Ratings for Dr. Unaiza Hayat

I do not recommend her. 1st visit: she appeared to be diligent at getting to the bottom of my medical issues. I told her I had asthma and had already gone to a board certified allergist and completed numerous diagnostic tests. She insisted on doing her own tests. She said my next visit would include a test where I ran in place in the office, so I dressed accordingly. 2nd visit: she passed me off to her PA. The PA told me to run around the building in my nice clothes in the middle of the afternoon in a HOT day. Very irresponsible. I approached the office, I see the doctor slip in through the back! What the...? Then the PA lectured me on how to take my asthma meds that I've been taking for years. Very condescending. Their "test" concluded that I have asthma (DUH) and it is aggravated during exercise on a hot day (MORE DUHS). I vehemently complained about this waste of time and $$. Then she released me from her "care"/spa money maker. Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

I would recommend Dr. Hayat if you are looking for a knowledgeable medical female doctor who has a passion for seeking out the best care for her patients. She has great bedside manner and makes you feel like you are her only patient. There is never more than a 10-15 minute before she sees you. The staff is very friendly and helpful! Make an appt. today!!! You won't be sorry!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

Dr. Hayat and Dr. Ali have both been extremely caring with knowledge as how to recommend the right prescription.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

I decided to look for a new primary physician because I wanted a wellness center that was particularly attentive to all aspects of my health. The staff at Avecinia Wellness, Dr. Hayat, and her PA, Allee Kunkel, have exceeded my expectations. I always have a secure feeling that they are my partners in watching out for my health and what I need to stay fit. And, I can always leave an email if I need additional information. The instructions for my care are clear. I have a copy of the 'plan' and my next appointment when I leave the office. Some tests and procedures are done right at the center, meaning I don't have to make further appointments elsewhere. The center just gets better and better!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

I have had multiple visits at this office. Every time I had an excellent experience. Dr. Hayat is very caring and knowledgeable and the entire staff is very sweet and welcoming. They really take care of their patients and show care about every concern you might have. I highly recommend Avecinia Wellness Center.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

This office and physician were complete jokes, they hindered my health care more than helped me. She guessed at my health using inaccurate lab result inferances while never did she address my injury of torn muscles. She wouldn't admit she wasn't qualified to help me with an abdominal tear injury. She is not competent, please don't go to her if you value your health. She is not a Doctor of Medicine.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2011

On a second opinion I found a completely differend diagnosis which was later confirmed. Poor clinical knowledge and the bills continue to come for a useless office visit. Why do I have to pay not only for the mistake but a complete waste of my time? Office did not agree and is continuing to harass me with bills and letters. Thanks Dr. Hayat!!! should've spent 5 minutes to read your online reviews!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Always good. Once, when she felt she needed to get me started on antibiotics for an infection, she wrote a prescription after taking a sample. As I was driving away from my pharmacy, she called me on my cell and told me to take those back. She'd expedited the tests and had phoned in a better targeted, more powerful antibiotic for me. This was in the middle of her workday, just past noon. I feel like I'm in good hands with her.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

Both myself and my 2 daughters go to Dr. Hayat. I feel she and her office staff and caring and helpful. We really like her PA Ali Kunkle. I feel she really takes an interest in her patients and is very thorough.She has even called me at home when I was sick to check up on me. She is a great internist. I rarely wait over 10 minutes in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

Dr. Unaiza Hayat's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)