Ratings for Dr. Neil Hagen

He is one of the most arrogant Doctor's I have had the dis-pleasure of dealing with. I had written a letter about my POOR medical(care????) but realized too late that you can be unfairly judged by other doctor's. They will never agree with anything derogatory about a colleague.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

HE IS THE ROLE MODEL OF THE PERFECT DOCTOR- INTELLIGENT, BASES HIS PRACTICE ON SOUND CLINICAL JUDGEMENT AND BEST PRACTICES, DEMONSTRATES EMPATHY AND CARING, AND IS COMPASSIONATE AND KIND. HE INVOLVED THE SUPPORTS WHO WERE WITH ME IN THE ROOM. HE WAS OPEN TO WORKING WITH ME ON MY CONCERNS WITH MY METASTATIC BREAST CANCER AND ITS ACCOMPANYING COMPLEX PAIN ISSUES AND QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUES AS WELL. HE ALSO INVITED ME TO CONSIDER ANY UNSPOKEN NEEDS I HAD, IE. FEARS AND CONCERNS FOR THE FUTURE. HE IS A TEAM PLAYER AND NOT ONLY INVOLVES THE NURSE AND THE PHARMACIST IN HIS UNIT BUT ALSO READILY ADVOCATES FOR ME WITH THE REST OF MY TEAM (IE. HE EXPEDITED AN ONCOLOGY APPOINTMENT FOR ME WHEN MY HEALTH STATUS CHANGED). I FELT LIKE A TRUE PARTNER IN MY CARE-PLANNING. I FEEL GRATEFUL TO HAVE HIS INVOLVEMENT IN MY CARE.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

In my opinion he made no effort to really help my husband. He did not properly review scans that were available and base his treatment accordingly. He was just guessing at the reason for the severe pain. When I asked him a direct question I either did not get an answer or the answer did not make any sense. I found him to be very arrogant. My husband died after suffering horrible pain. If Dr. Hagen had have put some effort into treating the pain the cancer would have probably caused my husband’s death not an infection due to treatment for pain control. I hope to never have to deal with him again.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

Dr. hagen is always extremely helppful and knowledgeable. He always makes time for his patients and takes the time needed (no rush through appt's).

flag | Submitted April 22, 2007