Ratings for Dr. Ali Saad

Dr Saad was my psychiatrist for many years...He is the best psychiatrist that I have ever met! Since he has retired, I have tried at least 6 psychiatrists, all of whom have failed to even live up to the code of ethics by which they have sworn to abide. I miss Dr Saad immensely. He genuinely listened, and offered the most amazing analogies that helped me to see things from a healthier perspective. I am so blessed to have been helped by him, and that help that he has given to me will always be with me. The analogies that he gave to me were brilliantly ambiguous such that I have applied each to many dilemmas through which I have gone and gained peace of mind and developed strategies to better resolve internal and external conflicts. I miss you, Dr. Saad!!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I contacted Dr Saad after a messy divorce where "gas-lighting" was going on. Turns out he hadn't a clue what that meant, nor any of the other Psychology terms meant either. I quickly learned that just because Psychiatrists are covered on the medical plan & Psychologists are not, they are 2 very different things. He recommended I meet up with my abusive ex-husband for intercourse or buy myself some s-- toys! I was both horrified & shocked. Then he'd nod off to sleep while I was talking. The only thing that would wake him up was the word "s..". I connect up with a lady Psychologist, who worked on a sliding scale and it was this Psychologist who helped me immensely, with ongoing therapy of the trauma of both living in & getting out of an ongoing abusive marriage!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Very fast interview, less than 5 minutes every 2/3 days for two weeks in the private internal clinic. I left the clinic with a complete wrong medicine, for two months I couldn't talk, doing things for myself, just walking down in the street as zombie, for real! I was 55 years old treated for severe and major depression and this doctor give me a real psychiatric medicine. When I saw my psychiatric, she was horrify. I knew error is human but less than five minutes and change the prescription of his colleague without real knowledge about me, I think is a practice behavior unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

Good Dr old and week but a very sharp mind I asked for him to visit but never shows up on time I hope hes strong enough to visit me in the hospital tommorow

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I was patient from 2002 until he retired around 2010. I have seen many Psychiatrists in Abbotsford to name a few Dr Uppal, Strauss,Barbieri,Sidhu,Khattak. Dr Saad has unorthodox treatment methods sometimes but he is extremely knowledgeable not just in the psychiatry field but on an overall scope he is a gifted psychotherapist. I hated him the first time i met him but when i started to get to know him i started to realize how excellent of a psychotheapist he is. I must say he is truly the wisest person ive ever met. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2002 when i was hospitalized with mania. Since then I have road the rollercoaster of mania and depression since. I have been hospitalized several times throughout the years with most drs not really being able to find the right balance of medication and therapy. Dr Saad I must give credit to for helping me through these years. Even through this mental turmoil i completed my degree in finance thanks to some good advice and insight

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

I think this man should retire for good. He is "borderline-dangerous" no pun intended. I sought an opinion from him, and it was not worth the paper it was written on. It reeked of his ignorance on my specific issues (for which there is ample literature he never heard of). It displayed his failing memory or doubtful listening skills (report contained interpreted data despite documentation left with him). A real chauvinist too. He claimed multiple visits would help me!!! He was proud to mention his association with the infamous Dr. E. Cameron who had visited him in Egypt. Dr. Cameron conducted CIA-paid potentially deadly experiments on patients in Montreal's Allan Memorial Institute. I should have run when I heard that! I truly believe Dr. Saad can be harmful to some patients. The Med Asso he belongs to has deep pockets and a bias towards its members. I hope they one day come across someone who has the funds and the courage to denounce his suspicious performance.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

After my first appointment I walked out thinking to my self "My psychiatrist needs a psychiatrist." Not good at all.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

I would not recommend this doctor. he does not pay attention in his appointments which in my opinion can be very serious when dealing with mental health. He also has ZERO people skills.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

As much as I did not like his bedside manner or his beliefs....Dr.Saad knows his stuff....10 years ago he properly diagnosed me and referred me to an adolescent psych for further consultation...So to his credit, he tried to do me some justice.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009