Ratings for Dr. Robert Neil Kassel

Somewhat friendly yet condescending, this doctor is useless and his receptionists are nasty. He put tubes in my ears which led to infections of various kinds. He called me a mystery. He is dangerous. I have now lost my hearing in one ear and endured two surgeries resulting in the loss of bone. The scar tissue from untreated infections was so thick the surgeon had to use scissors. I cannot overstate the anguish this man has caused.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Dr. Kassel is friendly but useless. He put tubes in my ears and one became infected. Over five years later I am still dealing with pain and consequences of his work. I now have lost all of the hearing in the affected ear and have to have a mastoidectomy to get rid of the infection and have the hole in my ear patched up. Doctors like Dr. Kassel are fine if everything is simple. He is not a scientist; he's like the guy who is trusted with changing oil in your car. My life has been affected adversely by this unfit Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Kassel from my neurologist after he found enlarged/swollen lymph nodes in my neck. Dr. Kassel did some further testing and decided to do an excisional biopsy which showed atypical cells. I was then sent to the Oncologist for further testing. Dr. Kassel was absolutely great and knowledgeable during my appointments and during my biopsy. Thank you Dr. Kassel!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Great doctor,great guy, appointments always on time. Staff always helpful and friendly. My kids love him

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr. Kassel is fabulous! A very nice man and knowledgeable doctor. However his reception staff are beyond horrible, they make it impossible to talk to them and ruin Dr. Kassel's clinic because they are so rude. I dread having to call the office because I know my dat will be ruined having to deal with his reception staff. It's a shame really.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Absolutely fabulous doctor, comforting, nice, funny and an extremely good surgeon. I'm so pleased with my surgery and being able to breathe! As no other doctor wanted to do my surgery due to my blood thinning disorder.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

I went to Dr. Kassel to get a second opinion, and Im glad I did. He informed me it was a form of tumor below the ear drum, and it had to come out, as it was only going to grow. He was very informative and polite. The ladies on the desk were very helpful with the paper work that was required for surgery. It was going to be my first operation, and he explained to me in the hospital what he was going to do during the operation, and made me feel very comfortable. The biopsy came back low grade cancer. When I went to Sunnybrook Hospital they viewed the CD and 3 doctors told me, it would not be beneficial for me to proceed with radiation, that Dr. Kassel did any excellent job of removing it. I only have to go every 3 months for follow-up app'ts up to one year. What an excellent doctor. Thank you so much Dr. Kassel!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Been seeing dr. Kassel for 26 years. I have nothing but amazing things to say about him and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

My son has been to see Dr. Kassel a few times over the last couple of years. He suffers from ear infections. I really like Dr. Kassel, he is always polite and very thorough and not only explains things to the parent but to the child as well. Recently my son had tubes placed in both ears and again Dr. Kassel was amazing. He told my son what to expect every step of the way. He is kind and caring and has a good sense of humour for both the young and older patients. I know his wait time can be long, but he is truly a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

I had surgery on October 2 ,2014 and Dr Kassel is amazing. I had a total thyroid removal and everything he told me prior was correct. This man has excellent bedside manner and makes you feel comfortable. I would recommend him to anyone also his staff is also very helpful. Thank you Dr Kassel I believe you cured me and it has only been 4 days post surgery .....

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014