Ratings for Dr. D.P. Nghiem

I am so frustrated with this doctor, it's not even funny! She is a total waste of time, doesn't know what she is doing and puts her patient's life in danger. I was there yesterday and she was more concerned about screaming at us some stupid 'you're going to die stuff' that she misdiagnosed my son and I had to rush him to the hospital today. He's staying overnight and being observed by real doctors, not this charlatan of a mad woman! Stay away!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

After considerable wait time, one walks out of the office with a pile of prescriptions, referrals and the certainty that death is imminent. Blood pressure is sky-high when taken at her office and normal when taken by the machine she urges us to buy. Reports on blood sampling, MRIs, ultrasounds, mammograms etc. are typically lost, files are not kept electronically, attitude is rude. She hung up on me during a very critical call, and I was left wondering for weeks whether I actually had breast cancer or not. This was the final drop that made me contact the RAMQ in order to get hooked up with a new doctor. I am still waiting and hanging out at clinics in the meantime.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I agree with the previous comenter. In the past year it has become increasingly difficult to interact with Dr Nghiem. In no other profession would someone get away with treating people this way. It takes my family two days to 'talk me down' after every visit.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

This doctor's "best before" date is long past. She definitely should no longer be "practising" medicine and inflicting patients with her arrogance and feckless attitude. I have been visiting this doctor for twenty years and she has always been "difficult", but manageable, however maybe she now has other problems in life or is just burnt out from being a cog in the system for so long, but that's not something that belongs on the shoulders of her patients. She needs to move on, failing which RAMQ should force her out of practice. The office and staff, except for the attached pharmacy, are just as bad. Organizations have personalities and the personalities come from the leader. Nghiem's "personality" and problems have infected the entire clinic. Stay away from this place.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

When you call...you feel like your disturbing her secretary...if you leave a message twice...the doc will let you know....she has been caring for my mom for 20 some years...I think she should stop practicing, She has changed my mothers (80 years) medication and since my mother is mixed up, shaking and fell....even the pharmacist said to me why did she change it, it was going well. I cannot have a normall conversation with her as she babbles on so fast, i can't put in a word. Anyways....happy when we get another doc!!!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

What can I say more that hasn't been mentioned already in the comments. Dr. Nghiem is very authoritative and if we do not do exactly what she says, she will speak her mind to the point that you feel stupid for even speaking. When we are sick we want to get better, therefore we come see her. The last thing you want when you feel sick is to have her lecture you on your life choices. I'm sure she means well, but I don't think she is quite the same GP as she used to be.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

A nut bar for certain .After just one visit my wife refuses to return. Her behavior by now is legendary . If you seek a challenge every time you see your GP , this ones for you . One needs to be aggressive so as to avoid going sideways or around in circles or you will be out the door with little accomplished and few of your questions answered. You will experience inflated blood pressure each time you visit but this will diminish over the coming days as you try to understand whatever documents she has hand written and sent you home with. You can count on the staff to make you feel certain that you are disturbing them when you call or show up for that appointment . Regardless of your best intentions to be as polite as possible you just know they have been sucking on lemons before their shift. The good news is that its close to home and lots of free parking !

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Her care for me was the most disappointing period I ever experienced over my lifetime; especially as a senior during the 4-5 years of her care for my circulatory and orthopaedic problems. Simply put, she was at the majority of times rude, impatient, inattentive, and condescending. I was routinely scolded in the waiting room and during appointments for not providing blood results (the blood labs said they routinely forward directly to her). I witnessed her yelling at patients in the waiting room. Not once during her care did I receive a head-toe physical. Communications were usually one-sided; my direct answers to her questions were usually cut-off as interruptions…and she subsequently repeated her questions after I gave her brief yet complete answers whenever I could. I am appalled by her bedside manner; I cannot understand how she ever passed patient interaction skills during her residency. I have been with my new GP for 3 months who has enabled a dramatic weight loss and a treatment program that brought back my vitality. Most of all, he listens closely and inspires confidence. I cannot more strongly regret my time with her. I still struggle why I remained with her.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

She is a "nut" case. You never know what to expect when you walk into her office. Either she will be patient with you, or she will be the complete opposite. She will ask you a question, eventhough, you just told her about it. She DOES NOT LISTEN. Let's not even talk about the staff! I have never met such a bunch of RUDE people. Have you ever seen one of them with a smile? Personally, MEVER.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

She spent over an hour with me and went over every detail in my blood tests, something no other doctor has ever done. She was very thorough and I only have good things to say about her. My husband who is diabetic also spent an hour with her and she gave him excellent referrals and follow ups. Called us at home after she had seen him so we knew she had reviewed his file again and offered more solutions.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015