Ratings for Dr. Rowan Scott

Dr Scott is the most caring and empathic psychiatrist I have met. I have a dual diagnosis of a mood disorder and addiction. Dr Scott has stuck with me through multiple relapses and poor choices on my part that would give him every right to fire me as his patient. But he has been like a father figure to me as I never really had one. He does counselling and medication if needed but has always let me have a say in things. Childhood trauma I didn't even know I had he helped me uncover and while very scary and difficult he was right there supporting me through the processing of it. He is old school pen and paper and answers messages usually the same day. Can not ask for a better man.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Dr. Scott is amazing. He is always willing to spend as much time as you need with him. He never rushes you and is incredibly understanding. He offers great advice and ideas. He is very easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Scott is kind to an extent that is almost inhuman. He has provided the most detailed and thorough care for me over the past five years. He has taken on extra responsibilities in relation to my psychiatric health that no other psychiatrist has ever entertained. I suffered from extreme PTSD from multiple sexual traumas. His advice on how to handle conflict and stress have saved my life as well as many of my personal relationships. I'm finally sleeping, anxiety free (most of the time), no longer depressed, he diagnosed my raging ADHD, etc. He succeeded where other psychiatrists have failed terribly and I wouldn't be alive today had he not taken me on as a patient.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Great doctor. Very knowledgeable and gives serious consideration towards mental health.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

A good doctor almost like a best friend. Seems to have an inexhaustible patience for which I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

I saw him several years and was a patient for 2-3 years. I can't speak highly enough of his skills, compassion, and effectiveness. He helped me with life threatening depression and anxiety that had plagued me for many years, and helped me get myself on the path to the happy and productive life I now have. I will forever be grateful that my GP steered me to him and that I had the benefit of his assistance.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

Dr. Scott is always on time and always pleasant. He has definitely helped me overcome issues I was dealing with. I like his straightforward manner, he treats me with respect and tries at all times to guide me to my own solutions. I like him very much and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

Insightful, caring, knowledgeable, prescribes effective therapy. One of the best.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2011

I have been seeing this doctor for over 14 years and he has saved my life and had me steered in the right direction. I saw a psychiatrist previously that nearly killed me with his prescription pad! He has a knew why of treating patients, listening! I love that he is teaching the next generation to be far more active in the therapy.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

He was very unhelpful and lacks knowledge to help individuals

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010