Ratings for Dr. Susan Poon

I have been a patient with Dr Poon for more that 30 years. They are always over booked and she is always late even if you are the first patient of the day. She always acts like her time is more valuable than mine even though I on average wait half hour in the waiting area for to even call me into the room. I've always looked over the fact that she has bad time management but today threw me over the top with her poor attitude and rude comments. I went to visit her because I needed to view my report and have an pre-authorization form filled up as per insurance request. As always she was late and I had to wait in the waiting area for 45mins. Once it was my turn she rudely told me I was wasting her time because the results of my report required he three appointments to fully discuss. She also told me I was NOT allowed to ask any more question. My main issue with this entire situation is I made an appointment to see her so I could review my report and have her fill out the pre-authorization form but she was extremely rude and impatient and belittled my time. Worst of all she charged me $60 for her to fill up my pre-authorization form!! Isn't her job as a doctor to make sure the health needs are met by all her patients!!! I am very disappointing as she has been my physician for 30 years and treated me this way. I am very mad and will not recommend and will not be going back to her in the future

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Dr. Poon was my family physician for years and years. And this was now about 15 years ago. I left and found a new doctor for all of the reasons listed here. It makes me sad to see that even after 15 years she is still treating her patients this way. It's extremely unprofessional and inappropriate. When I first started seeing her, she was so kind, thorough, and caring. I left because she became impatient, rude, and made horrible comments to me. For instance, when I was 32 and handbrake had children yet, she snapped at me and said, "you know, if you haven't had kids by now you probably never will!". I left feeling angry and depleted. I do not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr Poon has been my physician for more than 20 years. Her service in recent years changed a lot big difference from before. Now is extremely less patience with patient. If I have some concerns to bring up during my visit, she even show disrespect to me saying that 'why you have so many health problem?' and also the receptionist I ever see such rude attitude towards every patients in the waiting room. She just like you are not welcomed to come!!! Ridiculously, Dr Poon is in the same poor level service with that receptionist!! They forced me to walk away from that clinic and I now I have to force myself to look for another family physicain!!!! Dr Poon has been my physician for more than 20 years. Her service in recent years changed a lot big difference from before. Now is extremely less patience with patient. If I have some concerns to bring up during my visit, she even show disrespect to me saying that 'why you have so many health problem?' and also the receptionist I ever see such rude attitude towards every patients in the waiting room. She just like you are not welcomed to come!!! Ridiculously, Dr Poon is in the same poor level service with that receptionist!! They forced me to walk away from that clinic and I now I have to force myself to look for another family physicain!!!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Dr Poon has been my physician for more than 20 years. She is very caring and really listens. She will make sure that we get to the root of any health issue and will arrange tests to rule out possible causes of symptoms. Yes; I always anticipate a very long wait, but I plan ahead and she is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Dr Poon office charges $50 for a small piece of paper called Doctor Note. I wonder if there are other Doctors in Calgary charge the Doctor Note in that price range.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Dr. Susan Poon always has a poor attitude towards her patients, I don't think she has the passion of being a medical professional. I would definitely file a formal complaint about her practice.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Going to the doctors, a walk in or a check up you expect to wait. Usually it's an hour but that is expected everywhere. Dr Poon is a brilliant physician who will send you to a specialist in a heartbeat if she deems it necessary. There was a time when she was easily irritated because of her so called 'personal problems' which is unprofessional but forgivable, not everyday is a good day we are all human. For the people who complain, they see her once a year and base their whole judgement on the 15 minutes they spoke to her, it is not fair. Dr Poon will always find a solution to your problem, and if you do have an issue that could be better solved by a different doctor, she has no problems going to the best in that area and getting you an appointment as fast as possible.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Doctor gets extremely overwhelmed and takes it out on patients. You can expect a minimum of more than an hour wait not including your appointment time, which is probably fairly expected in most medical clinics; however, her assistant is the least friendliest. She has no customer service whatsoever and is rude. You practically have to be Chinese to get minimal service. Doctor is not friendly and interrupts patients. It's almost her way or no way. Never going back there again even if it means longer wait or distant location at a new clinic. She might be knowledgeable and has been around for a long time but she needs to be professional to her patients. She gets upset when you have gone to a walk in clinic to get a prescription since it is soo difficult to book an appointment with her. I mean she gets upset and will say "why do you have me as a doctor then?" "I don't know, maybe I wanted to live before I can make an appt with you?" How silly!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

She is rude and extremely impatient. Her attitude is unfriendly. Often interrupts patients and patients are afraid of her.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

When I come out of Dr Poon’s office,I felt I was being emotional harassed and abused!! Conversation involved “May be you should not be my patient” “May be you do not need to see me since you have enough of support now” That has proved my years of frustration was correct.If a trained physician has the right to take it out on her patient, I think being an ordinary and a non medical trained person;I should have the right to express my frustration. I think she is knowledgeable and I respect her medical opinions. But patient is not a name ,we are human being and have feeling and emotion. I wish physicians to know patient is not expert in medical field; we do not understand things in health care area and can be ignorant, but that is the reason why we need you and seek your professional help.Please be patient with us and do treat us the way you like to be treated when you are vulnerable and having health crises in your life. She is right this time,I do not need her as my family physician.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011