Ratings for Dr. Keith W. Katsura

Dr Katsura was my husband's doctor. Although they had email and/or in person interactions every 4-8 weeks, Dr Katsura could never remember who my husband was or anything about his case. Dr Katsura made incorrect judgements about my husband's situation, he never asked my husband any questions or attempted to find out whether the plan of care was appropriate for my husband. He was uninterested in helping my husband, he withheld pain medications if my husband's blood sugar was higher than he wished. Very punitive. He treated my husband in a very condescending manner and walked out of their last appointment without attempting to be helpful. Dr Katsura wasn't always like this, but something has happened. My husband realizes he should have changed doctors long ago, when 'miscommunications' first began to happen.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Katsura seems inexperienced and unmotivated as a doctor, and he is an extremely poor communicator. During the time that he WAS my mother's doctor, he misdiagnosed/didn't diagnose a condition that resulted in hospitalization. He rarely followed up or asked enough questions. When communicating by email, Dr. Katsura did not answer or address each questions, even when short & bulleted. He got irritated when we asked the questions again - saying he had already answered that - but he hadn't, as the emails showed. He even rudely suggested that we find another doctor for my mother because of MY “communication style". I had to do a lot of research and make suggestions, check drug compatibility, initiate follow-up etc. Needless to say, my mother now has a different doctor

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

Dr. Katsura is the best doctor I have ever had. He is very knowledgeable and thorough, exercises great common sense, and is the kindest, most gentle of physicians. He really listens to his patients and is very easy to talk with about even the most sensitive subjects. He never talks down to his patients. I can't recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

Dr. Keith W. Katsura's Credentials

• Chicago Coll Of Osteo Med, Midwestern Univ, Chicago Il 60615 (Grad. 1998)

GHI