Ratings for Dr. J. Steven Cole

Can't even schedule a physical over the phone if his appointment book is not "open" for them since next two months are already booked for physicals. This is the second time this has happened. I see him maybe once a year and getting in is always a hassle. Good doctor but appointment calendar is poorly run. Probably has too many patients. Considering another doctor for this reason.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Dr. Cole's office poorly managed medications provided to my mother which landed us in the hospital for three days. They threw meds at her like it was candy without thinking about how the meds worked together. 11 meds in all he gave her. The meds made her sodium crash out to seizure level and BP was at stroke level. His nurses, PA and him are all ridiculous! We now have a new doctor that at first glance saw the issues with her medication. I would never recommend this doctor or his office.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

It is very frustating to try and get an appt. to see the Doctor. His walk-in clinic is great for the small stuff, but trying to see the Dr. for follow-up or immediate care is next to impossible. I like Dr. Cole and feel he does a great job of chronic/on-going health problems, If You Can Get In To See Him! Access is difficult, at best. Dr. Cole would be my doctor of choice forever if I could schedule an appt. less than 5 weeks out.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

It is difficult to see Dr. Cole himself and I often wind up seeing a physician's assistant. Dr. Cole himself is an excellent, caring, and knowledgeable physician.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr Cole is an excellent physician that I highly recommend. He always takes the time to answer questions and you never feel rushed when in his office. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Having been a patient of Dr. Cole for more than 15 years, I can attest to his knowledge, skills and patient treatment being absolutely superior. When you wait to see a doctor, you would expect it to be because of patient load; not in this case! Dr. Cole takes the time to listen to me, ask me plenty of questions and he takes a genuine interest in my overall health. I know my bad habits and lifestyles affect my health, and these are my choices, but Dr. Cole never gives up and reminds me that it is better to enjoy a healthy life longer than to live a shorter life with my bad habits. Dr. Cole cares about me and my health, there is no doubt in my mind of this fact. I am striving to improve, and his motivation is to do so is my driving reason. Were it not for his careful attention to my health and treatment plan, I would have certainly been in serious trouble and needing more intensive and comprehensive care! Thank goodness for Dr. Cole!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Hard to get into see the doctor but when you do he is very helpful, takes the time to talk to you and listen to you. I've never felt like he was rushing in and rushing out. Always had good advice, recommendations for things I could do in life-style to improve overall health and I walked out feeling like I mattered to him. The walk-in clinic at his office where you can be seen by a PA is a God-send for those pop-up injuries and illnesses. I would recommend his practice to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

The office wait time is a bit longer than I would like but this doctor has literally saved my life by dealing with my cronic pain and believing my wife and I.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2005

Dr. J. Steven Cole's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 2000)

Harvard-Pilgrim