Ratings for Dr. J. RONALD Shaffer

Dr. Shaffer has been my doctor for over 20 years, and through several illnesses. He is a highly professional and caring doctor. His quiet and thoughful demeanor have always put me at ease. And when I have been hospitalized, he was always there to demand I received the best treatment.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Dr. Shaffer tends to believe that is perfectly normal to not feel well and have chronic symptoms. If you question anything he says or offer your own idea, he walks out of the office. I went in one May during a West Nile epidemic with swollen glands, extreme exhaustion, fever, etc. He diagnosed flu. After 5 weeks in bed, another doctor told me flu doesn't cause swollen glands and that I may have had West Nile. Just half a year after that, I got vertigo. Over the following 18 months I went back several times with night sweats, pounding sinus headaches, fatigue, and dizziness. He kept telling me it couldn't be a sinus infection and that I should just take advil and over the counter sea sickness medications. I finally asked my dentist for antibiotics for a gum infection and cleared up the vertigo in only 3 days.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Dr. J. RONALD Shaffer's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1962)

AARP