Ratings for Dr. Michael Perchinsky

I constantly read reviews where people complain about bed side manner or he doesnt like being touched, OMG, what I look for in a doctor his someone who is amoung the best in his field, he takes the time in detail to explain what is wrong with you and what he and his team can and r can not do for you. I admire a doctor who can be professional and honest. Michael Perchinsky is one of the best in his field and the team that he has selected are the best of the best. Just home from open heart surgery and all I have to say is, thank you Michael and thank you to your team, I would recommend him in a heart beat 😍

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

He is the best...speaks openly and honestly...and very skilled and knowledgeable...underneath his serious demeanour he has a dry sense of humour which was much appreciated

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Dr Perchinsky is an extraordinary surgeon with an excellent team. He is skillful, informative, and focused on his incredible work. Words cannot express our gratitude to him and his team of doctors and nurses for the care they give on a daily basis, they turned a frightening situation into a successful experience. Bless each and every one of them.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I find this Dr to be very rude. Good Doc but maybe think about how you talk to people. Just cause your a doc doesn't mean you are any better than anyone else, lose the attitude.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. Perchinsky and his team performed open heart surgery on my son Nov 9th, 2016. Both he and his anesthesiologist were very open and honest while explaining his surgery and condition . Dr. Perchinsky was very humble and appreciative of his team. Sadly, it did not have a good outcome. But through all 17 hours in surgery they tried everything possible to save him. They were most compassionate and sympathetic to myself and my family. So often we here of poor bedside manner but this was most definitely not the case in our experience. Our hearts are shattered but we will always be grateful for Dr. Perchinsky and his team. Judy Halpenny

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

I Love the Quadra Vilage Medical Clinic. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my health. They are the one who referred me to this livesaving doc. Thank you for the second lease on life.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Cold , he hated to be touched. I feel sorry for people that hate to be touched , truly sorry! He interrupted me a couple of times, I had questions----"-we will get to that latter." He had no personality, cold ,cold!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr. Perchinsky recently did a triple bypass on me. I was incredibly scared as this was unexpected. His confidence and demeanor calmed me down incredibly. I am very fortunate to have had this man to save my life, and will be ever in his debt. Althea Vermaas

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Best treatment ever! Dr. Perchinsky repaired two failed valves in my wife's heart, after all indicators showed replacement valves were the only option. Saved her from a lifetime of blood thinners, for which we are so grateful. Nice guy, too. He explained everything really well too, then just before the operation, he had her laughing and relaxing. That's top drawer care in my view. Dave Davies

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Perchinsky was called in for a surgical consultation on my mother this past spring. She had been admitted into the CCU with congestive heart failure and possible heart attack. She has severe coronary artery disease as well as a host of other ailments so unfortunately, she was not considered a candidate for surgery. Fortunately, we met with my mother's lovely cardiologist in the hallway prior to Dr. Perchinsky's unpleasant visit who informed us that her condition would only be medically managed. Dr. Perchinsky walked in and bluntly informed us that my mother was not a candidate for surgery. He then went on to belittle my mother about her lifestyle choices. "How long did you smoke?" "How long does it take you to walk a kilometre because most people your age take about 20 minutes to walk that far." He then went on to explain how successful he was. "It's not that we don't do surgeries. We do approximately 600? surgeries a year and we pride ourselves in determining who is a suitable candidate." Upon hearing all of this negativity, my niece asked him "So now that you've told us everything that you can't do, can you tell us what you are going to do?" to which he replied, "That's up to your mother's cardiologist". And then he thankfully left. NOTE: All quotes are somewhat accurate but they correctly portray the bedside manner of this mere mortal of a man.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015