Ratings for Dr. John G. Buckmaster

Dr. Buckmaster is the best OBGYN that I've ever met. Two years ago I had a miscarriage and my own OBGYN (not Dr. Buckmaster) gave me a completely failed D& C surgery. I was in pain and bleeding up to 8 weeks when I went to see Dr. Buckmaster. He was very compassionate and did the D&C for me to fix the problem. I was told by a nurse that he normally did complicated and difficult surgeries; he only did the D&C (a very simple surgery to him) that day because he cared about me as a doctor and he wanted to ensure me that I was in good hands. I was deeply touched. His bed manner was warm, friendly, and super understanding. I highly recommended him to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I owe my son to Dr. Buckmaster. After years of loss and heartache, he cured my incompetent cervix. My son would not be here today without him! Very compassionate and knowledgeable. Hands down the best Dr. I have ever had!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

Wonderful doctor and wonderful staff. Trish, his RN was so helpful in getting me all the paperwork I needed and was empathetic during a very hard time. Dr. Buckmaster has excellent bedside manner, compassion and is a skilled OBGYN. I feel so blessed to have had Dr. Buckmaster and Trish as my medical team.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I came to Dr. Buckmaster because my former midwife recommended him after I developed high blood pressure. I was very nervous about going to the hospital and the medical model of birth. unlike some other doctors I have seen, he has been calming and supportive. He doesn't just say this is what we are going to do, or try to scare you in to doing what he thinks is the best, but he tells you the pros and cons and respects your decisions with out judgment. He has a gentle kind nature. All of this seems like it should be standard for doctors, but I have learned they can be the opposite. He is a gem.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

Dr. Buckmaster and his RN, Trish were absolutely incredible during a very hard time. Trish was incredibly compassionate and Dr. Buckmaster made me feel at ease and addressed my concerns. I am blessed to have had Dr. Buckmaster as one of my providers during a scary time.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

After the loss of three pregnancies we were sent to OHSU and Dr. Buckmaster. My baby just turned four in October and I am forever grateful for his kindness and caring nature during my high risk pregnancy. My family and I are truly blessed!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012

Very compassionate in a very difficult situation, very knowledgable and went beyond the usual to help us. I would highly recommend. I think hes at Legacy now though

flag | Submitted September 10, 2011

Dr. Buckmaster took care of my high risk pregnancy two years ago and I have never had a doctor as wonderful! He is gentle, kind and understanding. He is the reason I have my precious baby girl.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Best doctor, excellent follow up a and best choice for high risk pregnancy.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Buckmaster, he is the best doctor I ever had, really care for the patient.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

Dr. John G. Buckmaster's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1980)

Kaiser-Permanente