felt his opinion was in my best interest and he was not performing the surgery just for the money. The office environment and staff are extremely professional. I would without a doubt recommend Dr. Whidden for anyone interested in breast augmentation.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I had a BA done by Dr. Whidden a year ago and couldn't been more satisfy with the results! They look really natural(this was important to me). I love the size and shape. My experiance is that Dr, Whidden is a brilliant surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone. It's also a big pluss that he has such a great team. Venessa and the administrative staff are doing a really great job. You always feel welcome to the the clinic!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

I had a BA in July with Dr Whidden, and I would recommend him to anyone. He was great, I found him to be very approachable, warm, and very supportive. I wanted very small implants, so that is why I chose him, as he is known to be conservative. I was from out of town, so I was not able to come in to do more sizing consults, but he called me twice to discuss sizing. He had suggested a size that was 25 cc more than I went with, as I wanted to be very conservative. He was very open to working with me to find something I would be comfortable with. I wish I had trusted him, as he was right, and the size he suggested would have been perfect (that being said I love, love the breasts I have!!). You are in good hands with him, trust his knowledge. His staff is great. I found his booking lady, Dalyce, condescending and pushy, but I think that is just her personality, so don't let that scare you off, as it sure did rub me the wrong way.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I just had a breast augmentation completed last Wednesday. I have had a great experience and am really looking to see the finished result after it's settled. I came to dr whidden by referral from a very picky lady that had hers done a few years ago. She has been so very thrilled and vocal about her experience that it helped me to make the decision. After meeting with him, he didn't give me options on size which at first I was unsure of and he pushed me to go a bit larger than what I would have originally thought. He was right though, if I would've went smaller I would have been disappointed and now that they are in, they are very proportioned to my body. I really appreciate his strong knowledge and confidence. He definitely knows what he is doing and I have had a very good experience.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

8 days Post Full Tummy Tuck and Beast Augmentation. I read through reviews before choosing a surgeon, and I feel I found the best. Dr. Whidden and his staff are Amazing people. They love their job and you can tell. They ALL make you feel very comfortable and at ease. I am very pleased with the job that was done on me. Dr. Whidden takes pride in his work, and I am looking forward to see the end results. So far looking pretty amazing. :-) I would DEFINITELY recommend Dr. Whidden. Everything about this experience was just RIGHT. Thank you to all who have their place in Dr. Whidden's business, I felt most at ease.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I had my BA done 2 weeks ago with Dr. Whidden. I don't even know where to start. He was amazing. His staff was amazing.. Trista, Brooke, Nurse Vanessa, Dalyce were all extremely helpful every time I spoke with any of them on the phone or in the office. From my consult to my first post-op appointment I felt like family. Dr. Whidden told me not to go any smaller or any bigger than 2 different sizes I had tried on. After my first consult, I was having second thoughts about my size that I had initially chosen (thought I was going TOO big). Trista was awesome at my re-sizing appointment and reassured me that Dr. Whidden would never suggest a size that's too big for me. I have a wider chest then most women (I am 13.5'', average women is about 12-12.5''), which is why I had to go bigger (560 cc) to fill in the width as well as the projection of my new breasts. I am 5'4; 125 lbs. He was right on the money with my sizing. I'm happy I decided to stay with the bigger size :) I had previously had a consult with another well-known surgeon in Lethbridge before seeing Dr. Whidden. The comparison was apples to oranges. Dr. Whidden gave me so much more information about sizing, procedures, recovery etc, not to mention I waited 8 months for a consult with the Lethbridge doctor and then once I finally got there, waited for over an hour in the consultation room in for the doctor to show up.. The doctor in Lethbridge didn't even take my chest width into consideration and had me sized at 375-400 CC. That would have been a huge mistake and I would not have been happy with my result; seeing how my 560's will be perfect once the swelling goes down and they drop... Dr. Whidden is an expert and it shows once he starts talking and answering any questions you have. He always made me feel comfortable, never seemed rushed at all; at the consult or the post-op appointment. Dr. Patel (anesthetist) was great as well.. We were joking around and talking about his career, when he plans on retiring and such while hes trying to relax me for the IV before my surgery. Just a little poke here, and a oxygen mask there, and before I knew it I was awake in recovery. Everything went so great. Dr. Whidden was in to see me shortly after I woke up in my recovery bed. He told me everything went great and asked me how I was doing and feeling. He is such a nice man.... I have no idea how anyone can think he's rude with no bedside manner.. That just blows my mind. My recovery has been amazing. No issues at all.. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him and his team!! I'm happy I spent the extra money to stay in Calgary!! I was super excited to write this review because I feel THAT passionate about the service and kindness I received while making the biggest decision of my life. No regrets at all :)

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Had BA recently. Overall it was ok, he seemed rushed at the consult/post op, almost annoyed?? surgery was a assembly line, one after the other. The nurses and reception was helpful, very nice/no problems, very informative. However there was a recovery nurse?? She was rude and she wasn't helpful, I had asked many questions and she sounded as though I was bothering her?? here's my money and get out was my experience; my husband even noticed. The anesthetist was great-answered questions no problems. No offence to Dr whidden I did trust him and if I get a fabulous result I'm ok with there personal demeanour towards me. I may have caught them on a bad day, we all have those...

Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Paul Whidden's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Paul Whidden is a board certified Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon through the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada at Macleod Trail Plastic Surgery. He specializes in procedures for the face, body and breasts including rhinoplasty, tummy tuck surgery and breast augmentation. Please visit his website for more detailed information.

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 1995)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Whidden did a tummy tuck on me about 9 years ago. It was amazing! I've seen many tummy tuck pictures online and on TV but I have never seen one that looke..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Whidden is phenomenal. He takes the time to answer questions, every single one. He is straight with you can explains his approach and his recommendations bea..."

February 2, 2016
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.macleodtrailplasticsurgery.ca/meet-our-team/our-surgeons/paul-whidden-bsc-md-frcsc/" to "http://www.macleodtrailplasticsurgery.ca/about-us/our-surgeons/dr-whidden".

December 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Whidden is fantastic. I had a rhinoplasty and breast augmentation done together in September. I realistically only spent about 15 minutes talking to him bef..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I did a lot of research before going ahead with my breast augmentation. I contacted different surgeons in Calgary and one in Banff. I also contacted other women..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a BA done by Dr. Whidden a year ago and couldn't been more satisfy with the results! They look really natural(this was important to me). I love the size a..."

November 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a BA in July with Dr Whidden, and I would recommend him to anyone. He was great, I found him to be very approachable, warm, and very supportive. I wante..."

October 14, 2015
  • Phone Number has been updated from "14034527953" to "(403) 228-2684".

September 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just had a breast augmentation completed last Wednesday. I have had a great experience and am really looking to see the finished result after it's settled. ..."

June 23, 2015
  • Suite has been updated from "None" to "null".

June 12, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.macleodtrailplasticsurgery.ca/meet-our-team/our-surgeons/paul-whidden-bsc-md-frcsc" to "http://www.macleodtrailplasticsurgery.ca/meet-our-team/our-surgeons/paul-whidden-bsc-md-frcsc/".

June 11, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.macleodtrailplasticsurgery.ca/meet-our-team/our-surgeons/paul-whidden-bsc-md-frcsc". Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2H 0L8". Address has been updated from "None" to "7425 Macleod Trail Southwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14034527953".

June 3, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.macleodtrailplasticsurgery.ca" to "http://www.macleodtrailplasticsurgery.ca/meet-our-team/our-surgeons/paul-whidden-bsc-md-frcsc". Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2H 0L8". Address has been updated from "None" to "7425 Macleod Trail Southwest". Phone Number has been updated from "(403) 452-7953" to "14034527953".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "8 days Post Full Tummy Tuck and Beast Augmentation. I read through reviews before choosing a surgeon, and I feel I found the best. Dr. Whidden and his staff ..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my BA done 2 weeks ago with Dr. Whidden. I don't even know where to start. He was amazing. His staff was amazing.. Trista, Brooke, Nurse Vanessa, Dalyce w..."

April 30, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.whidden.ca" to "http://www.macleodtrailplasticsurgery.ca". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "(403) 452-7953".

April 27, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Had BA recently. Overall it was ok, he seemed rushed at the consult/post op, almost annoyed?? surgery was a assembly line, one after the other. The nurses and r..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Great results but lacking on his bedside manner. His support staff make up where he is lacking "

April 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had breast augmentation In Dec. 2014, and I have to say Dr. Whidden and his staff are absolutely amazing! I had the best possible experience I could ..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had Breast Augmentation with Dr. Whidden in November 2014. I could not be more pleased with the results. I came from our of town and his staff were overly acc..."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a full tummy tuck including muscle repair. I also had a very large, bumpy, thick and ugly scar on my upper abdomen from a previous surgery. I am three w..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Whidden and his staff. From the very first phone call, to my 1 year follow up today for breast augmentation, they..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a breast augmentation done by Dr Whidden a week ago. I have never been so satisfied with any other investment - apart from my education/career path. Even ..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had my consult with Dr. Whidden for my BA, I've wait 2 hrs cause he was busy. He's very arrogant, i felt so in rush, and not helpful at all.. i don't recomman..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my consult with Dr. Whidden this morning for a BA. Him and his staff were great, I didn't feel rushed, he was friendly, efficient and let me ask all of th..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "i had a consultation yesterday, very disappointed. he was in rush, and doesn't listen to what i want, i will never deal with him again"

February 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "worst doc ever... rude stuff, zero bedside manner, and the before/after looks the same"

February 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "worst doctor ever.... he does not know what he's know what he's doing, i am sure he/his stuff are writing these positive comments in their lunch hour lol!"

February 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Whidden and his staff at MacLeod Trail Plastic Surgery. First off the staff were super friendly and helpful. Before..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "i had consultation with Dr. Whidden last month. i came in, fill out some papers, my appointment was at 10:00 am, i wait the Dr till 11:15 am, he came in saying ..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had Breast Reduction Surgery November 2014. I am so pleased with the results. I was treated very well by Dr Whidden from the very beginning ( consult right th..."

January 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but good things to say about Dr Whidden and all of his staff . If you want sugery book your appointment"

January 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This review is not just for Dr. Whidden but also the staff at MacLeod Trail Plastic Surgery (MTPS) who helped me before and during my breast augmentation (BA) p..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "im 2 weeks post op for breast augmentation and I am very pleased. The entire experience was great and I always felt comfortable. Dr. Whidden is very professiona..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but fantastic reviews for Dr Whidden and his staff. Brooke at the front desk, Vanessa his nurse and Dr Whidden are all very friendly and caring. ..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you are looking for the right plastic surgeon for breast augmentaion. Stop here!!! Your search is over!! Right from the beginning I have never felt so cared..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "6 weeks post-op Breast Augmentation / Tummy Tuck combo. FEELING GREAT!!!!! From the moment I met Dr. Whidden and his staff, I was quite confident I had made the..."

December 9, 2014

December 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 1 week post op from my Breast augmentation with Dr. Whidden. He and his staff are so helpful and caring. I would recommend Dr. Whidden to ANYONE consider..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've seen Dr. Whidden several times in the space of 10+ years, so this review is long overdue. My interactions with him are slightly complicated by a very stupi..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Where to begin...If you are reading this because you are looking for a surgeon to do some work on you than you have come to the right place! I had my abdominopl..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Incredible! Book a consultation, and you'll see for yourself. Awesome awesome staff all around. Squeaky clean office from top to bottom, and amazing results. D..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After consulting 3 surgeons, I chose to go with Dr. Whiddon. He was very thorough and was able to clearly explain what he felt would work best to achieve the re..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Last week I went through with a breast augmentation. I found Dr. Whidden extremely professional and knowledgeable. He took his time explaining the procedure. ..."

September 16, 2014