Ratings for Dr. Dennis Amini

Very candid and blunt. I like that. Not looking for a physician to hold my hand and tell me everything is going to be ok. That might be good for some patients but I want the facts. He doesn't strike me as a people pleaser but rather as straight forward shooter that tells it like it is. If you want someone to hold your hand, look elsewhere. If you want someone to give you the facts and help you through a tough pregnancy, you won't find any physician who is more direct and helpful. If he practiced general OB/GYN, I would see him for all my needs.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2019

He is chatty but approachable. Not afraid to answer questions. I like to ask questions but sometimes the amount of information can be overwhelming. Still, It's better to know all the facts IMO. I would recommend him to friends and even recommended my sister to see him after she had a complication. Good doctor but he does not deliver babies routinely; that was a disappointment. I rate him 6 stars out of 5.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Had a difficult pregnancy and transferred care to Dr. Amini because of insurance changes. I started a new job and had no choice about changing practices. He was patient and reviewed my old records; I found him to be knowledgeable and patient. Unfortunately, my first pregnancy ended abruptly because of a serious medical problem. I did go back to Dr. Amini for my next two pregnancies and thankfully, I now have two healthy children. He is a great docto! BTW, I love his office staff.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I saw him for preterm labor and I needed an expert in high-risk pregnancies. Unfortunately, our first meeting was in the hospital. He is a Kaiser perinatologist and not currently consulting on patients at Georgetown. Also, he is not affiliated with Howard University so I am not sure where that came from... I delivered at Holy Cross Hospital but met him at Washington Hospital Center. In the end, he followed me in the hospital and took care of me as an outpatient. I found him to be very witty and personable. He is very direct so I agree with other reviewer comments that what you see is what you get; I like that in a doctor as the facts are important me. I did not have a doula but I spoke with two midwives at Washington Hospital Center before seeing him and the reviews were great. BTW, he has wonderful staff in his office. It is obvious that the nurses and residents at Washington Hospital Center like him and I plan to keep my Kaiser insurance because I had such a great experience. TY!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

I was terrified to see an MFM for consultation but I new that carrying twins was not going to be easy. I read other reviews and was expecting to meet someone older. He looks young and his demeanor is very direct. Like other reviewers have said, he is a fast talker. A our first meeting, he got all the facts across and took great effort to ensure that I understood my ultrasound. At first I felt that he was dismissive but it became obvious that he was just trying to lay out the evidence in support my plan of care. He does not do deliveries; that was ok as I wanted to deliver my twins with a midwife. Even though I was moving away from Washington DC and changing my insurance, he continued to communicate with me and referred me to a group of physicians and midwives on the west coast. I am now a proud parent of twins and appreciate everything that my MFM did for me.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

I had a very complicated pregnancy and I knew that things were not going smoothly when I was referred to a perinatologist. I Googled Dennis Amini to try to get an of what to expect. There were several comments posted years ago when he was at Georgetown but I wonder if he was practicing MFM at the time. I know he is only a high-risk consultant now so he is rarely doing deliveries any more. By the looks of some of the old comments, he was portrayed as abrupt and dismissive; this was frightening to say the least. When I met him for my first consultation, there was much tension. I knew that my baby was small and that there was concern about my baby's growth. He was not at all like I expected. He spoke quickly and was very direct. There was certainly no dancing around the issues; he was honest very supportive. I needed someone like him help me through a stressful and confusing situation. I am grateful for his guidance and despite delivering a premature baby, everything worked out and I am a happy parent!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Saw dr. Amini while pregnant with my first son. He was fantastic. Very friendly and knowledgeable, thorough and didn't brush anything off as "not a big deal" I am no longer in DC area and wish I could find someone like him. I have had five children with five different docs and no one was quit like him!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Amini was previously at Georgetown and left the faculty to pursue a Maternal Fetal Medicine fellowship. He took care of me before pregnancy and then through a difficult and complicated pregnancy. Sadly, I can't find him now that I am pregnant again. It appears that he may now be in private practice. Great physician with great skills. He is missed.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Superb bedside manner. Made me feel at ease. I asked other doctors at Georgetown and he is very well respected. Performed my difficult surgery without a hitch.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

I felt he had excellent listening skills and was very thorough. I felt he presented all the pros and cons of treatment options and was extremely supportive. His surgical skills were excellent and he has very good follow-up.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2007

Dr. Dennis Amini's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1998)

UPMC