Ratings for Dr. Mark K. Yamanaka

Rude staff. Greedy Doctor. If you want to be treated badly by office staff - this is the Dr. for you.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I have been very pleased with Dr Yamanaka's services. His staff have been friendly and accommodating. He takes the time necessary to thoroughly examine each patient and their history before determining a diagnosis and treatment.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

I called to make an appointment and the person I spoke to was so rude that I made the appointment but called back and canceled. There are enough doctors around that I do not need to go to an office that employs front desk help that do not know how to speak to patients. Her name was Amanda and the doctors should be aware that they have a problem with a mean girl answering the phones.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. Yamanaka doesn't accept the very common insurance, Blue Shield. He was called to examine a sore throat after I had surgery, which is extremely common due to a breathing tube. I was not given a choice of whether to see him or not, nor do I even recall meeting him, however I have a bill for almost $500 that my insurance won't pay. When I asked why Dr. Yamanaka doesn't take my insurance, I was told he did take it before but stopped because he wasn't able to negotiate high enough payments from my insurance company. I now have a bill for $500 from a Dr. I don't recall meeting that is too greedy to accept common insurance. His office suggested I ask my insurance to process the claim differently and said they would hold the bill for 30 days. Less than 10 days after that commitment they are telling me I have to make a payment immediately and are using the excuse "I can change my mind anytime I want" This is a greedy doctor backed by a rude staff that won't honor their own statements.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

Dr. Mark K. Yamanaka's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Pacificare