Ratings for Dr. Hsiao Ping Hu

I am so glad to have found Dr. Hu. He really takes the time to listen to all my first-time-parent questions and concerns, and he seems very focused on us when he is in the room with us (rather than seeming like he is in a hurry to get to the next patient). When I call in the morning (and sometimes even in the afternoon), they can always get us in the same day. I also like his approach to treatment. My daughter had an unusual issue when she was about 6 months old, and I thought he struck the perfect balance between doing all the necessary tests to make sure she was safe but not going overboard with major interventions that turned out not to be necessary. He also called the specialists we consulted on our behalf to rush the test results because we were freaking out (turns out everything was okay!). I also think his staff is very nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Been seeing Dr. Hu for the past 7 years. Today I took my girls in for a well baby check up and my experience was awful. I wanted to talk to him about the extra office charges so when he returned my phone call these are some of the things he said to me: He stated that I was late and set his office behind schedule (I was about 10 minutes late), he complained about having to see the girls together even though this was how his office staff scheduled the appointment, he complained about me asking him question apart from well baby questions even though his own staff said that I could at the appointment, he said we disrupted his office by moving my youngest daughter out of the room while the older one got her shots first as not to scare the younger before she received hers. The $120 is nothing to pay but the rude treatment is unprofessional and unacceptable! There are many other great pediatricians in the area. Don't subject yourself or your kids to this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

We have been patients of Dr. Hu's for over 9 yrs and have always been very happy with his knowledge of treatments and illnesses that have come up over that time. He is thorough and answers any questions that we may have.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2007

Great pediatrician! I love him and his staff, and I love his same day appointment policy. The only thing I do not care for is the fact that he always has visiting doctors that are getting training hours. So I have to tell the visiting doctor everything, then tell Hu the same info.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

Awesome doctor. This has been our pediatrician for all three of our boys. Our oldest is now 9. I have total faith in him. Can always count on being able to get in to see him when emergency or just need reassurance. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great peditrician!! I know that when I have an appointment I will always be seen on time! He is very knowledgeable and keeps upto date on everything. He takes the time with every patient and is very likeable!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2007

Awesome pediatrician! Worth taking the time to give positive comments to.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2006

Great doctor and nice staff. He keeps up on the latest medical developments to ensure our children get the best possible care. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2005

Dr. Hsiao Ping Hu's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1994)

MSP/BC Med