Ratings for Dr. S.A. Schumacher

My first visit to Dr. Schumaker was to fix a plantars wart that had bothered me for several years. I had gone to other doctors and tried several remedies but the problem still persisted . One visit to Dr. Schumacher and the problem went away forever. Several years later I had a problem with a bone spur . I taco several specialists and they said that nothing could be done and the only thing that would help was to be fitted with special shoes. Dr. Schumaker said that was true except that he was using a special technique called shockwave therapy that had a good chance of fixing my problem . He said the odds were about 80% that the bone spur could be broken down with this treatment. I said with those odds maybe you can fix my shoulder to which is been bothering me because of calcium buildup . He said will fix that too. Well three weeks later I was free of the bone spur and was able to ballroom dance and my shoulder was fixed that I could go back to playing baseball. In my opinion Dr. Schumacher is the best in the world.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I have been a patient with Dr. Schumacher for many years, and have always found him to be highly knowledgeable, extremely kind, funny and very patient! Also, I have never had to wait longer than five minutes for an appointment, and that was only once! He always takes the time to go over any of my concerns, and explains all options available to treat my condition (right foot bunion and other related foot problems). Everything is explained in a way that I will understand, and instead of addressing just the issue, he factors in what is best for my lifestyle. When I eventually knew that surgery would be necessary, he never rushed me towards that decision; in fact quite the opposite. Now that I am recovering from my successful surgery, I can also say that not only is Dr. Schumacher a great person, he is a fabulous surgeon too! The staff at his clinic are amazing as well; always so caring, polite and helpful. The clinic itself is clean, tidy and organized and the atmosphere is such a calm and positive one. On both a personal and professional level, I highly recommend Dr. Schumacher and his staff!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I had a serious ingrown toenail on my big toe on both feet. When I called his office his staff was super helpful and were able to give me a appointment the very next day. Prior to surgery he thoroughly explained all my options in an easily understandable way. During surgery he was funny and calmed me down and made the entire experience really easy for me. I would highly recommend Dr. Schumacher if you have a foot issue. Seems not only like a great guy but a great surgeon as well.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

4 years I had serious foot pain which made me unable to go for walks with my wife and dog. I use Orthotics trying to ease up the pain. My every day life was leading me to multiple aches and pain from my hips down, until Dr Schumacher told me about shockwave therapy which I was willing to try to help alleviate the pain. You could not understand the seriousness what I was going through. It has been about 3 weeks from my last appointment and damm how good does my feet feel. I'm able to fly around work and going walking and not think of pain being anywhere. Thank you very much Dr Schumacher,.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I found Dr.Schumacher to be both knowledgeable and extremely personable. He listened to my foot complaints and recommended orthotics for me after treating my ulser. He explained why I needed them in simple terms and how they would alleviate the pain in my feet and knees. While he casted my feet he explained his method.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

When I went to see Dr. Schumacher about my foot, after being recommended from another podiatrist, I figured he would be able to put me on the path to being able to walk without pain again. Within a few minutes of the appointment and minimal examination, he diagnosed me with Plantar Fasciitis. He suggested 2 very extensive and incredibly expensive procedures, each upwards of $2000+. One suggestion was a custom made orthotic for both feet, the other was a surgery that inserted a wedge to keep my arch from falling. I was very reluctant to go through with either option, as almost everything I've read about PF states that stretching and exercise are the best immediate solutions. Fast forward to a short while ago and my Physio confirmed my issue with a PF diagnosis and showed me a condition known as PTTD, had I gone through with what Dr. S recommended, I'd be far worse off and far more in debt. Looking back, I had no symptoms that truly match PF, so take that as you will.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

This doctor removed six of my toenails. Of the six, 4 have grown back in partially. The needles for the freezing are excruciating. I saw a different podiatrist since then who said the nails were taken out using an incorrect method. I could not face having the procedure done again because of the pain involved. I now see a foot care nurse every six weeks to help take care of these for me.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

I have suffered from chronic and acutely disabling heel pain from Achilles tendonosis for 17years.Text of email I sent Dr. Schumacher Oct 21,2013: Dear Dr. Schumacher,I thought you would appreciate some feedback on the results of the ESWT treatments.In short, I can't believe the result! I am virtually pain free after suffering for 17 years. Walks I take with the dogs, that would normally result in week long suffering episodes may leave me feeling a bit sore in the heel or with some mild stiffness, but with nowhere near the acute pain I used to feel. I even jogged gently on a treadmill for an hour with no following day distress.It's a minor miracle. I keep waiting for the pain to return, but other than for a few twinges, it has not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and am having a hard time believing this relief could be permanent.Thank you!Best wishes.G.Orban Portland,Oregon. Prior to my visits I consulted Dr.S.by phone.V. generous w/time/candid setting expectns,probable outcome

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

I am very satisfied with the ESWT done for my Fasciitis due to heel spur in 2006 and again 2013"for my Achilles' tendon repair. It was worth it for me to fly to Surrey, Ca. Am now back to playing tennis 1 1/2 hrs 3x /wk. Although it is a painful procedure, it is "worth it's weight in gold."

Submitted August 27, 2013

Great doctor knowledgeable and personable. Always on time and very kind . I never feel rushed or uncomfortable. Staff great always helpful and pleasant.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013