Ratings for Dr. Donald L. Hilton

Great staff, very patient in explaining the procedure. A very nice and humble man, who has accomplished much in life. Thanks You, for my bilateral lamiontomy. I feel much better, and fortunate to have you do the surgery.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Back in July 2014 GP ordered an MRI for my lower right back and leg pain/ sciatica. It showed a bulging disc L5S1. I was in excruciating pain, I couldn't drive without crying or even put on my clothes. The only thing that was helping a bit was diclofenac 75 mg and putting a pillow under my belly to lie down. Dr. Donald Hilton was highly recommend by people I know. I had a microdiscectomy this past Friday and I'm pain free. All that is left is a small incision in my lower back, no staples just glue. I am forever grateful to Dr. Hilton and his team for helping me live a normal life again. People who don't know what it is like living with this pain will try to tell you to look for another alternative. You shouldn't have to suffer anymore. It's the best decision you can make for yourself.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

No follow up no concern

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Dr.. Hilton changed my life. I am a professional flamenco dancer that had a devastating back injury that resulted in severely herniated discs on my L4 and L5/S1. I was confined to a wheelchair unable to walk, much less able to dance. At only 34 years old, I thought this was going to be my life. Two other surgeons reviewed my case and all told me I would be unable to ever dance again. I went to Dr. Hilton, and he said he believed he could help me. The day I went into surgery I was in agony and unable to even walk into the hospital. When I woke up from surgery the pain was gone. I was up and walking within two hours of surgery. Two days later I was up and walking the San Antonio Riverwalk. I am now 6 months out from surgery and I am back to dancing professionally full time! Dr. Hilton gave me my life back when others said they couldn't. I will be forever grateful to him and his wonderful staff. Dr. Hilton's nurse Wendy was wonderful! I highly recommend Dr. Hilton. He's the BEST!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

8 minute consultation,no mri and operated three weeks later,miimum invasion which did not allow for proper cleaning of spurs on back,was in excruciating pain for ten years after,wanted to committ suicide several times and no money to find out why i was in so much pain,finaly got ins and found out many mistakes this doctor did,thanks to my second doctor he saved my life.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Dr. Hilton performed minimially invasive surgery on my back to remove a cyst between the L4 and L5. He has performed surgery on about 5 family members and friends and we all think he's the very best!!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. Hilton performed a neck fusion on me ten years ago. It fully eliminated my neck, back and arm pain. I also retained my full range of motion. I was back to work within 2 weeks wearing a neck brace. Dr. Hilton is professional, knowledgeable and kind. I have recommended him to several people and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

I will be forever thankful for Dr. Hilton and his expertise. It's been six years since my MITR back surgery, and I have no problems whatsoever. He is professional, polite, detail oriented... just what you'd want in someone doing surgery.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

I was 100% pleased with Dr. Hilton as a physician, person, and surgeon. He handled my case in a caring way and is an innovator in minimally invasive back surgery, known around the world.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

5-minute consultations and refusal to answer questions.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

Dr. Donald L. Hilton's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1988)