Dr. Leon Kavaler

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Leon Kavaler

I have had several procedures by Dr. kavaler over many years and he is always caring and efficient. Most recently he rearranged his schedule to provide an emergency colonoscopy for me. Recognized as an outstanding doctor, he is an even better person.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

very professional, very helpful, he explains every thing to you personally and most important he listens.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Dr. Kavaler was exceptional. We met to discuss my procedure two weeks before in which he explained the process and answered any concerns I had. He was personable, patient and quelled any fears I had. After the procedure he explained the prognosis thoroughly. He has the best bedside manner of any doctor I ever met. I had a wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I have never seen this doctor before but he was my attending during fellowship. He is a great guy and I don't want to detract from his great reviews. However, with Ratemds.com, anyone can write a review. You're better off looking at reviews from Zocdoc.com where all reviews are from verified patients!

Submitted December 5, 2015

Dr. KAVALER encompasses all that a doctor should be. He is knowledgeable in his field, he is compassionate and I only wish that he was a primary care physician as well. He is totally my idea of a "real" doctor.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

I am so impressed with Dr. Kavaler. From the moment I entered his office, I have felt genuinely cared for. Dr. Kavelar was immediately able to guide me with my health issue and scheduled me for a colonoscopy. While not performed in his office building, the facility that he uses is first rate. From the care by the office staff, the nurses, his anesthesiologist, and then the pre and post conversations with Dr. Kavalar I can truly say that the level of professionalism and patient care was second to none. I had a follow-up scan within days. All this to say that Dr. Kavelar is a knowledgeable, thorough, and attentive physician who genuinely cares for his patient. He very quickly was able to identify my issues, and provide thorough follow-up care. I had both in-office visits and follow-up phone conversations with him. He is a rarity indeed. Am very grateful. Without a doubt he's one of New York's finest!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Kavaler's for many years, and have had several procedures done by him. He is an excellent physician. I am especially impressed with his knowledge and attentiveness, and his innate ability to communicate well with a patient. He has a warm personality and a humorous streak that is reassuring when you are facing issues and wondering about the outcome. I would recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Dr. Leon Kavaler has been my doctor for over 15 years. He excels at all aspects concerning patient-Doctor exchanges. Whether communicating with the patient, explaining the procedure, insuring the patient fully understands all aspects, while engaging the patient in the dialogue to insure the patient has full understanding. He is devoted to his patient’s safety and well-being. Prior to any procedure, all questions are answered, without rushing, and after completion of the procedure, Dr. Kavaler sits and discusses the findings, and recommendations for any further work, if necessary. Before you leave his office, you are fully aware of all that has occurred. Most Dr.’s these days, do not take the time to ensure the patients security and full comprehension. His medical skill is beyond reproach. He is a gifted and accomplished Gastroenterologist, has performed many endoscopies and colonoscopies on myself and on my husband. He is a skilled, professional Doctor, and I would not use anyone else. I have recommended Doctor Kavaler to my friends, and all feel he is the Consummate Doctor…these days, a very difficult thing to find.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Kavaler is the best doctor I have ever come across in my life. His is extremely knowledgable, easy to talk to, understanding, and goes above and beyond for his patients. I am so thankful i found Dr. Kavaler.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

Dr. Kavaler performed an endoscopy on me over a year ago, and when I called him recently to further discuss his findings and recommendations, not only did he remember who I was but he also immediately recalled what my clinical status had been. He is very knowledgeable, kind, patient and caring. After my surgery and discharge from the hospital, he called me to check up on how I was doing. Unfortunately during these days of managed care, such a thing is unheard of. Dr. Kavaler's expertise and compassion are outstanding and I recommend him wholeheartedly without any hesitation whatsoever.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr. Leon Kavaler's Credentials

Dr. Kavaler is currently a Clinical Instructor of Medicine at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. He earned his medical degree from SUNY Upstate Medical Center and completed his Internal Medicine residency at the Mount Sinai Hospital during which he was selected as Chief Medical Resident. He remained at the Mount Sinai Hospital to complete his fellowship in Gastroenterology where he continues to play an important role teaching residents and fellows how to perform colonoscopy and endoscopy. His interests include colon cancer screening, peptic ulcer disease, acid reflux and inflammatory bowel disease. Dr. Kavaler is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association and the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. He has been selected to New York Super Doctors since 2009.

• Spanish