Ratings for Dr. Keith McIvor

This doctor sent me home from the ER after refusing to give me a CT scan even though the Oliver Hospital requested it. He decided, without any conversation with me, that I had a twisted bowel that had miraculously fixed itself on the ambulance ride into Penticton. WRONG - when I finally did get my CT scan 2 weeks later, I had peritoneal cancer!!!!He does not listen and makes up his mind before he has all the facts. I had surgery for this condition a week after the scan and the epidural did not work, so I was in severe pain and received morphine all the day after. McIvor was the weekend surgeon on duty, and again without lISTENING to me, he started lecturing me about not eating.If he had LISTENED to what myself and the nurse were telling him, he might have understood that I was nauseated all day due to the morphine and not able to eat. RUN, don't walk away, from this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

He's the surgeon that other surgeons turn to for his excellent care. Thanks for a job well done!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

was not informed about the after surgery complications and recovery time although asked several times.Comment was ,things take time to heal?

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

This Doctor was very efficient.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007