Ratings for Dr. Donald L. Hilton

I sent MRI's on my neck and lower back and then met with Dr Hilton last year. I have a herniated l4 and l5. I have facet joint issues and a bone spur between the c3 c4 sticking in the nerve. He wanted to put a neuro stimulator in my back. I wanted it fixed. I went to lsi in Tampa and had both issues repaired with minimal invasive surgery and am doing great. Why can't you find a doctor in Texas to do these surgeries?

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I'm hoping that this review will reach many of you deciding on rather back surgery is the answer. If you are, please consider Dr Donald Hilton, MD neurosurgeon. Dr Hilton, I just wanted to thank you and your staff for the excellent service and a tremendous success with my minimally invasive microdiscectomy. After almost a year of or suffering from a L4, L5 broad-based disc protrusion. I am feeling 2000% better. Day 2 post op and no pain, numbness and my post surgical pain is 0 to 1 on a numeric pain scale of up to 10. My issues with the broad-based protrusion was not lower back, but due to my genetic and narrowing of my central canal I development severe central canal stenosis with neurogenic claudication. Neurogenic claudication is exacerbated with standing and walking, symptoms included lower bilateral extremity pain. The pain caused bilateral calve muscle to cramps, deep gluteal pain, and Knots developed down both sides along the nerve track. Worst of all, both feet would go completely numb just with 10min of standing or walking. I would constantly have to sit or bend or lean forward to open up the central canal and re-establish circulation. I am a medical scientist for a biotech company and travel is 90% of my occupation across the US. Traveling was an absolute misery and basic daily activities become very cumbersome. In a year of torture, I tried all conservative therapies which included 6 corticosteroid epidural injections, acupuncture, physical therapy, chiropractic care, non-surgical spinal decomposition, inversion table, NSAID s(Mobic), cymbalta for neuropathic pain, Voltarn cream, TENs unit for electrical muscle stimulation, twice daily stretches / yoga with hard roller, daily lacrosse ball targeted tissue release, interventional pain management with needling to knots in piriformis. All these therapies had minimal relief at best. Frustrated and depressed I began considering surgery. I saw various surgeons both in state and out. Many said I was not a surgical candidate based on my MRI, but my symptoms were very profound. I had two supine MRIs and finally one sitting MRI that was showed central canal stenosis. After much research into the surgery and physicians capable of performing minimally invasive. I was referred by many to consult Dr Hilton. Dr Hilton is one of the best in the nation and has not only preformed more than 6,000 surgeries, he has published and nationally speaks and is one of the leading pioneers in his field. Dr Hilton is not only clinically sound, but has excellent bedside manners and truly cares about his patients. The office staff are friendly and always willing to help and Dr Hilton's nurse, Wendy is top notch. She is always contacting me with updates and following up. I can honestly say I was very terrified of back surgery regardless of the type, but Dr Hilton is an expert in his field. My procedure lasted on only about 40min and I was walking pain and numbness free that same day, post surgical. I'm only on my second day post op and I feel 2000% better. I'm optimistic on a speedy recovery based on my progression. Dr Hilton has given me my life back, I haven't felt this much joy in a very longtime. I'm only 38 years old and I don't recommend anyone to suffer. If your at the end of your rope as I was, I encourage you to see Dr Hilton. My overall experience far surpassed my expectations, not only from Dr Hilton, but all of his staff. Dr Hilton, office staff and Wendy, from the bottom of my heart I truly thank you!! God bless you all for giving me my life back, I'm truly grateful and so very thankful. Sincerely, Mauricio

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I'm hoping that this review will reach many of you deciding on rather back surgery is the answer. If you are, please consider Dr Donald Hilton, MD neurosurgeon. Dr Hilton, I just wanted to thank you and your staff for the excellent service and a tremendous success with my minimally invasive microdiscectomy. After almost a year of or suffering from a L4, L5 broad-based disc protrusion. I am feeling 2000% better. Day 2 post op and no pain, numbness and my post surgical pain is 0 to 1 on a numeric pain scale of up to 10. My issues with the broad-based protrusion was not lower back, but due to my genetic and narrowing of my central canal I development severe central canal stenosis with neurogenic claudication. Neurogenic claudication is exacerbated with standing and walking, symptoms included lower bilateral extremity pain. The pain caused bilateral calve muscle to cramps, deep gluteal pain, and Knots developed down both sides along the nerve track. Worst of all, both feet would go completely numb just with 10min of standing or walking. I would constantly have to sit or bend or lean forward to open up the central canal and re-establish circulation. I am a medical scientist for a biotech company and travel is 90% of my occupation across the US. Traveling was an absolute misery and basic daily activities become very cumbersome. In a year of torture, I tried all conservative therapies which included 6 corticosteroid epidural injections, acupuncture, physical therapy, chiropractic care, non-surgical spinal decomposition, inversion table, NSAID s(Mobic), cymbalta for neuropathic pain, Voltarn cream, TENs unit for electrical muscle stimulation, twice daily stretches / yoga with hard roller, daily lacrosse ball targeted tissue release, interventional pain management with needling to knots in piriformis. All these therapies had minimal relief at best. Frustrated and depressed I began considering surgery. I saw various surgeons both in state and out. Many said I was not a surgical candidate based on my MRI, but my symptoms were very profound. I had two supine MRIs and finally one sitting MRI that was showed central canal stenosis. After much research into the surgery and physicians capable of performing minimally invasive. I was referred my many to consult Dr Hilton. Dr Hilton is one of the best in the nation and has not only preformed more than 6,000 surgeries, he has published and nationally speaks and is one of the leading pioneers in his field. Dr Hilton is not only clinically sound, but has excellent bedside manners and truly cares about his patients. The office staff are friendly and always willing to help and Dr Hilton's nurse, Wendy is top notch. She is always contacting me with updates and following up. I can honestly say I was very terrified of back surgery regardless of the type, but Dr Hilton is an expert in his field. My procedure lasted on about 40min and I was walking pain and numbness free that same day, post surgical. I'm only on my second day post op and I feel 2000% better. I'm optimistic on a speedy recovery based on my progression. Dr Hilton has given me my life back, I haven't felt this much joy in much a very longtime. I'm only 38 years old and I don't recommend anyone to suffer. If your at the end of your rope as I was, I encourage you to see Dr Hilton. My overall experience far surpassed my expectations not only from Dr Hilton but all of his staff. Dr Hilton, office staff and Wendy, from the bottom of my heart I truly thank you!! God bless you all for giving me my life back, I'm truly grateful and so very thankful. Sincerely, Mauricio

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Had an excellent experience with Dr. Hilton , and his staff . I had micro diskectomy after suffering disk herniation - the surgery changed my life ! Many thanks to Dr. Hilton for his expertise . Also his nurse Wendy is awesome and super helpful !

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Great staff, very patient in explaining the procedure. A very nice and humble man, who has accomplished much in life. Thanks You, for my bilateral lamiontomy. I feel much better, and fortunate to have you do the surgery.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Back in July 2014 GP ordered an MRI for my lower right back and leg pain/ sciatica. It showed a bulging disc L5S1. I was in excruciating pain, I couldn't drive without crying or even put on my clothes. The only thing that was helping a bit was diclofenac 75 mg and putting a pillow under my belly to lie down. Dr. Donald Hilton was highly recommend by people I know. I had a microdiscectomy this past Friday and I'm pain free. All that is left is a small incision in my lower back, no staples just glue. I am forever grateful to Dr. Hilton and his team for helping me live a normal life again. People who don't know what it is like living with this pain will try to tell you to look for another alternative. You shouldn't have to suffer anymore. It's the best decision you can make for yourself.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr.. Hilton changed my life. I am a professional flamenco dancer that had a devastating back injury that resulted in severely herniated discs on my L4 and L5/S1. I was confined to a wheelchair unable to walk, much less able to dance. At only 34 years old, I thought this was going to be my life. Two other surgeons reviewed my case and all told me I would be unable to ever dance again. I went to Dr. Hilton, and he said he believed he could help me. The day I went into surgery I was in agony and unable to even walk into the hospital. When I woke up from surgery the pain was gone. I was up and walking within two hours of surgery. Two days later I was up and walking the San Antonio Riverwalk. I am now 6 months out from surgery and I am back to dancing professionally full time! Dr. Hilton gave me my life back when others said they couldn't. I will be forever grateful to him and his wonderful staff. Dr. Hilton's nurse Wendy was wonderful! I highly recommend Dr. Hilton. He's the BEST!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

8 minute consultation,no mri and operated three weeks later,miimum invasion which did not allow for proper cleaning of spurs on back,was in excruciating pain for ten years after,wanted to committ suicide several times and no money to find out why i was in so much pain,finaly got ins and found out many mistakes this doctor did,thanks to my second doctor he saved my life.

Submitted September 11, 2013

Dr. Hilton performed minimially invasive surgery on my back to remove a cyst between the L4 and L5. He has performed surgery on about 5 family members and friends and we all think he's the very best!!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. Hilton performed a neck fusion on me ten years ago. It fully eliminated my neck, back and arm pain. I also retained my full range of motion. I was back to work within 2 weeks wearing a neck brace. Dr. Hilton is professional, knowledgeable and kind. I have recommended him to several people and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

Dr. Donald L. Hilton's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1988)