Ratings for Dr. Ronald A. Hatcher

RUN AWAY FIR THE SAKE OF YOUR BABY's LIFE!!!!!! Shocking to read reviews of this so-called doctor after 20 years. He STILL has the same callous disregard for life! I'm sorry to see anyone or any baby has been harmed by this man. Tragic! My precious baby girl died from an infection she got during delivery after my water broke 3.5 weeks early. When questioned about why my water would break so early, he said "dunno, but could be an infection." I will never forget those words ever. All he had to do was order uv antibiotics for me during my labor just to be on the safe side since he was already aware of a possible infection. Monster. I held my baby as she took her last breath 2days later. A peferfect pregnancy, a beautiful healthy baby, all until he became in charge of our destiny. In addition, his partner at the time lied to me about whether I had been tested for Group B Strep after a friend's baby died of this same thing prior to mine. Evidently, he and those he may align himself with have no conscience at all. RUN!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Dr Hatcher is very experienced, which in most cases is good. He was always nice at my prenatal appointments and I never felt too rushed. He excudes an air of confidence. However he was the doctor from About Women on call at the hospital when my water broke during a routine vaginal exam but labor didn't start right away. Now, Dr. Hatcher was great about talking me through all that went on and didn't pressure me into an epidural (even when I was having a hard time with pitocin contractions). He kindly informed me that although the normal OB standard is to want baby "out" within 24 hours of water breaking (risk of infection once water breaks), HIS policy was 18 hours. I had a good experience, but I also think that a younger doctor who had come out of school more recently might have been a little more flexible. (Technically my son was born 20 hours after water broke but when I was almost fully dialated at 18 hours he didn't have any problems). Shift changed & other dr delivered me.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

You don't get to schedule an appointment until you speak to a nurse. That call back takes about four months if you call everyday. Find another doctor. This office is like going to a third world doctor.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

At first seemed nice and helpful but once I had a problem with my pregnancy (extremely low papp-a on a screening test) he said nothing and did nothing. He basically told me it was nothing to worry about and my baby died during the second trimester. He should have sent me to a perinatologist ASAP instead of doing nothing. DO NOT TRUST THIS OFFICE WITH YOUR BABY PLEASE!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

My girlfriend went to this doctor for YEARS. He knew her family history with cancer. When she wasn't feeling well he sent her for some tests and told her to "come back in a year, everything is find." She just felt that something wasn't right and took all of her records and found another doctor. It turned out that she had stage II ovarian cancer!!!!! Is this the doctor you want taking care of you or your family?

flag | Submitted November 6, 2010

Doctor Hatcher is so knowledgeable, and also very funny. He makes me very comfortable, and I never feel rushed when seeing him. He takes time to answer my many questions, and does not make me feel like a dummy for asking some questions that other doctors(in the same practice)would. I always try to schedule my prenatal appointents with him, and of all the other doctors in his practice I like him the most, hands down.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

Dr. Hatcher was recommended to me, and I must say, I am VERY pleased with him. He is very caring and took the time to actually sit and talk with me and my SO about my pregnancy. I just love him and will continue to see him from here on and out!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2008

Dr. Hatcher is the best. He has a great sense of humor, and is very knowledgeable and helpful. While other doctors have caused me severe discomfort and/or pain when examining me or doing my pap smear, I can barely tell he's doing anything. When he says he's done, I'm always shocked. I've had two sons as a patient in his practice, and I wouldn't want anyone else.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2007

Dr. Ronald A. Hatcher's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1976)

• BCBS Massachusetts