Ratings for Dr. Peter Huang

Im also about to have surgery with this Dr Peter Huang but scared now

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Terrible Doctor. Don't go! Just there to make money.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

If there was anything good to say about this clinic it is that the staff try. However Dr Haung, is in my opinion, a hazard to the community. He performed a monstrous cataract surgery on my mother, and had we not gone to here in Calgary, to correct his work, she would be blind. She had the other eye cataract done with the surgeon who corrected Dr. Huang's work, and it was perfect. Do not go to this doctor, if you value your vision. I am shocked he is still operating and I fear for the sight of others that he may do so in the future. Protect your sight, choose another surgeon. Please.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I've seen Peter for 20+ years for glaucoma. I've had 5 surgeries that have totally stabilized my glaucoma, plus on cataract. The surgery was painless and the recovery unremarkable. He continue to do followup testing to ensure there is no degradation of my condition. My only complaint is that it can take a LONG time to get the results of tests.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

My wife went to this doctor for an Eye surgery because she had a lesion which needed to be removed in her eye. The doctor had his resident do the surgery who poked her eye three times. Dr. Huang spent a total of 5 seconds with my wife. He did not give any description of the procedure or what to expect. When she tried to ask him questions he did not care for her questions and just left. Absolutely irresponsible and careless physician who has no respect for his patients. We have never seen such poor patient care and I am a resident physician myself. Our only mistake was that we completely trusted our family doctor with the referral and did not research this butcher of a doctor. My wife's lesion came back and got even worse. I implore all of you to not make the same mistake we made and find a different ophthalmologist .

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr.Peter Huang and his staff is awesome,I give them 5 stars.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

my mom received no documents or eye drops and was told to go home after surgery. She was told she was going to get a copy of the waiver, but not even that was given to her. After she came home she had searing pain and we had no contact or documents of post surgery symptoms to expect. She told me she was treated swiftly and the appointment was very rushed.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

If you value your sight, or your mothers and are scheduled for a basic cataract surgery, cancel it. I wouldn't let him put mascara on my eyes, let alone come near them with a scalpel. I wish we had known then what we do now. Vision and sight are just too important for life quality. Don't take chances with it. If the rating had a "run" button I would click it.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Well Served for the past twenty years. No Complaints only Praises.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

6 years ago my dear friend went to see this dr. She had swelling around 1 eye, not both, and he put her on antibiotics, and did some blood tests. Did not follow up with any results. Wanted her to come in in November after an initial July appt. The swelling did not go down, so she went to a walk-in clinic, where a wonderful MD sent her urgently to another ophthalmologist, who sent her for further testing and a biopsy. She had cancer in her tear duct and went through chemo, a 17 hour surgery, and radiation to go into remission for the past 5 years. If it was up to PH, she would have died long ago. He an irresponsible physician who doesn't seem to take responsibility for the knowledge he supposedly has. Run far, far away! I can't emphasize this enough. Ask your family dr for a referral to someone else. I have also seen him and he seemed more interested in getting his brother to give me allergy shots than caring for my eye issue.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016