Ratings for Dr. Indra Roopnarian

Love her as my family dr. My original dr retired and was looking for a new one. She was referred by my mother in law, couldn't be happier. She doesn't push you into anything, understanding, super friendly. This is why I have my 2 young children Going to see her now. And the staff at the front are amazing.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Perhaps one of the most unprofessional and likely dangerous practitioners in Ontario. This physician is generally acceptable in practice when nothing is wrong and you challenge "nothing". She does not listen to you and is extremely judgemental. She plays fast and loose with medication- too much or just on a whim cancel your prescription without regard for managing a standard protocol for discontinuing and will absolutely manipulate them in dangerous ways. It is a wonder she is still in practice. She is neither professional nor is she safe.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr Roopnarian looks after our entire family and after being very strongly referred to us, we are consistently thrilled with the level of service. We are never rushed, she has been incredible in dealing with two separate mental illness issues. Staff are friendly and polite, booking is easy and professional. Reading these negative reviews make me wonder if they are referring to Dr R in Newmkarket as this is so far from our family's experience. Yes they have a three-day booking policy but I believe because of this, I have always been given all the time needed as well as she has never once kept us waiting for even a minute. She comes in having read over our file so she is well-versed in what is going on with our family and takes all the time necessary to find the best solution. She has fixed the mistakes made at other clinics, supported my husband while being transferred to Southlake and we often say it's uncanny how often she is perfectly correct, despite my intial fears that she's being overly conservative. Again, I am shocked at these negative reviews - so far from three of our family's experiences......

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I can't begin to express how terrible this doctor is. We stayed with her for several years after moving to the Newmarket area, and finally went through health care connect to disconnect her as our doctor last December. I remember reading reviews early on about someone warning us that she liked to prescribe anti-depressants to their teenager. I should have listened to the warning. My son was out on at least six different meds, quite often she'd follow his request to try a new drug (he was 16 when this started, please don't tell me he knows better than you're supposed to), and none of them helped him, he just got worse. We finally have him off the meds, with no help from her. She couldn't properly diagnose anything. She rushed us, and her attitude with me was cold and offensive. I asked for the letter from my son's visit to see a psych, and she forced us to come in for yet another apt in order to get it. A complete waste of time, and another opportunity for her to bill for a visit. She actually admitted in that last apt she realized she could have done more to help him. Too little too late I'm afraid. You only take a look at what's happening when the patients finally decide enough is enough?? As far as the staff are concerned, one in particular had a snot on the entire time and was never pleasant; the head reception Gordana was always nice to talk to, and their Nurse Practitioner was great. If you're looking for a great doctor who actually cares, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

After having the same family doctor since I was 4 years old, she retired and we moved. We came to Dr.Roopnarian as a family and it was a terrible experience. Her knowledge and inability to diagnose is frightening. She is always rushing, and having to fight her to get referrals is insane! Initially I found her easy to chat with, and so long as there was no issue, she was fine. However, I don't go and don't take my children to the doctor just to chat. SO... after the initial greeting, it was quickly downhill from there. Front desk staff are rude; ignoring you while they finish social chatter. Not very professional.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

We have been with Dr Roopnarian for 4 years as our family Dr. She is terrible in diagnosing, very weak in decision making as many times refused to prescribe or treat some of my family either she says I don't know this or " I can't do it because I have no informations" regardless that I am from health care field I found that her knowledge below average , rushing your appointment so fast so you even can't take your time in discussing your case , they are excellent in billing so they can bill the next patient. I was my mistake to stay with her for four years , finally we moved so I will be carful of choosing a family Dr. Sorry but someone had to tell you the truth Dr Roopnarain that you should have better decision , sympathy and compassion in your work as they thought you in medical college

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr. Roopnarian is extremely cold. I have been to her for a few years now and I'm eagerly trying to find a new doctor. She makes discussing your issues very uncomfortable. Completely tries to rush you then leaving you forget what other concerns you had to mention. She is a complete "I know best" personality because she is a doctor anything you have to say does not matter. I do not reccomend going to her for anything!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Roopnarian has been my family doctor for many years. If you just need general check ups etc she is fine but for anything that requires cooperation she is terrible. She has also been my mother's doctor for many years and now that my mother is 96 and bedridden, she will not work with us at all to maintain her heLthcare. She refuses to make house calls, won't let the nurse practitioner visit and recently kept her waiting a week for antibiotics because the home nurse and pharmacist disagreed with her choice of antibiotics. After I made a complaint to the clinic manager, she filled the ptescription and had her receptionist read me a letter wherein she told us she would no longer be my mothers doctor. What other reviews say about her not liking to be questioned and thinking she is above everyone else is true. Obviously I will not be returning to this doctor either.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Hasty medication changes and heavy dosages with no care or concern. Horrible. A family member was left incapacitated many times due to the changes (which seemed like, oh, let's try this one now!) for mental illnesses. Finally found a competent doctor at the hospital who was SHOCKED at how we were treated.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Roopnarian really needs to get some training when it comes to treatments for anxiety and depression. She thinks she is qualified to diagnoses in this field but lacks the training and skills. She is quick to prescribe powerful anti-depressants to teenagers and others. After I consulting with highly qualified mental health professionals regarding a particular case they find the Dr. to be incompetent in this area. She also does not respond to patients who question her approach of prescribing anti-depressants to teenagers after the first 1hour visit and filling out a questionnaire supplied by the drug companies. Dr. Roopnarian believes she is above question. In summary find yourself another Doctor as she really needs to improve her knowledge and abilities as a Doctor..

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015