Ratings for Dr. D.P. Nghiem

When you call...you feel like your disturbing her secretary...if you leave a message twice...the doc will let you know....she has been caring for my mom for 20 some years...I think she should stop practicing, She has changed my mothers (80 years) medication and since my mother is mixed up, shaking and fell....even the pharmacist said to me why did she change it, it was going well. I cannot have a normall conversation with her as she babbles on so fast, i can't put in a word. Anyways....happy when we get another doc!!!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

What can I say more that hasn't been mentioned already in the comments. Dr. Nghiem is very authoritative and if we do not do exactly what she says, she will speak her mind to the point that you feel stupid for even speaking. When we are sick we want to get better, therefore we come see her. The last thing you want when you feel sick is to have her lecture you on your life choices. I'm sure she means well, but I don't think she is quite the same GP as she used to be.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

A nut bar for certain .After just one visit my wife refuses to return. Her behavior by now is legendary . If you seek a challenge every time you see your GP , this ones for you . One needs to be aggressive so as to avoid going sideways or around in circles or you will be out the door with little accomplished and few of your questions answered. You will experience inflated blood pressure each time you visit but this will diminish over the coming days as you try to understand whatever documents she has hand written and sent you home with. You can count on the staff to make you feel certain that you are disturbing them when you call or show up for that appointment . Regardless of your best intentions to be as polite as possible you just know they have been sucking on lemons before their shift. The good news is that its close to home and lots of free parking !

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Her care for me was the most disappointing period I ever experienced over my lifetime; especially as a senior during the 4-5 years of her care for my circulatory and orthopaedic problems. Simply put, she was at the majority of times rude, impatient, inattentive, and condescending. I was routinely scolded in the waiting room and during appointments for not providing blood results (the blood labs said they routinely forward directly to her). I witnessed her yelling at patients in the waiting room. Not once during her care did I receive a head-toe physical. Communications were usually one-sided; my direct answers to her questions were usually cut-off as interruptions…and she subsequently repeated her questions after I gave her brief yet complete answers whenever I could. I am appalled by her bedside manner; I cannot understand how she ever passed patient interaction skills during her residency. I have been with my new GP for 3 months who has enabled a dramatic weight loss and a treatment program that brought back my vitality. Most of all, he listens closely and inspires confidence. I cannot more strongly regret my time with her. I still struggle why I remained with her.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

She is a "nut" case. You never know what to expect when you walk into her office. Either she will be patient with you, or she will be the complete opposite. She will ask you a question, eventhough, you just told her about it. She DOES NOT LISTEN. Let's not even talk about the staff! I have never met such a bunch of RUDE people. Have you ever seen one of them with a smile? Personally, MEVER.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

She spent over an hour with me and went over every detail in my blood tests, something no other doctor has ever done. She was very thorough and I only have good things to say about her. My husband who is diabetic also spent an hour with her and she gave him excellent referrals and follow ups. Called us at home after she had seen him so we knew she had reviewed his file again and offered more solutions.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

She really cares ! I love her ! She calls me with results !

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

After reading the review below, it just irritated me so much I decided to rate Dr. Nghiem. First of all she sees hundreds of patients, and does her best to distinguish them from each other. How can you complain about her, if you don't even know if she's Chinese or Vietnamese? What a stupid comment to make. Clearly you can't make an effort to learn one thing about her, but expect her to know everything about you. Also a 'foot itch' is a waste of time for any doctor. When it comes to your health, you need to be your #1 advocate. You can't go through life expecting things to run smoothly. Things get lost, people misplace them. Next time just bring a copy of your blood work, it saves ANY issues. You're going to lose a whole morning waiting for her, why even risk papers not being there. People need to understand what is important, and what is not worthy of a doctor's time. And stop blaming other people! You need to be ready for everything that may arise.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

disaster is an under-stated word for her. when we met on march 19 she yelled at me for not bring any blood test reports but they already faxed it to her over a week ago. Her `kind staff` lost it or misplaced it. she yelled at me for not bring the results. in addition, i complained about a foot itch and but she could not care less. she did not even look at my foot. there was no prescription given since she had `no time`. she was talking over the phone for 10 minutes and it seemed personal since she was speaking vietnamise or chinese. she asked me about my existing conditions even she has been seeing me since 2010. she is really disorganized. she was to provide a referral for a specialist but i am still waiting. she is impolite. she yelled at me for not my changing address. but i go see them and they told me it will be changed for next time. BUT THIS WAS NOT DONE. I CAN`T DO THEIR JOB FOR THEM. THE MEDICAL SYSTEM SUCKS BUT SO DOES THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK-END. SAVE YOURSELF.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Ive had both experiences with her. Teh good and the bad. The bad is REALLY BAD and more frequent. Seh has been telling me i have bursitis in my hip for the last year, went to see someone else and found I have a tear in my hip and one leg longer than the other as well as a rotated pelvis. I didn't even need to take my coat off in her office (while being yelled at) to be examined. She has been nice in the past, patting on the back etc, but mostly she is a nutcase. I am never seeing her again and writing a letter. I urge you to do the same. http://www.cmq.org/en/public/profil/commun/AProposOrdre/ProcessusDisciplinaire/Enquetes/~/media/Files/Formulaires/formulaire%20demande%20enquete%20ANG.ashx?21303

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013