Ratings for Dr. Cyril Melck

Dr. Melck, I am sorry that I will not be able to have conversations with you anymore but I want to wish you a happy retirement and thank you for taking me on as a patient just over 7 years ago. Although I was on a med. when I started seeing you the previous doctor had little understanding of how important it was to me after living most of my life with nothing to help me and no one who understood this medical condition. In the past several years especially your understanding of my feelings about the people around me and my difficulty in dealing with their behaviour was an anchor in this crazy world. You treated me as a human being and didn't speak down to me and this is a rarity. Talking to you was a pleasure and Joanne is also someone I will miss as she is a truly kind person and anyone will be lucky to have her as an employee. All the best in your future relaxation!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I had the wonderful opportunity to see Dr. Melck for about 15 years for panic disorder and anxiety. He prescribed me the right meds to get some control back into my life. I can't find another psychiatrist and so won't be getting the meds now, but I realize he has his own life and was ready to retire. He made me feel like a person and not just another patient and he was very kind, knowledgeable, and professional and had a great sense of humour. I hope he finds lots of new golf courses to plunder and that he and his wife have the best days yet to look forward to. I'm really going to miss you, Dr. Melck and won't ever forget you. I'll also miss your assistant, Joanne, who was always so pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr Melck I hope you see this! You helped me through the darkest periods of my life. I was able to obtain a university degree in pharmacy with your sage advice over the years. I would probably have become a homeless dropout if not for your help. Thank you for diagnosing me with ADHD and prescribing me medication for it. Although I am moved out of town now and have to see another psychiatrist, I will sincerely miss your wisdom and compassion. All the best with your retirement!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Dr.melck is great! I always look forward to my visits with him. Hes friendly, professional and non-judgemental.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Dr. Melck treats you like a person and not just a patient. I didn't find he pushed any medications on me...more the opposite. He can seem a bit cold at first, but is a no nonsense kind of doctor. He often runs late, but I've been to worse for that. Sadly, he's retiring and will be missed.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Ethical Capacity and respectful humanisation. Dr. Melck is a champion at these.As a therapist, he is insightful and solution oriented, His assessments are based on facts, rather than prejudicial assumptions. Dr. Melck has been one of the most important influences in my life, giving me grater capacity, better relationships, resiliency, and adaptive productivity. I am very grateful.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when he retires. Dr. Melck is amazing. My previous doctor, Dr. G.G.Ellis referred me to Dr. Melck because he didn't have experience in adult ADHD like Dr. Melck does. After 20 years, I'm grateful to find a doctor who understands what I'm going through.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Ethical and intelligent. knowledgeable and co,passionate.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Melck is not worth the wait list - or the appointment wait times. With my experience his main concern is profits - he pushes new brand name drugs , and will put you into a spiral of medications that will slowly make your health decline. If you want to get caught up in his drug pushing by all means see this doctor . Otherwise I recommend seeing a doctor that can provide real help and therapy as these doctors should. Also when I was going through a very hard time and bankruptcy he had his VERY RUDE staff phone me to let me know he will not be seeing me again due to a missed appointment and the fact he is retiring . Even though I was his patient for YEARS !! He has officially checked out - and fortunately im not dealing with depression or this could have had a devastating impact . He will not be there for you when you need him. He takes 4+ vacations per year - find a different doctor who values your life as a patient and doesn't treat you like a dollar bill.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Melck was worth waiting to get in to see. He is very professional, respectful to his patients, and cares a lot about what he does.

Submitted August 2, 2013

Dr. Cyril Melck's Credentials

• Natal (South Africa) (Grad. 1974)