Ratings for Dr. J. David Naysmith

Dr. Naysmith is an incredible surgeon, likely in the top 1% worldwide. His team is nothing short of exceptional, thank you Carla and Diane and the wonderful staff at Victoria Surgery. I came to Dr. Naysmith initially to repair some devastating damage to my buttocks from Iron injections. He is very thorough and realistic in his approach. We decided on a fat graft to the buttock area. I went in with the knowledge that some of the fat will die and be absorbed by the body. The fat I received was harvested via lipo to my back, hips and thighs. We did not have allot of fat to work with. Dr. Naysmith did a perfectly symmetrical lipo and fat graft. All of the fat survived because of his skill level. Considering the excellent job he did and the praise he receives from his staff on his skill I booked a consult with him to review options for two completely botched rhinoplasties I received 20 years ago in Winnipeg. Each year I would consider surgeons that could possibly fix it but none could offer a track record I was comfortable with. Again, Dr. Naysmith was very realistic and we both knew the risks of him taking on another doctors work. I was expecting to have the major issues resolved and have something not completely horrific that I could live with. After the surgery he called me the next day to tell me how happy he was with how it went - this is really important when you can't see what it looks like! He has such a warm bedside manner. After the cast came off I saw the most perfect nose I have ever seen. It is 100% natural, straight and soft looking. It does not look like a revision surgery! He listened to what I wanted and truly brought my whole face together. Every day I wake up is like a fantasy. I truly cannot believe this is my face. Dr. Naysmith is changing lives through his meticulous approach to reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. He is a truly talented, understanding and special man.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I also had a wonderful experience with Dr. Neysmith and the staff. Diane is a great help and a lovely person. I'm up and at it a day after the tummy tuck and lipo and feel great. I see a difference already even with a binder on and some swelling. The Victoria Surgery where I had my surgery was also great (thank you Mary!)

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I had a wonderful consultation with Dr. Naysmith. He was very professional, knowledgable, and provided me with a great deal of education. His was very personable and pleasant as well. I had called and left a message last year for a consultation and didn't hear back. I called again and had a response right away.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

I had a horrible experience with Neysmith and his incompetent, unprofessional staff. Had rhinoplasty with him and had concerns with the way it ended up healing: a little crooked in one spot on the bridge, a hump left on the bridge, and wide at the tip still. Dr Naysmith was completely dismissive of me and none of his staff ever bothered to follow up with me afterward whatsoever. Definitely wish I had chosen another surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I have to agree with the terrible staff. The rudest, coldest, laziest receptionist I have ever dealt with. Its impossible to get through and no one ever returns your messages. He seemed very nice.

Submitted September 11, 2015

After having two very large babies, my tummy definitely needed help. It took a lot of guts on my part as I was nervous about it. Dr. Naysmith was incredibly supportive as was his staff. Years later I am still proud of my flat stomach. When my face started to sag (it's genetics for some of us more than others right?!) I decided to save up my money and return to Dr. Naysmith. I went for the whole thing, eyes, lift, neck lift and chin implant as I had a receding chin. For the first time I looked at my profile and was so amazed... Again, years later and while I need a tweak on my sagging cheeks, I am still very pleased that I did it. Scarring was minimal and I was pretty stunned with how fast I recovered. Surgery is always a risk and it should be carefully considered but when genetics fails us - I think it is something to consider. I have had fraxels done for the hands and neck (different doctor) to maintain but I know I will revisit Dr. Naysmith - I don't think there is a better doctor out there!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Naysmith was absolutely amazing dealing with the dog bite to my face. After 2+ years of living with ugly scars and being unable to breathe through my nose, I finally feel better about my appearance and can breathe again. He was very patient and explained everything to me in great detail. Couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. Nor could I have asked for better staff. Diane was wonderful and gentle. Carla was so sweet, compassionate, humorous and accommodating. The care I received from the staff at Victoria Surgery was beyond my expectations. They were incredible. There are not enough words to express how grateful I am to all of them for making this a great experience for me. I would highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I wanted a consultation with this Lovely Doctor,couldn't get one ,I think the receptionist is very rude and patronizing,called last October for an apiontment,she said there wasn't one until after Christmas,I said that's fine,then she went to say don't have his schedule ,I asked could she please call me the moment they have it,she said she would,she didn't of course !! Called back so many times and left messages ,finally got through end of January,she told me in a patronizing way she did not have the right number for me,can any one believe that ?I left it at least Six times.....she is horable !! Since I gone with another surgeon,hope he will be as good as doctor Naysmith,loss of business for them,wonder if the Doctor is aware of his rude patronizing receptionist ??

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

One week post op after a facelift, I'd like to add my comments....... I think everyone has to take responsibility for their own behavious and communication style. If one goes with a good intention and gives out that goodness and kindness, that is what one receives in return. I CAN NOT say enough about the wonderful, amazing team of Dr. Naysmith, the nurse Diane, the receptionist Carla and the staff at Victoria Surgery. I agree with all the positive comments below regarding Dr. Naysmith's personal approach, his caring and his expertise. Likewise for Diane and Carla. You have made a somewhat unsure decision on my part, a very positive experience and I thank you.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. J. David Naysmith's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Naysmith is an incredible surgeon, likely in the top 1% worldwide. His team is nothing short of exceptional, thank you Carla and Diane and the wonderful sta..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I also had a wonderful experience with Dr. Neysmith and the staff. Diane is a great help and a lovely person. I'm up and at it a day after the tummy tuck and li..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a wonderful consultation with Dr. Naysmith. He was very professional, knowledgable, and provided me with a great deal of education. His was very personabl..."

December 5, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a horrible experience with Neysmith and his incompetent, unprofessional staff. Had rhinoplasty with him and had concerns with the way it ended up healing:..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have to agree with the terrible staff. The rudest, coldest, laziest receptionist I have ever dealt with. Its impossible to get through and no one ever returns..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After having two very large babies, my tummy definitely needed help. It took a lot of guts on my part as I was nervous about it. Dr. Naysmith was incredibly sup..."

August 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Naysmith was absolutely amazing dealing with the dog bite to my face. After 2+ years of living with ugly scars and being unable to breathe through my nose, ..."

July 17, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V8R 6T9". Address has been updated from "None" to "3066 Shelbourne Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12505925510".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I wanted a consultation with this Lovely Doctor,couldn't get one ,I think the receptionist is very rude and patronizing,called last October for an apiontment,sh..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One week post op after a facelift, I'd like to add my comments....... I think everyone has to take responsibility for their own behavious and communication sty..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Naysmith was wonderful as was his nurse Dianne.. Highly recommended... Five stars all the way for everything"

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a BA back in Feb 2014, and Dr.Naysmith is incredible! He is super knowledgeable and has an excellent bed side manner (I was very nervous/emotional about t..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a breast augmentation with Dr Naysmith and was so pleased with the entire team! His receptionist Carla is so helpful and kind, his nurse Diane is very kno..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Naysmith is a gem. I had surgery with another surgeon in his office (also wonderful) and Dr Naysmith helped with post surgery concerns with kindness. His bed..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My rhinoplasty turned out perfectly with Dr. Naysmith. I had no bruising post surgery. He is very knowledgeable and personable. The experience I had with him..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Naysmith performed surgery on my son's finger after a nasty break while playing basketball. He was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and had a great way of ..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "He was great, but I agree on his staff. The receptionist (perhaps the same "nurse" referred to in Sept. 6th comment) was nasty. She was rude and difficult to co..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Naysmith was wonderful. I felt safe to have him perform surgery. Sadly, I couldn't say the same for the nurse. She was horrible; I left in tears and canc..."

September 6, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Naysmith put me at ease totally and was very kind. I would certainly not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a good surgeon."

September 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "David" to "J. David"

April 22, 2012