Ratings for Dr. K. Kovacs

One of the most professional physicians we have ever encountered. She does her research, is patient and kind - straightforward and garners trust. I like her , my daughter liked her and we are very lucky to have her in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr Kovacs has taken over my son's case at the hospital and I liked her vibe from the moment we met. After just getting off the phone with her, with a game plan for my son's return to good mental health , I feel calm. She validated and agreed current med not right fit.. I like this woman

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr. Kovacs saved my life. She is the best Psychiatrist I have ever had. She doesn't coddle you and baby you. She is straight forward and very supportive. I saw her first as i was an in-patient on the ward and then she has followed me since I have been an out patient. She has believed in me and supported me when i couldn't believe in myself. and when no one else did. There were times she would just listen to me and let me talk and then she would remind me of how strong and how far i have come and she is no nonsense. Some people may not like that, but it was something that i really needed and I can not give her enough thanks for saving my life and being there for me when no one else was.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Very gentle and knowligable, also very human and carrying. Great Dr, great person

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

A very BLUNT psychiatrist with an excessively harsh and non-empathetic manner. Under no circumstances would I recommend her for on-going therapy as she simply is very, very poor at it. Perhaps she can help during initial crisis to stabilize patients but that is about the limit of her skills at helping people suffering from mental illness and from terrible circumstances in their lives.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

This woman is amazing. She literally saved my life. She might come across as cold and a bit too straightforward, but if you give her a chance and do your ''own work'' with your treatment, you will find a very kind, empathetic and caring woman who does not count the time she spends with you. She involved my husband, we could talk for more than an hour at times and we didn't always talked about treatment/mental problem, but about my life in general. She listens carefully. She might seem impressive and you might feel intimidated at first, but work with her and she will give you more than you could have ever imagined. Also great with meds.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

saw my daughter and refused to let her go out for religious reasons daughter cried to me on the phone because she upset her. does not listen to family members and has a dislike for them. find another doctor and stay away from her

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

Doctor does not work with family. In fact, her disdain for me, as someone bringing a family member to emergency, was evident. Arrogant, condescending and irresponsible. Gave my family member harmful drugs without explaining potential effects to my family member or me. Obviously thinks she knows best but playing God is a dangerous game.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

good listener and supportive....but not a psychologist who gives skills to cope with longstanding problems and explains why you think the way you do and what to do about it...basically, I am saying that after the initial crisis and needing a psychiatrist, I needed a psychologist and this was not provided without me paying for a therapist outside of the hospital after discharge...I needed relatively urgent,intensive, and ongoing support from a psychologist....but this is not available... It should be part of treatment, especially in someone like myself who was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder/ with a suicide attempt....this continuation of care after the acute episode requiring a psychiatritst should be a given...but sadly enough funds and sheer numbers of experts are lacking...the government needs to invest more in this area...I feel very strongly about that-I am in the health care field myself.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011