Ratings for Dr. Z. Jast

Please someone tell me is it possible to change a family doctor in Quebec? How? Dr Jast has never sent me to any specialist when i have needed one. I have to go to Emergency in order to be sent to a specialist. Or ask for an appointment in a walking clinic. He seems to not care for his patients at all and is very negligent. And the worst thing is that I can't apply to be in a waiting list for a family doctor because I already "have" one.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Je me demande s'il a encore les capacités et l'intérêt pour continuer d'exercer sa profession... il est très négligeant...

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

A very good doctor, experienced and thus efficient. He dealt quickly with my long-term health issue thanks to his quick and accurate diagnosis. Appreciated.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Apparently i have to go see a psychologist for my back pain... Really?????

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Dr Jast is suppose to be my family Doctor, but when the clinic where I used to see him closed, nobody got in touch with me to tell me! On top of this, I found him but he didn't even dare to bring my file with him at the new clinic. What kind of family Doctor does that? Not to mention the failed he has on following after my first pregnancy. My OB-G asked him to take the relay on some problems I had and he just didn't. I did it my self with the CLSC.

Submitted May 5, 2016

He's not a bad doctor if your ailment is well defined and tangible, for example an injury that's visible or a torn ligament that can be confirmed by feel. When there's an obvious course of action to be taken, he'll act quickly. I have had certain treatments performed on the spot which would ordinarily have been booked for a later appointment. He's also cooperated when I've gone to him for things like specialist referrals. That said, I think it would be a nightmare to go to him with a more internal ailment requiring lab tests and detective work. He doesn't offer a lot of ideas or try to explain how things work for the patient's benefit. He also creates an atmosphere where I feel like I need to 'build a case' before I go see him... if I walk in without having done my own research first, it's likely that I'll list off some symptoms and he'll just look at me like "What do you want me to do about it?"

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I Find him exceent he has been my family doctor for along time and the staff have never been rude I appreciate him very much Fortune Riley

flag | Submitted January 5, 2013

I was glad that I found a family doctor but now I have changed my mind completely,he is rude and unprofessional.I went to see him because I had pain in my ear and throat and he said it's nothing maybe it's a muscle and that maybe I need physiotherapy.I went to see another doctor and it came out I have throat cancer.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Au début j'étais content de finalement avoir un docteur de famille, mais quelle déception. Je vais le voir pour un mal à l'abdomen et il me prescrit des médicaments pour personnes qui souffre de la Maladie de Crohn avec d'effet secondaires et une dépendance. Je retourne le voir et il m'insulte parce que je prends pas sa médecine. Un des pires docteurs de montréal et je comprends pourquoi. Deux docteurs plus tard on fini par me diagnostiquer une constipation chronique, on est loin de la maladie de Crohn.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012