You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Maged Bakhet

I was sent to see Dr. Bakhet after my gp suspected cysts. I have had a horrible experience with new Dr's and was nervous to yet again have a new Dr. But what an amazing experience. His staff is so nice and helpful. While dealing with my cyst issues, I became pregnant and Dr. Bakhet is continuing my care knowing it will be high risk. I tend to get very nervous and think the worst, he has been very calm and kind, he explains things so eloquently that it puts this hypochondriac at ease. He has not sugar-coated anything and has made me well aware of my risks, his delivery of his explanations and his assurance of constant care to keep an eye on things has made this a pleasant experience so far. If my pregnancy continues, I have no doubt I am in the right hands, if it does not I know it will be tough to say the least, but I take comfort in knowing I won't have to deal with a horrible Dr. I have been nothing short of impressed with his bedside manner. His staff is helpful and accommodating.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Waited 1 hour. Told I would have to wait another hour! On top of this, you have to pay for parking. I don't mind paying for parking, however I do mind paying for additional parking because the office can't get its act together or worse, because the doctor is so greedy he needs to keep a steady stream of patients regardless of the wait times. I left without seeing the doctor and as it was a follow-up appointment asked to have the report sent to my family doctor where I don't have to wait 2 hours or pay for parking. Next time, I'll ask for a doctor a specialist in downtown Vancouver - better knowledge, service, and wait times....

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

The first time I saw Dr. Bakhet was to remove my IUD. I had such a good experience with him that I decided when I got pregnant that I would return to see him again instead of the 2 month waiting list to see Dr Huckell (whom was my previous OB). He is such a good doctor and his staff I love them! They are so supportive and will help you with whatever you need. Probably the only problem I had was when I tried to explain to Dr Bakhet that I needed to be scheduled earlier for my csection then he anticipated. I had been 2 weeks early on each and every single one of my pregnancies. This time around I actually had the baby on the exact day I said I would. Which I had at 37 weeks and 5 days. Luckily for me he was working that day at the hospital when I went into labor. I will be seeing him again for this pregnancy as well. Hopefully he now knows from experience I know what I am talking about when it comes to my body and my baby!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

I was made to deliver my baby through instrument intervention-forceps delivery. I had to undergo an episiotomy because of this. This Dr. didn't suture me well and in a few days the sutures came undone and my wound was exposed, got infected. Now I have a gaping episiotomy wound that will take months to heal and I'm on antibiotics and painkillers. The worst is not being able to comfortably take care of my baby. Drs like him don't deserve to stay at any hospital. If you can't manage medical emergencies well, then you might as well give up on practising medicine. Such a shame!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Had to have an emergency surgery last night as I had experienced complications during a leep procedure at the vancouver general women's hospital. Dr bakhet knew I didn't want surgery but he advised myself it was in my best interest to do so.. but he still tried to contain my bleeding before doing the surgery. The whole surgery was maybe half an hour and it was great.. Surrey memorial er could have been properly supplied and I probably wouldn't have needed the surgery. Dr bakhet himself was great and told my parents that he would suture me instead of coterizing.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Staff is ZERO Puncuality ZERO Knowledge ZERO. HE NEWER shows up on time and most of the time he is out of the office . if you have an aappointment you have to wait wait atleast for 1 hour or more.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Bakhet by the Emergency doctor after my miscarriage. The office fit me in the next day. I did have to wait 75 minutes but I was just happy to be seen. For those who complain about the wait time keep in mind that he is accommodating urgent and last minute emergencies that come up and have a heart for some of the difficult situations some in the waiting room are facing. My husband and I found him kind, compassionate, reassuring and comforting. He took the time with us and even in my follow up appointment and ultrasound with him a week later he never acted rushed and answered all our questions. I am surprised by some of the negative reviews which I feel completely describes another doctor than the one I met. I felt completely looked after and in good hands. I can't thank him enough for helping me during a terrible time.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Cannot say enough horrible things about this man. Gives out false, or vague information, I ended up in the hospital for days after what should have been a very routine surgery. Would never, ever see him again. Almost traumatized me out of having more children!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Be VERY careful of having any surgery by this doctor. He misdiagnosed my mom and went on to do a surgery on her. She became septic (infection spread) and had to go to the ER multiple times until another specialist finally diagnosed the problem. He did another surgery and did half the job!! My mom was in and out of the hospital and when we went back to a f/u appointment at his office, he was neglectful, did not acknowledge his mistakes, told us we didn't know what we were talking about. Would not recommend going to him.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Bakhet since week 34 and he has always been attentive, concerned, cautious and very reassuring. I've had some unexpected complications with my blood pressure and he has been very quick to ensure we keep tabs on everything. My appointments always take a long time but I think it is because he only works a few days a week at the clinic I see him at and he has so many patients to see. I've never been to a doctor where I didn't have to wait for ages to see them. He takes time with his patients and makes sure all their questions are answered.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Maged Bakhet's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to see Dr. Bakhet after my gp suspected cysts. I have had a horrible experience with new Dr's and was nervous to yet again have a new Dr. But what an..."

December 17, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Waited 1 hour. Told I would have to wait another hour! On top of this, you have to pay for parking. I don't mind paying for parking, however I do mind paying fo..."

October 9, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "The first time I saw Dr. Bakhet was to remove my IUD. I had such a good experience with him that I decided when I got pregnant that I would return to see him ag..."

August 17, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I was made to deliver my baby through instrument intervention-forceps delivery. I had to undergo an episiotomy because of this. This Dr. didn't suture me well a..."

June 13, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Had to have an emergency surgery last night as I had experienced complications during a leep procedure at the vancouver general women's hospital. Dr bakhet knew..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Staff is ZERO Puncuality ZERO Knowledge ZERO. HE NEWER shows up on time and most of the time he is out of the office . if you have an aappointment you have to w..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Bakhet by the Emergency doctor after my miscarriage. The office fit me in the next day. I did have to wait 75 minutes but I was just hap..."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Cannot say enough horrible things about this man. Gives out false, or vague information, I ended up in the hospital for days after what should have been a very ..."

February 6, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Be VERY careful of having any surgery by this doctor. He misdiagnosed my mom and went on to do a surgery on her. She became septic (infection spread) and had to..."

January 17, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing Dr. Bakhet since week 34 and he has always been attentive, concerned, cautious and very reassuring. I've had some unexpected complications wit..."

September 29, 2014