Ratings for Dr. Robert Hatheway

Horrible experience. Never took us seriously not paid any attention

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

We had terrible experience with Dr Hatheway. We were mislead to believe he could order an MRI that my daughter needed when under his care, the MRI was to see where the chronic jaw pain was coming from after she had a fall at home. After months of waiting for him to arrange an MRI, it was brought to my attention that he wasn't able to order that test(at no time did he make me aware of it), so I had to find another doctor to order the test, this was 10 months after Dr Hatheway was asked by my daughter's physiotherapist to have the MRI done. When the MRI was finally done and results were back he downplayed the damage that was shown, we immediately stopped treatment at his office and had her braces removed. Upon consultation with another orthodontist and surgeon at IWK it was brought to our attention that my daughter's jaw was FRACTURED. Dr Hatheway at no time changed her course of treatment despite the complaint of chronic jaw pain, his treatment was the same. We were then told by the surgeon at IWK that 20 years of braces would never have fixed my daughters jaw. My daughter had to endure an extended time of chronic pain due to his lack of patient care.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Amazing orthodontist and staff . I switched from Dr Catherine McLeod office after being in braces for two years with my teeth moving in the wrong direction. Dr Hathaway knew exactly how to fix my teeth and he is so caring and compassionate . I couldn't be happier ! I also never have to wait for appointments and someone is always in the office to answer my questions

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Very bad office. I do not recommend. Bob or wtv you want to call him doesn't got a clue what he's saying or doing most of the time. He always leave one of his assistant or the hygienist to do the work and go somewhere else and those girls usually struggle to do the job so exactly why am I paying all this money for a non orthodontics staff to treat my children. He's also very touchy and flirty with a couple of girls in his office so I find him very unprofessional and very untrust worthy. I will be ending my family treatment im near future and going elsewhere. This office is all about looks and silly gifts and garbage actual orthodontics treatment.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I've seen Dr. Hatheway for almost two years now and couldn't be any happier. He is so funny and helpful. He balances professionalism but still makes your care feel personal. I usually see Dr. Goldberg which I find a bit confusing. That may be for the better though (they are both incredible orthodontist's) but Goldberg makes you feel very comfortable. The assistants are awesome and make you feel very welcome. The course of treatment and how the staff issues that treatment is awesome. My teeth have come a long way! This office know's their stuff, but also know's how to care for their patients. Incredible Doctor!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Very slimy and very under handed in his other business dealings. Treats employees poorly.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Terrible experience. Avoid at all costs. Takes off and leaves unqualified people to work on you.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

After spending 16k in 4 years, I am extremely disappointed with my teeth, I had two jaw surgeries and braces as an adult and still am in crossfire, but have been told that is how it will be. My son had his braces and received the most beautiful smile after having braces but I am not impressed with mine. I find some of the staff snotty and ignorant and when two of the best hygienist left I felt like I was an outcast. If Chantal and Jessica were still there maybe I would have felt differently but that don't change my smile:( My daughter too needs braces but we are going to see someone different. After the money I have spent I can't believe how disappointed I Am! Not just with the service but the fact that I am left this way. I find it embarrassing and depressing . I felt really upset the last couple of times I had been there. Unfortunate but true, I wish someone had told me this in the beginning.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

horrible ortho office. All fake and they are there to take your money you over with bunch of gifts and lies. Don't take your kids or yourself there !

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

We first went to Dr. Bob after being a patient of his fathers. The main reason initially was our daughter was a thumb sucker. From a young age, we as parents tried to discourage this habit to no avail. We tried and tried, bribery and nothing worked. At the age of 7 our family dentist said it was time to seek out orthodontist assistance as would probably need orthodontic work in the future. After meeting with Dr. Bob once, he sat and spoke directly to our daughter telling her he had confidence in her and that he knew she could stop sucking her thumb. We left the office and she said "I like him Mommy". Within 24 hours cold turkey she stopped sucking her thumb. We owe so much to Dr. Bob after one conversation from this caring and friendly professional, thumb habit kicked. Amazing! We have told many friends of this positive experience. Here we are 5 years later and both of our children are in orthodontic care with Dr. Bob. Always accommodating staff, very positive experience! We would recommend Dr. Bob and his staff, a great practice!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015