Ratings for Dr. Miguel A. Goicoechea

My visit started off decently but when I showed him my blood results (which indicated a much more serious condition)he easily dismissed it,lacked empathy,commented on my lack of listening skills as well as rudely stating that I interrupt too much. He then decided to inform me of mental health , antidepressants, and claimed my condition was psychiatric in nature. I attempted to shut down his lecture to me (particularly because my education and career are in the mental health field) but he wouldnt have it and continued with the insulting remarks. The gal on the phone warned me that he wasnt sensitive. I highly discourage anyone with a serious condition looking for hope and healing to meet with this physician.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

awful experience. This doctor doesn't know what he's doing. WHY is he at scripps? not happy at all. level of trust---sucks

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

I approached Dr. Goicoechea because my rural lifestyle, international travels, and work had exposed me to elements that could explain a painful and debilitating constellation of symptoms. Surprisingly Dr. Goicoechea decided in a single sitting that my symptoms must be psychiatric. He further stated that seeing a rheumatologist would be "a waste of time" in my case, even though other doctors (some in his own network) had encouraged me to look in that direction. As fate would have it a rheumatologist ended up having my cure. I'm fortunate my body has responded to medications, and I'm actually dropping dosages now due to improvement.... Dr. Goicoechea is pleasant in demeanor, however I think his youth caused him to make a professional gaffe. He may have lacked the wisdom and experience to question his certainty when the symptoms presented didn't neatly fit any model he is familiar with yet. He didn't question his way of handling the matter, or consider the possibility of his own bias.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Dr. Miguel A. Goicoechea's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Commercial Insurance Company