Ratings for Dr. Maged Bakhet

Today was my first appointment with Dr. Bhaket and he was wonderful, He was easy to talk to, was extremely knowledgeable and answered any questions I had. My situation is somewhat unusual and he thoroughly explained all of the options available to me. I left his office feeling very well cared for. Christy at the front desk is also very thorough and lovely to deal with.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

I'm pregnant and I was referrred to Dr Bahket by my family doctor. The receptionist did not call to remind me of my appointment. She messed up my 1st schedule and is not very helpful with some requests. I have to wait almost 1.5 hours at least to see the doctor and when I finally see the doctor, he is always in a rush. He did not even explain my tests and stuff he is doing. As a 1st time mom, I need some assurance and information which I don't get from this clinic and doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I needed to see Gynecologist due to a uterine prolapse , Dr. Bahket was very kind , but very rough during exam , then to top it off after thinking the exam was done , and bearing through the pain , he then said oh I forgot to do the pap test . I was then put through the whole terrible discomfort once again . After leaving I had difficulty sitting or bending ect. I have never experienced this kind of pain with any other Drs . I have now been referred to new Dr. hope this one works out !

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I was sent to see Dr. Bakhet after my gp suspected cysts. I have had a horrible experience with new Dr's and was nervous to yet again have a new Dr. But what an amazing experience. His staff is so nice and helpful. While dealing with my cyst issues, I became pregnant and Dr. Bakhet is continuing my care knowing it will be high risk. I tend to get very nervous and think the worst, he has been very calm and kind, he explains things so eloquently that it puts this hypochondriac at ease. He has not sugar-coated anything and has made me well aware of my risks, his delivery of his explanations and his assurance of constant care to keep an eye on things has made this a pleasant experience so far. If my pregnancy continues, I have no doubt I am in the right hands, if it does not I know it will be tough to say the least, but I take comfort in knowing I won't have to deal with a horrible Dr. I have been nothing short of impressed with his bedside manner. His staff is helpful and accommodating.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Waited 1 hour. Told I would have to wait another hour! On top of this, you have to pay for parking. I don't mind paying for parking, however I do mind paying for additional parking because the office can't get its act together or worse, because the doctor is so greedy he needs to keep a steady stream of patients regardless of the wait times. I left without seeing the doctor and as it was a follow-up appointment asked to have the report sent to my family doctor where I don't have to wait 2 hours or pay for parking. Next time, I'll ask for a doctor a specialist in downtown Vancouver - better knowledge, service, and wait times....

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

The first time I saw Dr. Bakhet was to remove my IUD. I had such a good experience with him that I decided when I got pregnant that I would return to see him again instead of the 2 month waiting list to see Dr Huckell (whom was my previous OB). He is such a good doctor and his staff I love them! They are so supportive and will help you with whatever you need. Probably the only problem I had was when I tried to explain to Dr Bakhet that I needed to be scheduled earlier for my csection then he anticipated. I had been 2 weeks early on each and every single one of my pregnancies. This time around I actually had the baby on the exact day I said I would. Which I had at 37 weeks and 5 days. Luckily for me he was working that day at the hospital when I went into labor. I will be seeing him again for this pregnancy as well. Hopefully he now knows from experience I know what I am talking about when it comes to my body and my baby!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

I was made to deliver my baby through instrument intervention-forceps delivery. I had to undergo an episiotomy because of this. This Dr. didn't suture me well and in a few days the sutures came undone and my wound was exposed, got infected. Now I have a gaping episiotomy wound that will take months to heal and I'm on antibiotics and painkillers. The worst is not being able to comfortably take care of my baby. Drs like him don't deserve to stay at any hospital. If you can't manage medical emergencies well, then you might as well give up on practising medicine. Such a shame!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Had to have an emergency surgery last night as I had experienced complications during a leep procedure at the vancouver general women's hospital. Dr bakhet knew I didn't want surgery but he advised myself it was in my best interest to do so.. but he still tried to contain my bleeding before doing the surgery. The whole surgery was maybe half an hour and it was great.. Surrey memorial er could have been properly supplied and I probably wouldn't have needed the surgery. Dr bakhet himself was great and told my parents that he would suture me instead of coterizing.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Staff is ZERO Puncuality ZERO Knowledge ZERO. HE NEWER shows up on time and most of the time he is out of the office . if you have an aappointment you have to wait wait atleast for 1 hour or more.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Bakhet by the Emergency doctor after my miscarriage. The office fit me in the next day. I did have to wait 75 minutes but I was just happy to be seen. For those who complain about the wait time keep in mind that he is accommodating urgent and last minute emergencies that come up and have a heart for some of the difficult situations some in the waiting room are facing. My husband and I found him kind, compassionate, reassuring and comforting. He took the time with us and even in my follow up appointment and ultrasound with him a week later he never acted rushed and answered all our questions. I am surprised by some of the negative reviews which I feel completely describes another doctor than the one I met. I felt completely looked after and in good hands. I can't thank him enough for helping me during a terrible time.

Submitted April 6, 2015