Ratings for Dr. John Whitney

Dr whitney was the rudest Dr I've ever had in my life!!!! I have endometriosis and it went undiagnosed for several years. Dr whitney told me I had Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, only caused by an std (which ive never had!!!!!) When i asked him how can i have a disease caused by an std when ive never tested positive for an std (im married by the way) his exact worlds were "that's what you get for having sex" ive never felt more ashamed hurt and angry than that moment!! I did not have PID, I had endometriosis his comments hurt me and made me fearful of doctors. Unprofessional, rude, and unwilling to be questioned.. Dr whitney should have more compassion for his patients, or give up being a doctor is the saying not "first do no harm" hes an example for what not to do as a Dr!!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I've seen this Dr twice now, on separate occasions, spaced years apart. I've seen just as a walk in basis at my regular Dr's practice, and I must say, I've never encountered a more rude Dr in my life. Both times that I've been seen by him he made me feel stupid for being concerned about legitimate problems and that I was wasting his time. I tried asking him questions about the problem I was having and he just glared at me and said "yah, there's nothing you can do. Ok?" For some who's been rated as knowledgeable, he's certainly not willing to share it. Another time that I saw him he said "oh so you just sit around feeling sorry for yourself?" What kind of person that's supposed to be helping you says that?! Im never going to see him again.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

He is a very good family doctor. He listens, takes the time to investigate problems. He does not send you for unneeded tests and is very upfront and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

Very Good GP - I have been going to him since I moved to Brampton from Montreal 8 years ago.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2007