Ratings for Dr. Michael Leung

Not knowledgable about current medicine. My mother was a patient of his for over 40 years and was recently misdiagnosed by him. He knew she was in remission from breast cancer for 2.5 years and when she went to see him for hip pain he first sent her to physiotherapy for 2 months. When there was no progress and the pain still remained, she returned to Leung and he diagnosed her with arthritis. My mother was very upset and knew something was wrong, so she told him that she was going seek help elsewhere. When she did see another doctor she was given the appropriate tests (i.e. bone scan and CT scan) and found out she had metastatic cancer of the bone. She returned and informed Leung about her diagnosis and he felt very sorry. Being sorry isn't good enough....she needed a proper diagnosis and he should of known the basic protocol for recurring cancers for breast cancer patients!!!!! TIME TO RETIRE NOW BEFORE MORE FAMILIES GO THROUGH SUCH PAIN!!! Let the YOUNGER AND MORE KNOWLEDGABLE DOCTORS TAKE OVER NOW!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Years ago, he was my family Dr. Went to him for post-natal depression and some understanding, because I could not sleep and was always crying, and he told me I was crazy and to see a psychiatrist. Found another GP (my husband`s) immediately, was put on anti-depressants for 6 months and recovered fully. Should of retired years ago!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

More interested in making money than anything. Bugs me for a hepatitis A vaccine when I come in and seemed angry that I didn't fill out my prescription for it. Always wants to see you again in a weeks time no matter the condition simply to bill twice. The wait is long and rushes you out as soon as he can. Asked for a physical and blood work and wouldnt even do it. Focused on my primary problem even though he misdiagnosed. As soon as I left his office, I went to an urgent care and received the prescription I needed. Better off going online and doing your own research for your medical problem than seeing him. The office has been the same for 20years, still has he same stain on this antique radio for 20 years, still has the same posters. He simply just needs to retire, his techniques and knowledge is old. Not current with new medicine and research. I work in the medical field and this guy just needs to retire simply put. Polite guy however, but doesnt listen.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Many times will not prescribe any medications.Will investigate first with tests then offers advice.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

You will never meet a team of health care professional that are so engaged in making the care experience the best it can be for you the patient. I have known Dr. Leung for several years. He and his skillful team have been proactive, knowledgeable, and definitely tremendous positive partners in our family's care.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

i cant express my words for this doctor only thing i can say went to him for 30 years and i dont know WHY,was HORRIBLE.and i should have changed him years ago

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

My family has been seeing this doctor since he was covering as a locum and then took over the practice of the doctor he was doing a locum for.My father was going down hill and he did not provide any sort of home care so my father would still be living in his own house. Now my father has been in the hospital, Dr. Leung doesn't have anything to do with him because he gave up his hospital privileges. I did notice the few times I went with my father to appointments, the wait was long, the appointment was short and nothing seemed to be done. I am considering a lawsuit against the poor care he has given my father. There are services out there that could have provided the necessary help and this doctor failed to give these services to my father. As a result my father may not live much longer.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

More interested in getting you outt he door than diagnosing your issue. He's now an expert at flipping you to a specialist 2 seconds after you walk through his door, that is of course after you've been waiting for an hour in his lobby as family after family comes in off the street and is sent right on in. I understand that some people will come in right on time for an appointment so they SHOULD be sent right in, but when my appointment was 40 minutes ago, and I was one time, and people are STILL being sent in before me something is wrong. Oh, plus he almost killed me, but that is posted above as a response to someone elses post. Just hope you don't have cancer around this doctor, he's a big fan of Bronchitis.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

too rushy and does not take the time to listen, I finally got another dr and he took me off the medication I was on and gave me what I should of been on and I am doing so much better and I feel so much better now that I know what is wrong with me

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010

Great Doctor, saved my life by diagnosing something I did not know I had!!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010