Ratings for Dr. Neil Manson

He was horrible to my son and misdiagnosed and tortured him for a year. He was rude and condescending to my husband and me as well.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

So far two weeks PostOp, and what a difference! I went from Rubble frosting freely to as Dr Manson said" it's solid now" and , boy did he do a Great Job. So far I have been able to go out and walk twice a day but my pain level is back to where it was prior to surgery and I'm not Fully healed! If all goes this well, I should be able to tolerate more activities sooner than expected, But remembering to Not over do it. As Solider's Always say"Thanks Doc"!:)

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Dr Manson, gave me my life back. Before my surgery, I was disabled. Now I am an active healthy person again. I can't tell you how grateful I am for his skill and expertise. We have an incredible team here in Saint John. Back surgery should only be done as a last resort. There are so many factors going into spinal surgery and there are many many risks. Dr Manson was clear on the risk and success rate of my surgery and I made an informed decision. I followed my rehab exactly and I am committed to maintaining a healthy body to ensure my back remains as healthy as possible. The fact that another human being is willing to weigh so many risks and take on so much responsibility to help another human being is truly incredible. Thank you Dr Manson for giving my husband and my three children their wife and mom back.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

Dr. Manson is a fantastic surgeon, unlike my first surgeon Dr Connolly who performed a L4-L5 fusion 10 years ago. Before Dr Manson performed my T12 to L5 spinal fusion I was in so much pain on a daily basis that for 10 years I thought suicide was my only escape. Although I'm not 100% pain free i can live with this. I don't cry in silence anymore. Now, the hospital staff on the other hand need to go. When I woke after a 10 hour surgery the IV was interstitial, my arm was the size of a football, I couldn't move at all and had absolutely no pain relief. The nurse had the nerve to ask me to settle down because I was hyperventilating in pain. No only that, she had that attitude that I 'hyperventilating because I was SEEKING DRUGS. I'm sure she read this on my file due to a condescending 'Doctor' who wrote down on my file that I was a drug seeker. Why?... because I had no doctor, my only options for relief was to go to the hospital or buy on the street. He tells me that people my age don't suffer with severe back pain. He looked me in the eye and said there is nothing he can do. He watched a grown man cry without and empathy so I was forced to self dose from shady sources. What can you do at this point, suicide? Anyhow, I digress. Thanks Dr. Manson, you saved 3 children's fathers life and am sure they are just as grateful as me. Keep up the great work.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. Manson to anyone. He turned me into a cripple for life! He operated on me twice - the 2nd time, presumably to fix his mistakes. He did not succeed. He did not acknowledge this at all, rarely coming to see me. When I was fairly able, he discharged me to my own hospital, not telling me, leaving it to the nurses to tell me 30 min. before I was to go. He should not be doing back surgeries - nor should he be rated as the best back surgeon in New Brunswick. If you follow my advice, run, don't walk away from him before he turns you into a cripple.

Submitted March 15, 2016

I had my tail bone removed because of a snowboarding accident. Before Dr. Manson helped me and did my surgery I couldn't function; could barely get out of bed let alone do anything with my life. Now, a full year later, I am not only doing hiking, biking, exercising, dancing, etc.. I am also doing my 500 hour yoga training course. He changed my life. Very professional, does his research, includes you in decisions, answers questions. He is very attentive and was also great with my parents when they were in the hospital with me. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

This man should not be practicing back surgery,. He is rude, arrogant, and condescending. He made at least two serious mistakes in the two surgeries I had. Once I was of no use to him, after only visi ting me hardly at all, he suddenly "kicked" me out the hospital because I was a reminder of his stupidity and lack of skill. He has spoiled my life as well as well as that of my husband. This man should not be allowed to practice in New Brunswick.

Submitted September 9, 2015

Just had spinal fusion completed one week ago and have had tremendous results. Dr. Manson was very professional, visited daily and addressed all questions & concerns from myself and family. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

A- one top-notch..great surgeon..thanks Dr Manson!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr.Neil Manson performed a spinal lift on my back that had not been approved by health Canada.I have degenerate discs.He is very rude and his face goes red when you ask a question he don,t like.If you were one of the people he performed this new surgery on please write me at occupant 444,apt 4 Sussex N.B.E4E-1S7.I have been in severe pain ever since.I woke up screaming in severe pain and him or the nurses could not of cared less.The ex ray he showed me of my back was not the one he showed me after the surgery.I can swear on my bible to that.He needs to be held accountable for doing surgery,s that are not approved.

Submitted August 5, 2014