Good Doctor. I have seen him 33 years, and I have no any trouble about that. Sure, he is busy doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

I can't believe some of these negative comments from a few ofthese patients. He has been treating my mom with COPD and has Always been there on time and very caring. His professional manner and informative and clear diagnosis and caring disposition is all part of my moms healing and coping with her disease She loves him and he makes her feel very well taken care of. He has even gone out of his way to see her on short notice and gone up to the hospital to see her on his own. I think some people are just complainers and are never satisfied. We are still with the doctor and trust him with my moms care and her LIFE. He brings the biggest smile to my mom because she feels that he cares and that says it all.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

As fAR AS i AM CONCERNED dR mCcARTHY IS IN SUCH A RUSH ALL THE TIME THAT HE DOSEN'T TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN TO THE PATIENT. aS i HAD BEEN TOLD THAT i HAD CHRONIC ASTHMA NOW i FIND OUT A YEAR LATER IT WASN'T THAT AT ALL BUT c.O.P.D AND NOW HAVE SOMETHING ON MY LUNG. AND HAVE BEEN TELLING HIM FOR OVER A YEAR ABOUT MY TERRIBLE COUGH, AND ALL HE COULD SAY IT WAS THE AIR IN THE LOWER MAINLAND.i THINK THIS TIME i WILL CHANGE LAST TIME i TRIED BUT NO ONE IN THE BUILDING WOULD ACCEPT HIS PATIENTS..

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013

Dr. McCarty seems good, caring, sometimes rushes through appointment. Our problem is with Tracey. It is all about her, how rushed and busy she is, and not concerned whatsoever with the concerns of the patient. She does not return phone calls nor do what she is asked to do. She should be in another line of work.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

I have only see Dr MacCarthy once and he seemed very good. I will be seeing him more in the future. My complaint is that his MOA Tracey is horrible. She is rude, interrupts you while speaking and seems to generally not care. I may ask for another referral to another doctor because of this MOAs sheer unprofessionalism and rudeness. It makes me wonder what kind of doctor I have been referred to.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

he is always on time and is very caring but prompt. He also gave me a bronchoscopy in record time. Too quick I'd say.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Excellent Dr. Have been going to him over 20yrs for a rare lung condition.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

This Doctor should be aware of how his words effect people. He misdiagnosed my 38 yr old husband with lung cancer (of which 65% of male patients die within the first year) and past us off to another Specialist THANK GOD who informed us without the tumor being removed it would be premature to speculate like McCarthy did that is was lung Cancer. My husband had a rare non cancerous tumor which has been removed and he is fine. Funny we never heard again from Dr. McCarthy. Thanks for giving us the scare of our life and never even following up. Great bed side manner you have NOT.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

Dr. MacCarthy saved my life. I was drowning in blood clots back in '93 and he implanted an inferior vena cava filter, when it was still quite experimental. No other treatments were working for me and after admittedly studying up on the subject, decided it was my best bet for survival. My condition improved visibly within hours of the implant and I made a full recovery. If not for this studious and well informed dr I seriously doubt I'd be alive today. I'm even more comforted by the protection my IVC filter provides against future stroke, of which I have a strong family history. Perhaps those who find him rushed shoudl consider it could be because others lives are at stake. There's a lot more to his practice than office visits.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2009

Dr. John A. MacCarthy's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• Postal Code has been updated from "V3L0" to "V3L 5E7". Address has been updated from "None" to "250 Keary Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16045258822".

June 3, 2015