Ratings for Dr. Ruth Bothern

Dr. Bothern is, quite simply, the best. She has been my doctor for almost 35 years and has seen me through childhood, adolescence, young adulthood and motherhood. She has always been there for me and gone above and beyond. She has organized specialists, coordinated treatments and, in bad times, made me feel like it was all going to be okay - and it was okay - because of Dr. Bothern. More than being an excellent doctor, Dr. Bothern is an excellent human being.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Wonderful. I don't like going to the doctor, but Dr. B makes it not only tolerable, but I look forward to talking to her for her positive and practical manner.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

First rate GP! No nonsense and a terrific bedside manner. She is strategically connected to a bevy of the best specialists.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr. Bothern is wonderful - always upbeat, patient, kind and supportive. She is also very proactive and knowledgeable and I trust her judgment and advice.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Ruth has been my doctor since 1977. She always listens, takes time to explain why certain treatments or drugs are necessary and responds to my concerns or fears. She's wonderful.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Ruth Bothern for several years and continue to be impressed with her broad medical knowledge, warm manner, and her ability to listen and explain specifics. I am writing to say I saw her this week (November 2013) and to clarify rumours which have been circulating on and off line that she is planning to retire. Dr. Bothern assures me such is not the case and so all of us who value her can now rest easy!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

Both wise & kind! She's simply the best! Over 30+ years she has cared for almost everyone in my family with compassion, humour and skill. THANK YOU, RUTH!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Bothern's for 20+ years and she is absolutely the best family physician I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. I am worried about how to replace her when she does retire!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

I've been Ruth's patient for 30 years and have always had excellent care. She's unfailingly pleasant, a good diagnostician and never over-reacts or over-prescribes. I've moved two hours out of Toronto but wouldn't think of changing doctors unless she retires!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

My mother chose Dr.Bothern after reading an article published in the Toronto Star back in the 70's. She was also my pediatrician until she stop practising peds but is still my dr. til today. So she's pretty much known me all my life! She always greets you w/ a smile, LISTENS, gives suggestions/options, professional & personable. I agree w/ the above, it will be really hard to find a good female doctor once she has retired. However, she deserves it! Usually, after years of practice you see doctors/specialists that lose the zeal for their profession and you're treated like another number. "Here's a prescription, now get out..." Dr. Bothern has NEVER been like this ever, in all her years I've known her. Hopefully, other doctors can learn something from people like her. You'll certainly be missed!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010