You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Peter Huang

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I have seen Dr. Peter Haung for about eight years now. I Couldn't believe the negative feedback I was reading below. My family have a history of severe Glaucoma and other mecular degeneration deseases. When I first saw Dr. Haung he listened very intently,did a complete eye exam, found cataracks

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I would NEVER recommend this doctor and pointedly informed my family doctor why. It is fine to diagnose but when asked about next possible steps is it appropriate to simply, rudely, repeat the diagnosis? Very poor social skills. Obviously, this person does not care about solving patients' concerns. Sub pathetic service.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Assembly line, over crowded, spend few seconds for each patient, rude, botched surgery, poor post surgery care, doesn't care about you. He is there just for money

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

cataract surgery was botched-lens put in incorrectly which he said would improve over time he kept saying this until I could not see properly and he continued to deny anything was wrong so I had to find a specialist to correct things, as a result of Huang's mistake I lost the capsule in my eye and a new lens had to be applied to the back of the iris. Thank goodness I found a specialist to help me after months of suffering.

Submitted October 22, 2015

I just saw this doctor today and thought he was great. No problems at all!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

You've obviously not had any concerns with your eyes if you re saying Dr Peter Huang is anything but inadequate!! Thank goodness he was able to advise you had dry eyes and gave you over the counter drops....was that even worth Alberta Health Care paying for the visit?? Really. Everybody knows Calgary is dry and this affects your skin and eyes. I have seen him for several years, it was fine when there was a check up needed but once something of action was required he failed miserably. Once the problems started his solution was NOTHING but the ability to skirt the issue till I had no option after a year of nothing but to see another specialist. No procedure is perfect but the fact that he cant even take ownership of what hes done and provide valid solutions and options to correct the problems leaves me to wonder why he is still able to practice?!?!?! Please I beg of you, if you need any kind of surgery please go see someone else. I wish someone would have posted something or I would have researched him more prior to letting him touch my eyes. Now Im left with horrible pain and poor sight in one eye. Im hoping that the new specialists Im going to see (And I will be getting more than one opinion for certain) will be able to help me see even a bit better. Yes he is short in how he speaks, he is short when you ask several question- I mean its your eyes shouldnt you have the right to ask questions prior to a procedure?!?!?! Pleae dot be fooled by his comments of Ive hone thousands of these surgeries...quantity is certainly not quality!!!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I went to see Dr. Huang and he was not as dismissive as other people have mentioned below. He was thorough although didn't take up unnecessary time. His diagnosis was on point and didn't waste my money. My eyes were foggy and I've never experienced this before, but he let me know that I had severe dry eyes due to the weather here in Calgary. He prescribed only over the counter eye drops and my eyes have gotten better over time and my vision is 20/20 now. As for the cleanliness issue, I'm not sure if it's cleanliness or if it was not new that people are pointing to below. The premise is dated but everytime I did testing on machinery they disinfected it; which is a direct contradiction to the uncleanliness mentioned below. Not sure if they had different treatment. As for the person who mentions doing Lasik at 16 years old and had issue afterwards, perhaps you should educate yourself on the surgery and not just rely on a doctor. Your body doesn't ever stop changing really, so why would your vision stay stagnant/unchanged due to one surgery? I'm speaking out fairness. Overall, I think Dr. Huang delivers the appropriate care to his patients.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Seems like there were 4 people booked for the same time slot. Waited for over an hour after my appointment time to get in. Dr Huang, could not care less about my reason for coming to see him. He was rude, absent, disinterested, poor attitude towards you and your issue as a patient. I did not trust Dr. Huang with my eyes! Will be definitely cancelling the surgery that was booked for me and going to a different doctor. Overall experience felt very much like an assembly line, disappointed and frustrated. Will absolutely NOT recommend this doctor. You deserve a better treatment from a doctor especially when it comes to your eyes!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Peter Huang's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "OMG!! I am about to have surgery by Dr. Peter Huang and after reading all the comments below I am nervous. Can anyone recommend another doctor? "

May 18, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Peter Haung for about eight years now. I Couldn't believe the negative feedback I was reading below. My family have a history of severe Glauc..."

May 18, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I would NEVER recommend this doctor and pointedly informed my family doctor why. It is fine to diagnose but when asked about next possible steps is it appropria..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Assembly line, over crowded, spend few seconds for each patient, rude, botched surgery, poor post surgery care, doesn't care about you. He is there just for mon..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Terrible, rude, unhelpful, not interested of patient after his Assembly line surgery. Botched surgery. Poor post surgery care. Avoid this guy"

November 19, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "cataract surgery was botched-lens put in incorrectly which he said would improve over time he kept saying this until I could not see properly and he continued t..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I just saw this doctor today and thought he was great. No problems at all! "

June 1, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "You've obviously not had any concerns with your eyes if you re saying Dr Peter Huang is anything but inadequate!! Thank goodness he was able to advise you had ..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr. Huang and he was not as dismissive as other people have mentioned below. He was thorough although didn't take up unnecessary time. His diagn..."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Seems like there were 4 people booked for the same time slot. Waited for over an hour after my appointment time to get in. Dr Huang, could not care less about ..."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Poor after operation care, bad eye operation service, rude. unclean premise. dismissal with questions. arrogant. poor quality older equipment. money oriented. A..."

March 8, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Unfortunately I cannot post this without rating all so I went with the lowest score, however, I cannot make an honest rating on his helpfulness or knowedge as I..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Had an appointment today at 9:15 Got into see him right away but he get a phone call and left the exam room. I waited 20 minutes and he still didn't return. I h..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Steer clear of this Dr.!! Calgarians !!!!!!!!!! He gave me Garasone for an infected ear !!! This eardrop is not meant for a perforated eardrum !!!!! The sca..."

October 21, 2014