Ratings for Dr. Indra Roopnarian

Outstanding! I get in quickly, she takes her time and doesn’t rush me out the door. I feel like I get her full attention. Excellent Doctor!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

Honestly very difficult doctor - very judgemental, everything is “in your head” dangerously manages medication - you are a passenger not the pilot in your health journey with Dr. R you cannot challenge or ask questions or your labeled “difficult”.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

I have been a patient of doctor Roopnarian for about 9 years. My previous doctors was very good in terms of listening to your concerns and making a referral however wait times would be as long as 2 to 3 hours. As a result , I made a decision to find a new doctor. Doctor Roopnarian's wait times are quite the opposite, about 5 mins. There never seems to be any other patients waiting. I now understand why that is. At first, she seemed very kind and helpful but as years have past I have become increasingly unhappy with her. She seems to attribute any physical symptoms to stress or mental health issues and is reluctant to refer you to a specialist. It is difficult to take time off so when I do make an appointment I would like her to cover all bases but she has me going back and forth as my symptoms don't seem to be going away. It is very difficult to talk to her as she will not entertain any ideas I might have about why I'm feeling the why I do. She does not like to be challenged and will dismiss my concerns. I do not recommend her at all. Her hours are the worst as she is not in daily and can't get an appointment after 3:00pm. You must take the day off to go to the doctor and you leave there with no answers.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr. R has been my family physician for over 5 years now! She is amazing and has really taken the time to get to know me as a person, not just a patient. She never rushes me out of the office, taking the time to sit down with me and alongside discussing my medications also gives me advice on how to lessen my symptoms of anxiety in regards to non-medical applications within my every day life. I have rarely had to wait longer than 5-10 minutes in the office. One time when I was sure I had a UTI I knew that there was the 3 day booking policy and thought that it was too late to call in so I attempted to go to the walk in clinic downstairs (despite the fact I was missing my health card), and they required me to visit her office in order to get my records. When I went upstairs to Dr. R's office in attempts to get the records, they told me to sit down and that they would have the nurse practitioner treat me and to always come to them first. I am so impressed with this office and it makes me sad looking at all the bad reviews because I have never once had a negative experience in Dr. R's office.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Staff are unpleasant. Will never pick up the phone and will keep you waiting. Will need to do appointment after appointment before you finally get a decision from her. She does not like to be challenged, if you suggest anything she will immediately say that you are wrong and will not listen ever.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

Love her as my family dr. My original dr retired and was looking for a new one. She was referred by my mother in law, couldn't be happier. She doesn't push you into anything, understanding, super friendly. This is why I have my 2 young children Going to see her now. And the staff at the front are amazing.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Perhaps one of the most unprofessional and likely dangerous practitioners in Ontario. This physician is generally acceptable in practice when nothing is wrong and you challenge "nothing". She does not listen to you and is extremely judgemental. She plays fast and loose with medication- too much or just on a whim cancel your prescription without regard for managing a standard protocol for discontinuing and will absolutely manipulate them in dangerous ways. It is a wonder she is still in practice. She is neither professional nor is she safe.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr Roopnarian looks after our entire family and after being very strongly referred to us, we are consistently thrilled with the level of service. We are never rushed, she has been incredible in dealing with two separate mental illness issues. Staff are friendly and polite, booking is easy and professional. Reading these negative reviews make me wonder if they are referring to Dr R in Newmkarket as this is so far from our family's experience. Yes they have a three-day booking policy but I believe because of this, I have always been given all the time needed as well as she has never once kept us waiting for even a minute. She comes in having read over our file so she is well-versed in what is going on with our family and takes all the time necessary to find the best solution. She has fixed the mistakes made at other clinics, supported my husband while being transferred to Southlake and we often say it's uncanny how often she is perfectly correct, despite my intial fears that she's being overly conservative. Again, I am shocked at these negative reviews - so far from three of our family's experiences......

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I can't begin to express how terrible this doctor is. We stayed with her for several years after moving to the Newmarket area, and finally went through health care connect to disconnect her as our doctor last December. I remember reading reviews early on about someone warning us that she liked to prescribe anti-depressants to their teenager. I should have listened to the warning. My son was out on at least six different meds, quite often she'd follow his request to try a new drug (he was 16 when this started, please don't tell me he knows better than you're supposed to), and none of them helped him, he just got worse. We finally have him off the meds, with no help from her. She couldn't properly diagnose anything. She rushed us, and her attitude with me was cold and offensive. I asked for the letter from my son's visit to see a psych, and she forced us to come in for yet another apt in order to get it. A complete waste of time, and another opportunity for her to bill for a visit. She actually admitted in that last apt she realized she could have done more to help him. Too little too late I'm afraid. You only take a look at what's happening when the patients finally decide enough is enough?? As far as the staff are concerned, one in particular had a snot on the entire time and was never pleasant; the head reception Gordana was always nice to talk to, and their Nurse Practitioner was great. If you're looking for a great doctor who actually cares, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

After having the same family doctor since I was 4 years old, she retired and we moved. We came to Dr.Roopnarian as a family and it was a terrible experience. Her knowledge and inability to diagnose is frightening. She is always rushing, and having to fight her to get referrals is insane! Initially I found her easy to chat with, and so long as there was no issue, she was fine. However, I don't go and don't take my children to the doctor just to chat. SO... after the initial greeting, it was quickly downhill from there. Front desk staff are rude; ignoring you while they finish social chatter. Not very professional.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017