Ratings for Dr. Jennifer McKenzie

I recently had a lot of work done by Dr. McKenzie after losing confidence in my previous dentist. I have been to a lot of dentists and Dr. McKenzie is the best. She was polite and professional and is a perfectionist including when she was making sure my bite was perfect. I liked the way she explained things as she proceeded with the work and also the way she interacted with her assistant and the rest of her team. All of her staff were polite, friendly, and well organized with their system of appointment reminders and I will continue to see her for dental work and recommend her to family and friends.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

the dentist was working on 3 patients at the same time. I spent 3 hours in the chair, for a 90 min appointment. Poor quality dental work performed here. I went to different dentist afterwards to fix the below standard work that she did on me.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I hadn't been to the dentist in a very long time. The last time I'd gone was several years ago at the Harewood office, the filling I paid $350 for fell out 2 days later and they said they'd charge me to fix it. So I just stopped going to the dentist, until the pain got so bad that I had to do something. I called 6 different offices before I went with Brooks Landing, they were the only office that accepted MSP coverage with no questions asked. They got me in right away. I needed 2 root canals and almost a mouth full of fillings, and she did it all. She saved my teeth and thus fixed my life. She's gentle and meticulous. She's never been late for me, but I could understand if she was. She takes extra time to make sure your bite is perfect, and that the teeth look the best they possibly can. I cannot recommend her highly enough, especially if you're on disability and concerned about the very minimal coverage you get. She's the best dentist I've had since I was a child.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

I love this office! I have had a great experience every time i've gone. The receptionists are helpful, caring and pleasant, Dr. Mckenzie is very knowledgeable, super gentle,does excellent work. I used to avoid going to the dentist but she and her assistant really listened to me and addresed my concerns and make me feel safe. In the past, I would always feel it when I got dental work done but she always makes sure i am totally numb and aways explains what is going on and even shows me so I don't worry. She even called to check up on me on the weekend after i had a tooth pulled to check up on me! I have sent my entire family to see her and would absolutely recommend this office.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr McKenzie really seems to know her stuff. However, she is really blunt and rude with her staff to the point that it's shocking. She speaks to them harshly in front of patients. On the other hand, she is very kind and gentle to patients, so it's weird. I noticed one person remarked about getting a notation in red pen on their file - similar thing happened to me and now I feel like 'the bad kid'. I may change dentists because of it.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

First of all the reception girls are gossipy little prudes with no manners. The dentist seemed to base everything on VANITY first and foremost. I came in, explained i am a broke student wondering if i have cavities. They did EIGHT XRAYS and for nothing.. I got a huge quote for whitening, smoothing and coloration.. but no word on the health of my teeth. WHAT A SHALLOW QUACK!! What a waste of money and time, and aggrevation. Unprofessional, seemed to know very little about tooth health and more about a covergirl's smile..

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

Dr. McKenzie is an amazing dentist. Ive only had one set of fillings done, but she was always concerned about me and how I am doing while the work is being done. She is extremely professional and knowledgeable. I feel she really cares about me and she cares about doing a great job. The staff works hard and is friendly. I highly recommmend this ofice.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

In the few times I was there, always rude to assistants except the oldest one, rude and argumentative with patients. I have never been nervous about dentistry, but actually passed out during simple procedures because of the stressful atmosphere. Receptionist exceptionally rude. I drove 200km to their office and was 15 minutes late because of bad weather. She wrote me up in my file "late 15 minutes" in red pen! Am I back in Elementary School?? When asked to clarify costs, rudely stated"you got $1100 of dental work for free what are you complaining about?" The most unprofessional office I have ever been to!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2007

Dr. J. is what one could call a true artist of Dentistry, I have been under her care for root canals and have actually fallen asleep in the chair. these other bad comments about the staff are just that, bad comments.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2007

I have been taking both of my children to Dr. McKenzie for several years and find her to be very thorough and personable. Both of my kids really like her and my kids are teenagers. She always has a smile for them.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007