Ratings for Dr. Susmita Visvanatha

Horrible doctor. Can't answer any questions without looking at her medical books. Always late never on time. Refused to refer me to an OB said she prefers me to see a doctor in her office that has those privileges. Had cramping and severe back pain she said it was normal. Insisted she do an internal exam before referring me to an OB. She didn't realize that my cervix was not measuring accurately if she would have noticed she would have realized that I had a miscarriage several weeks earlier and was at risk for infection I needed a D&c to avoid infection. I left and never looked back. Don't get me wrong the miscarriage was early on not much she could have done but she ignored my symptoms and missed the size of my cervix which could have resulted in a serious infection which could have cause other issues. Thus was the last straw with me I saw her for many years but I could not look past this. For everyone sake I hope she has gotten better and listens to people. she may have a medical degree but I know my body.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I have 3 young children. I cannot schedule a checkup for all 3 of them at the same time because according to her desk staff, "she only does 2 physicals per day". When I pointed out that they are healthy and the appointment would be little more than a height and weight check I was told "that counts as a physical". So I have to take 2 days off work just so my kids can get a checkup. It's bad enough that she is never available, when you need to see her because you are sick you end up with whoever else in the building is taking patients like it's a walk-in clinic, but even when you try to schedule way ahead of time she still can't accommodate you.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

She is by far the best Doctor I've seen. The parking is hard and the wait can be a bit long but if you have an appointment most you'll be waiting is 5-10 minutes. I usually like to book well in advance. She takes diligent detailed notes about any/all of your concerns which is very helpful when you go see her again because she can refer to the notes and remember everything you talked about (you can't expect doctors to personally remember everyone they see). She makes you feel very comfortable. She ran tests for a concern I had even though she was not as concerned as I was. She prescribed me medication that a friend of mine had to go see a specialist for because she took extra time to learn more about the condition. She genuinely takes an interest and doesn't brush you off. I disagree with some of the people below who "research" their symptoms online. While I have done this in the past, that does not make me an expert. I did not study medication and anyone who suggests they know what they have because they looked online should not dismiss the diagnoses of a doctor. Having said that, I found she listens to everything you have to say and makes notes of all symptoms to properly diagnose you. She explains fully any medication she prescribes and any conditions you have. She also took the time to explain to me different options I could take. Very thorough. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I have found Dr. Visvanatha very helpful, professional and concerned for her patient'safety well being.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Great doctor!! When I first saw her about a year ago she was so helpful and had a lot of good questions about my medical history. I have dietary restrictions and Dr. Visvanatha gave me so much information about where to get certain vitamins and minerals from to make sure I wasn't missing any sort of nutrition. She also sent me to get blood work done just to be safe. My mom and brother now see her too and they both lover her as well!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Totally agree with some comments mentioned here. Always seems to be too busy to hear what we have to say.She starts her consultation by speed typing at a computer When we genuinely tell her something is wrong she just pushes it away saying it is nothing. No patience, no peoples skill I must say. I totally agree with another comment mentioned here that : Her body language including the way in which she looks away from the patient while you are responding to her line of fast questioning is EXTREMELY condescending (which I see others have had in here have experienced as well).

Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr. Visvanatha is great. I have seen her numerous times and I am always impressed, but her recent actions really went above and beyond. I visited her office a week ago and required tests to be done. One which was a blood test, and since it was a late appointment (we finished around 4pm), and she rushed to find out if the lab upstairs was still open for me to get the test done. She hurried me upstairs so that I could make it before the lab closed so that I could avoid taking the morning off work to attend the lab. That was much appreciated. I am hard of hearing and do not use the phone. When my results came in, Dr. Visvanatha sent me hand written correspondence IN THE MAIL (!!!) in order to maintain my privacy and not have to call my parents house and indicate that I even had tests done. In my experience, it is very hard to find people, let alone doctors, who perform acts like this. She always gives me helpful information and I find her very reliable. She is young and fresh, and this is needed when it comes to medical outlooks sometimes. Yes she talks fast, and yes she types her notes as she is talking to you... but it is 2015 and this is the most efficient way to gather the information for a huge number of people.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Dr. Susmita Visvantha's approach especially given her "people business" falls extremely short of the basics. She started our consultation by speed typing at a computer as she asked my medical history, it was very impersonal and extremely unprofessional especially her tone in which she tried to get the survey completed. I did not book an appointment to see a typist data entry clerk, but to see a Family Doctor to support me with a few critical medical issues that needed follow-up care from Brampton emergency. During her fast-paced questioning style, that has no place in the Doctors office, but at a criminal trial, intended to make you know she is SO SUPER BUSY and has limited time. Making you feel rushed, not being heard or treated just as you would in run down walk in clinic with “take-out style service”. She was EXTREMELY disrespectful in speaking over my responses to questions which she asked that could not be answered in one-word responses. Her body language including the way in which she looks away from the patient while you are responding to her line of fast questioning is EXTREMELY condescending (which I see others have had the in here have experienced as well). Coming from an HR background and being in the “people” industry for many, many years, I firmly believe that her personality traits will be the downfall of her practice, she may be highly educated with a long line of credentials in family medicine, however She lacks the most critical skill that you need to have when dealing with the public especially in her role and responsibility in the community as a Doctor. I want to also acknowledge her supporters in here, unfortunately this is a very serious issue and it goes beyond who she was "nice" too and who she was helpful too, remember this is part of their oath and can not be inconsistent on certain day0s due to busy schedules, which I will not accept as MY PROBLEM (they have full control over their schedule and time management), they choose to overbook themselves to maximize revenue, that is not the public's problem and nor should we pay the price for it x2 (literally) by being treated in this manner and leaving their office with no resolution but having the government billed! Doctors are responsible for treating every single patient with the same care, empathy, compassion, and time they need to "resolve" health concerns. The doctor-patient relationship is the foundation of the practice of medicine. It reflects the values of compassion, service, altruism, and trustworthiness. Trustworthiness is the cornerstone of the doctor-patient relationship; without trust a good doctor-patient relationship cannot exist. The patient must always be confident that the physician has put the needs of the patient first. Physicians are expected to make their patient’s needs the first priority, but accomplishing this requires a broader focus than the direct physician-patient relationship. In order to meet individual patient needs, physicians should consider their contributions to their individual patients, but also to their own practice, the community, and the health care system. Physicians should never forget that their primary responsibility is to the patient standing before them, either individually or collectively. I left her office letting her know that I was retracting the documents that I signed to have my past medical history sent to her office as I was not comfortable in her care and here's why she needs to revisit her practitioners guide, she never me asked why? And that is why I decided to voice my opinion. Here I was a new patient, with 2 critical medical issues that needed urgent follow-up by a family doctor and she did not want to know why the new patient would feel uncomfortable and not want to return to see her?? When I stated I was uncomfortable, my tone was on the verge of tears to know that yet another Doctor in Brampton failed to have the basic skills needed to practice and serve the public. I want to also make it very clear that there was no hostility or anger in my voice or body language; I was more saddened by the fact she DIDN'T ASK WHY? But now after reading the comments and reviews on her, it’s easy to see why she never asked me why I was uncomfortable, she may have already knew the answer as other patients may have been very vocal. I person can be angry and difficult, two people could be of the same character type, but I can see online several reviews indicating similar traits and that is a huge concern. And so my search continues, I truly hope that Dr. Susmita Visvanatha makes it her priority to reassess her people skills, revisit the code of conduct and her obligation as a Family Physician for the future of her Practice.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Visvanatha since 2007. My family doctor moved and opened a private practice far away. I searched for a female doctor and ended up trying Dr. V. She has been wonderful. I suffer from depression and she is always so caring and helpful. She doesn't pill push and really looks into things for you. She called my pharmacist to check drug interactions. For me she goes above and beyond. Yes I do find that she always seems to be in a hurry.....but she never rushes me or give me "the look" you negative people are talking about. I admit sometimes I wait a little longer then i would like to but I have waited with every other doctor I have had too.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Doctor Visvanatha is by far the best doctor I've ever had. If you're looking for a doctor to throw a pill at every ache, pain and cold, you're in the wrong office. Dr. Visvanatha listens to your complaints, offers support and assistance, and takes her time in ensuring you are being treated with the most appropriate method of healing for your case. She also knows her limits, and will refer you to specialists when she thinks it's outside of her expertise. I couldn't ask for more from her!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014