Ratings for Dr. Ted A. Cook

Dr. Cook saved my life. I was born with hemangioma and he performed many reconstructive surgeries on me from the time I was an infant until I was 10 years old. My face was very disfigured growing up and Dr. Cook made my birth defect almost completely unnoticable. Dr. Cook is an outstanding surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I had broken my nose, it wasn't unsightly but i went to Dr. Cook who was recommended by Dr Ford in Hood River to see if anything needed to be done. He said yes i would snore, etc. if not fixed. After surgery the nostril area of my nose was huge and for months i was subjected to painful steroid shots in my nose that i was told would make the swelling go away, only to be told after 6 months of shots "we put too much cartilage in" and "because you are unhappy with my procedure i am releasing you from my care" !!what? do NOT go to this guy. Very condescending, mightier than thou. He was however willing to try to fix his mistake for a very reduced price of 2000.00, no hospital or anesthesia included. "fixing his mistake"

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

I saw Dr. Cook in 1988 to reconstruct a former botched nose job I had 20 years earlier. Dr. Cook was recommended by a Lake Oswego plastic surgeon as being "the best." I woke up during surgery, Dr. Cook said, "shut your damn eyes" and then was put under again. My nose shape was fine for about 10 years; then it began to droop and the hump reappeared as well as the tip droop. I am currently having my nose redone because I will not return to him.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2009

They didn't use enough anethestic and I was in horrible pain during the surgery, I was awake so I know who did what. My eyes are no longer the same size or shape. Under my chin is a mess. He took out too much fat and tissue and then stitched the skin to a muscle under my neck. It pulls and looks terrible. Also the chin implant is still sore 4 years later. He is very cavalier when you complain and says sue me if you don't like it. He should not be practicing. When I sought a second and third opinion both new Drs identified the poor work as Ted Cooks.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2008

Dr. Cook Has done 2 surgeries on me, both of which have gone horribly wrong!!! After the first surgery my nose was crooked and disfigured. He continually Argued with me about this and made me feel very small and insignificant. Eventually my nose was going to need to be repaired. I knew this almost immediately but it took me 4 years to get the courage up, and due to other health care problems I felt that I had no chioce but to go back to him for the second procedure. Within 1 week of the 2nd procedure I knew something was very wrong AGAIN and said as much. Again he acted as if he knew everything because of his "title" and I knew nothing. It has been 7mos and I now have a very messed up nose that is swollen and has a piece of plastic prosthetic protruding to the inside of my nose, it smells as if its rotting and I can't find anyone as of yet to fix it!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2007

He claims to be a nose reconstruction specialist but my nose still looks disfigured, does not look any better than it did, and I cannot breathe. Now I have to wait another year and pay another doctor, go thru this again. If the surgery was not within his capabilities he should have told me this before. The grafts he put in were not what was needed, and they were done badly. 6 months later my nose is nothing but bumps and dents and looks horrible. It shows poor judgement and poor surgical technique. He should not be allowed to perform reconstruction surgeries, or any surgeries for that matter.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

Dr. Ted A. Cook's Credentials

• Spanish

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1964)