Ratings for Dr. S.A. Schumacher

Very friendly staff. Dr Schumacher has a great sense of humour which puts you at ease. Definitely recommend him since prices tend to be the same among podiatrists so "bedside" manner counts for a lot.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I cant thank enough Dr. Schumacher for saving my foot amputation and which saved my life. I recommend that every diabetic who has a foot problem easpecially with fotot sores to see the doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

This was my first time seeing a podiatrist and I was unsure of what to expect. Dr. Schumacher was super friendly, gave me a few options for treatment, most of which were very inexpensive. Best of all was his great sense of humor. Thanks doc!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

My first visit to Dr. Schumaker was to fix a plantars wart that had bothered me for several years. I had gone to other doctors and tried several remedies but the problem still persisted . One visit to Dr. Schumacher and the problem went away forever. Several years later I had a problem with a bone spur . I taco several specialists and they said that nothing could be done and the only thing that would help was to be fitted with special shoes. Dr. Schumaker said that was true except that he was using a special technique called shockwave therapy that had a good chance of fixing my problem . He said the odds were about 80% that the bone spur could be broken down with this treatment. I said with those odds maybe you can fix my shoulder to which is been bothering me because of calcium buildup . He said will fix that too. Well three weeks later I was free of the bone spur and was able to ballroom dance and my shoulder was fixed that I could go back to playing baseball. In my opinion Dr. Schumacher is the best in the world.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I have been a patient with Dr. Schumacher for many years, and have always found him to be highly knowledgeable, extremely kind, funny and very patient! Also, I have never had to wait longer than five minutes for an appointment, and that was only once! He always takes the time to go over any of my concerns, and explains all options available to treat my condition (right foot bunion and other related foot problems). Everything is explained in a way that I will understand, and instead of addressing just the issue, he factors in what is best for my lifestyle. When I eventually knew that surgery would be necessary, he never rushed me towards that decision; in fact quite the opposite. Now that I am recovering from my successful surgery, I can also say that not only is Dr. Schumacher a great person, he is a fabulous surgeon too! The staff at his clinic are amazing as well; always so caring, polite and helpful. The clinic itself is clean, tidy and organized and the atmosphere is such a calm and positive one. On both a personal and professional level, I highly recommend Dr. Schumacher and his staff!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I had a serious ingrown toenail on my big toe on both feet. When I called his office his staff was super helpful and were able to give me a appointment the very next day. Prior to surgery he thoroughly explained all my options in an easily understandable way. During surgery he was funny and calmed me down and made the entire experience really easy for me. I would highly recommend Dr. Schumacher if you have a foot issue. Seems not only like a great guy but a great surgeon as well.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

4 years I had serious foot pain which made me unable to go for walks with my wife and dog. I use Orthotics trying to ease up the pain. My every day life was leading me to multiple aches and pain from my hips down, until Dr Schumacher told me about shockwave therapy which I was willing to try to help alleviate the pain. You could not understand the seriousness what I was going through. It has been about 3 weeks from my last appointment and damm how good does my feet feel. I'm able to fly around work and going walking and not think of pain being anywhere. Thank you very much Dr Schumacher,.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I found Dr.Schumacher to be both knowledgeable and extremely personable. He listened to my foot complaints and recommended orthotics for me after treating my ulser. He explained why I needed them in simple terms and how they would alleviate the pain in my feet and knees. While he casted my feet he explained his method.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

When I went to see Dr. Schumacher about my foot, after being recommended from another podiatrist, I figured he would be able to put me on the path to being able to walk without pain again. Within a few minutes of the appointment and minimal examination, he diagnosed me with Plantar Fasciitis. He suggested 2 very extensive and incredibly expensive procedures, each upwards of $2000+. One suggestion was a custom made orthotic for both feet, the other was a surgery that inserted a wedge to keep my arch from falling. I was very reluctant to go through with either option, as almost everything I've read about PF states that stretching and exercise are the best immediate solutions. Fast forward to a short while ago and my Physio confirmed my issue with a PF diagnosis and showed me a condition known as PTTD, had I gone through with what Dr. S recommended, I'd be far worse off and far more in debt. Looking back, I had no symptoms that truly match PF, so take that as you will.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

This doctor removed six of my toenails. Of the six, 4 have grown back in partially. The needles for the freezing are excruciating. I saw a different podiatrist since then who said the nails were taken out using an incorrect method. I could not face having the procedure done again because of the pain involved. I now see a foot care nurse every six weeks to help take care of these for me.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014