Ratings for Dr. Paul Walfish

This man was horrible to work for! Very phoney and plays you like a fiddle till he’s tired of looking at you and then gets the Human Resources manager to give you your walking papers! I went to work for this man in April of 2016 through an agency and by July he was singing my praises and wanting to buy me out through the agency and hire me though Mount Sinai. He did nothing but bad mouth the staff I was just meeting when I came to work there in April. Then went on to offer that “bad staff member” a job within the hospital itself and take her off her agency contract. I was very confused. I continued to work for him after he fired her for no reason. Red flags began to rise. I worked my butt off running his clinic and refused to get intimidated but to keep my head down and get the job done. He praised me and said it was a privilege to work with me all while smack talking me in the exam rooms to his patients, having a silent agreement with the head of Human Resources, and the clinic unit manager and then hiring an old, overweight, ex hospital employeee/ex patient to also come and work in the clinic. The moment she arrived she was bad talking me to him and vice versa and already concocting a silent agreement to phase me out like the last secretary. Even though I was dancing in circles around this new secretary and I HAD TO TRAIN HER! He seemed to see more value In her then me. Anyone that knows this man knows that he’s seasonal with all his secretaries or they quit because he’s a miserable pompous old man. He is god awful to his patients, zero bedside manner, perverted, and truly is a coward in every sense of the word. I was devastated to be fired for no reason other then standing up for myself and my work ethic but, when I look back now it taught me major lessons and I learned a lot about myself and other people. He may be one of the oldest in the game but, do yourself a favour and go to someone with some compassion about what they are doing, not an old coot that doesn’t give a rats butt over his patients or his secretaries that work painstakingly for him. Worst working experience of my career! 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Dr. Walfish is the best and we are all lucky to have him. He is very thorough and would point out to you what you need to do to assist with your health. Most importantly, he cares about the wellbeing of his patients and takes the necessary steps and procedures to improve your health conditions. I rather have someone who takes an interest in my health.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

This dr should have retired years ago. Old school manners, old school treatment, old school drugs. Didn't acknowledge my wife and I were even in the room, no eye contact. Wrote a prescription for a medication that has serious side effects and already taken off the market in the united states. Doesn't let you speak or cares or thinks that anything you might have to say about your symptoms might be important. Ordered massive dose of radioactive iodine to kill thyroid. It might have been the right dose for a 400 pound patient, but I am only 180. No chance that you would become euthyroid and still retain some thyroid function. Once you kill the entire thyroid, you be come hypothyroid and a whole lifetime of thyroid medication. I would not recommend him to anyone. Do your research, everyone deserves to be treated with respect. There are different treatments for hyperthyroid patients. In Europe, they do not kill patients thyroid at all and don't use radioactive iodine. This is just an assemblyline of killing thyroids completely and condemning thyroid patients to a lifetime of hypothyroidism. Do your research.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I have experienced a great many doctors in my life and no one has left a bad enough impression that I felt the need to rate them. Until now. I've had to wait over 90 minutes every visit before going in for Step 1 (medical student taking your details) and once after meeting with one of his residents, got to sit there as he yelled/argued with them about my case as if I wasn't there...when he finally came in to see me (follow up after a partial thyroidectomy where cancer was found). He cut me off each time I tried to say anything or ask anything, called me fat (which seems to be a pattern based on other comments) and ignored me when I tried to explain some of the recent health challenges I have that have led to weight gain (PCOS, arthritis in my spine, abdominal cyst), then handed me a generic pamphlet on diet and said it would all be fine if I just lost weight. When I tried to ask questions (I also have Crohn's and couldn't eat most of what was on the pamphlet), he walked out. Have never cried after meeting with any doctor, but I was in tears - mostly of frustration. I have no doubt that he's a well-respected specialist in the field but would not recommend to anyone who needs more than a generic, one-size-fits-all approach.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I LOVE , LOVE Dr. Walfish. He gave me back my life! I was diagnose with Grave's diseases. I went down a dark horrible place and Dr. Walfish pulled me out of it! He is the best, he is brilliant!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Put me on too high of medication which caused me to have panic attacks

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I have never had a worst experience with a doctor. He literally walked into the room, spoke ill of his staff, told me I have PCOS, didn't explain what it is or why or anything, told me I'm fat (yes he used those words, not that he is wrong but you can be a bit more gentle) gave me a photocopy of some diet guideline from the 1970's and walked out. No option for me to ask question, get clarity about the diagnosis. I get that he is busy, but so am I, and I had questions and concerns that I wanted to be reviewd.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I reported him to The College of Physicians and Surgeons and I suggest you all do the same. Just send a quick email. It DOES make a difference.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

He may be a brilliant Dr. but his bed side manner is by far the worst I have ever seen by anybody, it seems he may know medicine, but his personality ruins it. Stay AWAY from this Dr.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. Walfish is the best. I have been seeing him for over a decade. I was put off by his people skills at first (no "bedside manner") but I think he is a good man and an excellent doctor. I have seen a few doctors who had great people skills but I discovered I wouldn't trust their judgment. Hang in there with Dr. Walfish. As for these people with horrible judgments, haven't you ever met a scientist before? Decide if you want a warm friend or a doctor like Dr. Walfish, who makes our lives better every day.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015