Ratings for Dr. Dante R. Burgos

Staff has no communication with Dr. Burgos, and their communication to get back to the patient is even worse.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Rush patients in and out so quick there should be a turnstile on the front door. Only saw Dr. Burgos once as my child's condition worsened. P.A.s didn't help and sure did not listen. It seems like the $ is all that is important. Thank God we found a doctor who actually sees us and listens! Carmen in the accounting office is rude and a terrible person to deal with.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

I love him. I think he is great. He cares. I can't believe that there is such a caring person out there that does not care about the money but about the patient. He is amazing. Worth waiting in the rain for if I had to. He really is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

My pediatrician recommended Dr. Burgos. He did what we wanted him to do, diagnose and treat anxiety disorder in my child. Yes she is on medication, however, they recommended a psychologist as well for therapy. They work with my child's counselor to meet my child's needs. My child is on the right track thanks to this one/two duo. I'm very grateful to them for diagnosing a problem that a previous psychologist insisted was "strong will and blatant disobedience". Sometimes medication IS the right course.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

My son has been going to Dr. Burgos since 2005. We see is NP Madoka about every 6 weeks and Burgos about every 4 months. I truly love their office and have followed them to McKinney. madoka is very good and talking with my son to figure out if he needs a med change or an attitude/perception adjustment. At 16, this is a hard thing to do. She is fabulous. Dr. Burgos always recognizes my son and asks him how he's doing if we run in to me. The only issue I have ever had was with Emily in billing. I now refuse to deal with her. She is extremely rude. You always pay first before seeing the doctor. Suddenly I had a $20 past due amount that was a year old. She didn't return my, or her offices, calls for 3 days and then cancelled my appointment because I hadn't paid the balance. When I rescheduled my appointment I gave them quite an earful. Next appointment I was told that it had been taken care of and they were very apologetic. My son and I love this doctor and his nurse practioners!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

Good service, prompt. The normal pattern is to see the Doc first, then a Nurse/Practitioner for a few visits, then the Doc again, then repeat. Dr. Burgos is excellent and the NP with whom I've worked is great as well. They are quick, but they listen.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

not only are they unprofessional but make sure you stay away from the billing clerk Emily...she has outright hung up on me, told off my insurance company and refused to take messages when I needed to speak with Madoka, she is clueless as to the kinds of patients that walk throught that door, she has a mouth like a truck driver and Dr. B and Madoka are well aware of it. Pulled myself and my son out didn't need the abuse, the scary thing is we were paying them everytime we walked through the doors.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

I have been going to see Dr. Burgos and his nurse for several years and actually followed them from Dallas. His nurse Vicki was able to help me when no one else could. I have been free from depression for 5 years and am thankful every single day of my life for finding them. I have never been rushed or felt like they were not listening. My son has also been to his other nurse and has been doing great on his medication. He went from failing to passing in 4 months.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

Not the doc for you if you'd like to talk through your issues and/or want a shoulder to cry on. However, he's respected among peers for being a good psychopharmacologist (good at finding the best drug(s) for your needs). I found this to be true in my own treatment. I also think he's a nice guy and a good doc. I changed to a different dr. because I needed someone willing to give me more of his or her time. I have recommended him to other, less "emotional" people I know. He'd also be super helpful if you're trying to tweak your meds or you're unhappy with your meds for some reason.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

Dante Burgos truly is a farse and I thoroughly believe that he is only in it for the money. I have experienced what other reviewers claimed myself firsthand. Rushed in the door, handed a bag of "the drug of the month" (whatever the pharmceutical companies are pusing for...it's really all about money)and then you are rushed right out the door. Believe it or not I believe he was having a relationship with his nurse practitioner (r whatever she was) and I had to see her one time. She was so rude and hurtful - accusing me of ridiculous things (I truly believe she was messed up on some of her prescriptions) that we had an altercation (nothing physical!) as I left as we were getting quite loud. I was so mad (I was, afterall, the PATIENT ..She was sooo unprofessional I just don't even have words to describe the fiasco- Later I was notified- (after spending YEARS trying to find answers and HELP for my depression working with burgos!!)by LETTER from him hat I could no longer be his patient?

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

Dr. Dante R. Burgos's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)