Ratings for Dr. J. Brad Butler

This doc is the best in his field. He is an extremely skilled surgeon, kind, helpful in his after care, and associated with a wonderful group of surgeons. I HIGHLY recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

Dr Butler performed meniscus tear surgery on my knee 5 years ago when I was 63. The meniscus was really shredded. It took 2 years to fully heal (rather than the one year projected) but maybe that's because of my age. My knee works great now with no issues at the gym, at yoga, and on lots of 6 mile hikes with 1200 foot elevation gain (which is good for my age).

flag | Submitted February 7, 2019

I think he's great, professional, very knowledgeable. Barb is great too. He just did a pectoral repair on my husband today. So glad we found him :) though my husband wasn't thrilled that he had to get poked more than once for the IV before sending the best one in for the job.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Wow I am truly amazed at the review that were less then 4 stars. Dr . Brad butler has performed ACL AND other surgeries on me and he was meticulous in his care. Barbara his right hand is the friendliest and most accommodating person ...I don't understand the negative review. Let me tell you how wonderful brad and Barbra are and why I would not trust anyone else. My 19 year old heading to his sophomore year of college in arizona gets a torn ACL WHILE IN WEST VIRGINIA. I call Barbra and tell her the situation that Jeff's sophomore year starts in 3 weeks. She rearranges the schedule so Jeff has an MRI X-ray and if needed she held a surgery spot. That is above and Beyond any physician I have ever had...brad and Barbra deserve 5 stars!,,

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. Butler exceeded my expectations in the repair of my knee.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

Dr.Butler did a wonderful & successful surgery on my shoulder last year and the other shoulder this year. BOth were big successes even though my health complicated the healing. I would recommend him to anyone! Note: I am an experienced hospital RN (other state) and am very critical about my care - this doc is one of the best folks. His staff is quirky at times but ok.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Dont waste your money on this one. He only cares about what he makes and not what the patient needs.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

The absolute WORST experience in surgery I have EVER had! He did not fix my knee and it kept dislocating AFTER he supposedly fixed it. Then the office said it was my fault and I should lose weight and I am a 130 lb woman who is definitely NOT overweight. He only trimmed my meniscus and left it unattached from my knee. I went to a different surgeon and had surgery yesterday and had the most amazing experience. The surgeon sutured my meniscus and actually repaired it and his staff was amazing. Dr. Butler's staff is terrible. His assistant is the rudest woman I have ever been in contact with. This surgeon has a bad reputation for being incompetant, and I should've checked him out before I let him touch my knee. PLEASE DON'T GO TO THIS SURGEON- I HAVE HAD 2 OTHER SURGERIES IN MY LIFE AND THEY WERE 100\% BETTER EXPERIENCES. This surgeon is arrogant and incompetant!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

After years of doctors telling me I would grow out of my chronic knee dislocations, Dr. Butler told me he could fix it with surgery and he did. He's an extremely helpful, knowledgeable and professional doctor, as well as a great guy. He explained everything very clearly, both good and bad sides, and the results and recovery period were exactly as he described.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

Dr. J. Brad Butler's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)